Fury OF The Lioness

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
nekostuffing
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Fury OF The Lioness

Post by nekostuffing »

M_DOOM.png
M_DOOM.png (21.36 KiB) Viewed 6838 times
Fury of the lioness is a gameplay mod, that adds new weapons items and abilities, the mod is currently in beta.

Note:
I highly recomend having precache gl textures off, as this option tends to prevent the mod from loading,
and could freeze, but depending on your vram it might still work, however if it doesnt, just turn precache textures off.

Download:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/4xlkygbnpd5zt ... b.pk3?dl=0
  • 18 different and unique weapons
    Each weapon has an alt fire
    New item sprites and some Powerup changes
    3rd person and 1rst animations for each weapon
    3rd person animations for Jumping, Dashing, Swiming and climbing
    A new original character
Gameplay Vids
Spoiler:
Recomended monster mods to use

VDP_Monsters:
viewtopic.php?t=65220

Cybers Monsters:
viewtopic.php?f=43&t=63901

Doomkrakken's Monsters
viewtopic.php?t=62911

Player
Spoiler:
Weapons
Spoiler:
Items
Spoiler:
Credits
Spoiler:
If you like my work and would like to show your suport please consider donating any ammount to my paypal:
Last edited by nekostuffing on Thu Jun 08, 2023 11:57 pm, edited 3 times in total.
Spaceman333

Re: Fury OF The Lioness

Post by Spaceman333 »

Looks kickass, gonna add this to my backlog for later play!
r&r

Post by r&r »

Looks good to use for Temple of the Lizardmen and Egypt theme maps
ThrashfanBert1994

Post by ThrashfanBert1994 »

nice one owo
ChiliPimp
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ChiliPimp »

Pretty cool so far, quite the kickass arsenal this mod has. However it looks like the life stone mechanic breaks the game and can cause you to spawn without your starting weapons. Another little critique I have is that I think the Queen's design could use little more work. Feel like she could have a bit more accessories like some tribal jewelry or so and perhaps she could have more of a snoot (that one's more of a personal preference but feel free to do whatever with her).
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

Also encountered that 'no weapons' glitch myself.

Some general issues:
  • The footstep sound is kinda obnoxious IMO - tone it down and make it softer, sounds like someone dropping a steak on a counter when I'm playing on headphones.
  • The Whisper Bow could use to have its' animations punched up.
  • The Vermillion Long Rifle's casings look way too high-detail and seem kinda overly huge. Also wouldn't mind an option to not spit casings out in general.
  • IMO the Iron Repeater's alt-fire would be better as an automatic thing, instead of being a selection switch. If not, it'd be nice to indicate it somewhere on either the HUD or the sprite.
  • On the "Wings of the Gryphon" powerup, maybe a user option to disable it from spawning would be nice? It kinda breaks most maps in half what with being 2 minutes of flight.
  • Wrist bow could use either a higher fire rate or have autofire enabled, it feels a bit awkward.
  • Since it's a chainsaw replacement, maybe the Chimera's Fangs could also have autofire on the primary attack?
The good stuff:
  • Weapons are generally super punchy in the best ways. Only real exception is the Iron Repeater, which is only due to everything else being so much beefier. Special mention goes to the Ballista, that is REALLY satisfying.
  • The number of different melee weapons is actually quite nice and not something you see often.
  • The player actually having sprites for all weapons is pretty darn neat.
EDIT: Another suggestion for the "Wings of the Gryphon" - make it a 'weapon' that you can activate, giving the powerup's effect, or an inventory item that you can activate when needed.
nekostuffing

Post by nekostuffing »

Ill look into that "no weapons glitch", could you guys tell me if this glitch happened in any particular wad, or was it just doom/doom2, ive only tested this in lzdoom 3.88 with a few other wads, speaking of which i recomend trying this one out: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... oi_lstcv15

i played it with my mod, but i think its good for just about any mod, it was a really nice megawad.
CanisLaticanis
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by CanisLaticanis »

nekostuffing wrote:Ill look into that "no weapons glitch", could you guys tell me if this glitch happened in any particular wad, or was it just doom/doom2, ive only tested this in lzdoom 3.88 with a few other wads, speaking of which i recomend trying this one out: https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... oi_lstcv15

i played it with my mod, but i think its good for just about any mod, it was a really nice megawad.
Just vanilla Doom 2. I suspect it has something to do with the Wings switching you over to another player class, as the default (at least in GZDoom) is 'random'; selecting 'Stephanie the Lioness' as your player class prevents the glitch, and selecting 'Stephanie Gryphon Wings' has it trigger every time.
nekostuffing

Post by nekostuffing »

Update to v0.8b, the main download link has been updated.

Changes:
*The footstep sounds volume has been lowered.
*The no weapons glitch has been fixed.
*The wings of the gryphon powerup is now an item you carry and you can activate whenever you want.
*The Wrist Bow's primary fire has a higher rate of fire.

Things to change in the future:
Im still figuring out how to add an option, to remove casings from coming out of the Vermilion LongRifle, as suggested by CanisLaticanis.
In the meantime i made the casings a bit smaller.
Im also going to change the sprites from the Iron Repeater, so as to indicate when seeking projectiles mode is active/inactive.
lu88lu

Post by lu88lu »

Really great mod! I do have some balance issues though
-the red gem is overpowered, you can snipe an enemy from across the map and it stuns them so they cant do anything about it. i feel like it should be a melee weapon
-the wrist crossbow does way too much damage
Facínora

Post by Facínora »

I recorded a video using Fury OF The Lioness with some other mods and I noticed that the match took too long to start, after selecting the difficulty level, like almost freezing GZDoom (4.8.2 using fullscreen). Actually, sometimes it freezes it completely and I had to close it using task manager. I tried using the mod alone and I had the same lag, so I'd guess it's not the other mods' fault.

Anyway, I like where its going. the weapons are nice and promote a fast paced gameplay. The video is here if you care, but I found best to take the lag out of the footage.
TXTX

Post by TXTX »

Awesome looking mod already. Love your character's design!

Gonna try this out immediately.
nekostuffing

Post by nekostuffing »

TXTX wrote: Tue Aug 02, 2022 9:24 pm Awesome looking mod already. Love your character's design!

Gonna try this out immediately.
Awesome glad you liked it!.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”