MMDoom is a GZDoom monster replacer project porting Might & Magic monsters into GZDoom. Features include:
- 60 monsters separated into three factions according to M&M lore and specifically HoMM3 city lineups
- monsters are created using sprites and sounds from Might & Magic VI-VIII and Heroes 3 games
- compatibility with most WADs and gameplay mods for Doom, recommendations below
- monsters infight based on what "species" they belong to, with each faction having three
- Elements system: each monster is assigned an element determining its resistances and weaknesses
- Water > Fire; Fire > Earth; Earth > Air; Air > Water
- DamNums mod by Xaser included: your damage is shown in colored mumbers representing the elements
==== Factions: ====
These options are present in the menu:
1. Random Faction (default) - random faction is chosen each time the map loads
2. Dark - an army of Necropolis, Dungeon and Inferno units
3. Order - an army of Castle, Tower and Rampart units
4. Chaos - an army of Fortress, Stronghold and Cove units
5. All Monsters - all monsters are mixed together
==== Download: ====
MediaFire: https://www.mediafire.com/file/g8o9hiau ... 08.7z/file
Installation: There are several ways to install Doom mods, I prefer to create a shortcut for every mod combination.
Install GZDoom and create a shortcut for gzdoom.exe. In it's Object, add every mod name in load order so it looks smth like this:
C:\...\gzdoom.exe -file Avactor.wad nashgore.pk3 Walpurgis.pk3 MMDoom.pk3 MMdamnums.pk3
The best way to play MMDoom would be to load it w/ some kind of a fantasy-ish gameplay mod and a custom WAD (mappack) that fits fantasy theme. There is a lot of those created over long history of Doom. See the list of recommended mods at the end of this post.
Files included in archive:
- MMDoom.pk3 - main file
- MMDamNums.pk3 - Xaser's DamNums mod in included w/ a LANGUAGE file for MMDoom
- MMDamNums_WoC.pk3 - use this instead of previous file if you play w/ Wrath of Cronos mod
I recommend turning the Bloom ON in GZDoom postprocessing settings, makes projectiles look pretty. Also, set projectile trails to "Particles and Sprites", turn ON Sprite Shadows.
==== Video: ====
==== Monsters & Elements: ====
==== Thanks: ====
- New World Computing for Might & Magic and Heroes series
- GZDoom, it's devs and community for being so awesome
- Zan, author of Hedon, which heavily inspired me to turn my attention to GZDoom
- AlpacaNox, author of "MM7 in Doom" proof-of-concept project that served as a starting point for MMDoom
- EHARPER256, author of Walpurgis, the mod I personally play with MMDoom most of the time and which provided inspiration for some of the monster abilities
- Agent_Ash aka Jekyll Grim, a helper on GZDoom discord and author of ZScript guide, who answered all of my endless questions about ZScript
==== Important: ====
All sprites and sounds used in the mod were imported from Might & Magic and Heroes games and are such the property of Ubisoft, all rights reserved.
To see where they came from, check out the awesome Might & Magic VI-VIII games, best presented via the Merge mod that links all three game worlds.
I will never request any kind of payment or donation for MMDoom in any form, it is completely free for anyone.
==== Recommended Mods: ====
After a long hiatus and even longer consideration, I've decided I will not be putting any effort in any patches for the mod. It has some issues, but it mostly works, I personally play it just fine. Bugs are mostly minor, but not all of the features were implemented. Having some serious attention issues, I already have to condition myself hard to work on anything at all, and having to recently abandon the entirety of my life to move to another country (out of RU) certainly doesnt help. Besides, I want to use MM assets for something greater, and the more I realize what exactly that is, the more I understand GZDoom is just not cut for it.
You have my blessing to use the mod however you want. And I encourage you to hit me up if you need project documentation (there is plenty). Best way to contact me is via the YouTube channel or Discord, I can usually be found on Hedon or Might & Magic servers (Mercs / .rayburn).