"In space, no one can hear you load this with your favorite weapons."
This mod was ready to go for quite some time in my folders, and i even had the permission to release it. But yesterday i woke up with the mood of revising and polishing this for a 1.0 release. This is a enemies-only version of This awesome Aliens mod by Sink, albeit with a few twists to re-balance the game and make it more accessible while not losing the adrenaline the OG mod has.
- Added Fire deaths for most aliens;
- Aliens take 50% more fire damage!
- Increased the radius and height of most small enemies so they are easier to get rid of;
- Huggers and Bursters don't spam their jumpy behavior a lot anymore;
- Converted all sounds to ogg and saved 500kbs of space.
- New sounds for the Queen (Alien Trilogy)
- New sprites for the Queen (Alien Trilogy)
- Heretic and Hexen compatibility
- New sprites for the egg, from the Alien arcade game.
- New sprites for the smoke effects, though they're kinda hard to notice.
- Reduced the speed of all aliens to go easier on players
- Removed the Boiler because it was hard to deal in crowds.
- Removed the Carrier because of its spamming behaviour that turned some stages kinda hard.
- Cleaned, idented, polished and resumed all code inside (added some things like a basis for all xenos, and removed some ACS that wasn't in use).
- The mastermind behind this great enemy pack is Sink.
The mod was an alien mod for Zandronum that is hard to find nowadays,
but it takes the cake for being possibily the most consistent and
fun Aliens mod ever.
(I know about and respect other projects like Willkuer's Alien weapons, ContraKommando TC,
jdredalert great mods... But this one here is THE Aliens mod. My apologies. =p)
- Gore original code by Nash.
- Taller drone from the Duke3D TC of Aliens.
- Drone sprites by Virtue from his Aliens TC mod.
- Mike12 helped a lot on spriting things such as gibs, limbs and blood,
so he must be credited too.
Other credits were included, but those were related to weapons and ACS,
which are not used here.
THIS FORK CREDITS:
- Queen sounds and sprites from Alien Trilogy (PSX/PC).
The resources were ripped by some fellows, but i believe these were ripped by
HazeBandicoot and the code was wrote by Lex Safanov. I edited many things
inside Sink's OG code, but the Queen was mostly adapted rather than built from
Reduced the speed of all aliens to go easier on players
A very welcome change, especially that one.
I remember loading the original xenomorphs enemy replacer mod and my experience can be summed up as "fuck fuck fuck shit shit shit aaaaAAAAAA".
Now this enemy pack will be much nicer with the changes you listed.
Just to solve something before any of you ask, "why would i load this with that slog that hexen is? I don't even have guns..." remember that i made this mod not too long ago, so go wild if you need some firearms.
If i get to push a next update, i'll probably fix some small inconsistencies and slow all monsters even further. I still think they're not suited for mods in a general way.
One week since debut, and 258 downloads! That's great!
Just to clean the house a bit, i've already noticed a few inconsistencies with the pack, adressed them and forgot to do a proper changelog. But the gist of it is that i've thrown the file into Doom Crusher and i surprisingly got ONE ENTIRE MEGABYTE out of the file. So the mod is even smaller now, almost fits in a floppy! Other changes include some increasing in hitboxes size, reduced even more the chance of huggers and chestbursters spam-jump at you, fixed the Queen having small fire death sprites and removed some unused things out of it.
I've played this along with Painslayer (weapon mod based on Painkiller) with different mapsets and I had a blast with it, despite being pretty quick and being all over the place if you aren't on your toes. This is an awesome enemies only to be added to my playthrough.
mrspeaker wrote:Did you fix them getting stuck on invisible walls and stuff?
Imma be fair about it, i have no idea what causes this
My stupid guess is that they have some large hitboxes and the fact they are hella fast make them get stuck on things while chasing the player.
But don't worry yet, i need to push a V3 someday because the stupid here forgot to give A_BossDeath to the arachnotron and mancubus replacers.
Death_Ripper666 wrote:I've played this along with Painslayer (weapon mod based on Painkiller) with different mapsets and I had a blast with it, despite being pretty quick and being all over the place if you aren't on your toes. This is an awesome enemies only to be added to my playthrough.
Thank you! Keep tuned for more updates and have fun