Samsara Reincarnation 2.0 / ReMixer 1.1

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Shiny Metagross

Samsara Reincarnation 2.0 / ReMixer 1.1

Post by Shiny Metagross »

Check download links for the new versions.

A few words: It's taken me awhile to update these threads due to some factors.

First of all, I've been very busy with my own personal life the last threeish months, and I have not done much Samsara development within that time frame, except for serious issues. Updating threads is not something I enjoy doing, the text editor is rubbish, so I'd rather not do it with what little free time I have these days, but nonetheless, I'll update as much as I can.

I do not give a shit if people join our server or not to download our mod. I'd rather people download our mod externally than hop in, download and leave. For future reference, all our wads (except the loader and soundtrack), can always be obtained through Euroboros and TSPG. If you look around archives you could also find older versions, we just take down our copies to encourage people to play the newer versions.

Thirdly, I don't do my business here. I was never all that active here to begin with, and I hardly ever check these threads. Especially not these days. If you're lucky I might see any new messages posted here within 3 months. You're just so much better off contacting me through Discord or in our server.

If you're here, presumably you are familiar with Samsara. If you are not, then you may want to look here first. Otherwise, read-on.

Samsara Reincarnation is a continuation of Samsara out of what used to be Extra Heroes. Samsara Reincarnation is a rebranding to signify a departure from the addon era, full of often broken, useless, or outdated code, and a step forward to making better use of what's available, and continuing the vision of giving new life and admiration to the games presented on this project.
Spoiler: Character Roster
Spoiler: Downloads and Installation
Spoiler: Changelog
Spoiler: Credits
Spoiler: Our Discord Channel
Last edited by Shiny Metagross on Fri Oct 13, 2023 7:17 pm, edited 18 times in total.
mamaluigisbagel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Samsara Reincarnation 1.0 (Releases 2/18/2022)

Post by mamaluigisbagel »

Funny, I was just revisiting Samsara yesterday. Looking forward to this release!

Also just fyi Doom 64 guy is in the character roster twice :P
Shiny Metagross

mamaluigisbagel wrote:Funny, I was just revisiting Samsara yesterday. Looking forward to this release!

Also just fyi Doom 64 guy is in the character roster twice :P
Oh, thanks for pointing that out!
RastaManGames

Post by RastaManGames »

The returning of the legend.
Is there will be an updated monsterpack?
I remember something old that was created specially for Samsara back then...
Kinsie

Post by Kinsie »

Far canal, that's a lot of player classes. Looking forward to giving this a kick-around! That Goldeneye player class in particular looks outright inspired. :D

I've been playing around with something Samsara-inspired lately, so it must be something in the air. Kudos for sticking with that old codebase and it's, uh, eccentricities, and extending it so deeply! Did you have to do much in the way of rewriting?

Oh, by the way, this might come in useful based on that trailer: Quake 2 Test build HUD face
Spaceman333

Post by Spaceman333 »

Is there a feature to randomize the player character per map?

(assuming a pistol start, of course - I can't fathom how inventory could be kept equivalent from map to map)
Shiny Metagross

Kinsie wrote:Far canal, that's a lot of player classes. Looking forward to giving this a kick-around! That Goldeneye player class in particular looks outright inspired. :D

I've been playing around with something Samsara-inspired lately, so it must be something in the air. Kudos for sticking with that old codebase and it's, uh, eccentricities, and extending it so deeply! Did you have to do much in the way of rewriting?

Oh, by the way, this might come in useful based on that trailer: Quake 2 Test build HUD face
There was a little bit rewriting in the ACS, but more prominently, most of the changes in the ACS come down to either extending what was already there, or optimizing certain functions in the ACS. If I recall correctly, from using acsprofile, the amount of instructions run at once was reduced to something like less than half of what it was before (particularly in Samsara_Spawn in what used to be script_auto. You know, the one that loops during the entire game, the big one). All of the ACS was entirely reorganized. Wait until you see the changelog, because when I mentioned hundreds of bug fixes and additional features, I was not exaggerating.

That's a pretty cool Q2 mugshot!
JohnnyTheWolf

Post by JohnnyTheWolf »

Never paid much attention to Zanondrum, but I do have fond memories of Samsara, so I might have to give the former a shot!
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

Really really good stuff! Is it compatible with GZDoom?
Shiny Metagross

Ribo Zurai wrote:Really really good stuff! Is it compatible with GZDoom?
Yes it is!
RubyEyeShabranigdu
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Post by RubyEyeShabranigdu »

S_Andrew_S wrote:
Ribo Zurai wrote:Really really good stuff! Is it compatible with GZDoom?
Yes it is!
Yes!!! :D
openroadracer
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7 Professional 64-bit SP1
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by openroadracer »

Say, if you're going to have James Bond as he appeared in GoldenEye 007, I understand that he had no actual voice in that game; but I think it would be a cool idea to clip some of Brosnan's lines from his era of Bond films. What do you think?
Shiny Metagross

openroadracer wrote:Say, if you're going to have James Bond as he appeared in GoldenEye 007, I understand that he had no actual voice in that game; but I think it would be a cool idea to clip some of Brosnan's lines from his era of Bond films. What do you think?
Oh, we already did :P
MatsilagiII

Post by MatsilagiII »

Good to see Samsara is still getting some love, it's one of those mods i carry constantly on my phone.

If you guys need testers to try and find zero-day bugs, lemme know! I used to have another account here but i found it was recently breached and banned (which is sad), but i tested lots of mods in the pass.

As for the rest itself: congratulations! Definitely looking forward to it!
AvzinElkein

Post by AvzinElkein »

No download link yet?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”