[Monsterpack] KRUGLYI

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[Monsterpack] KRUGLYI

Postby Nomakh » Sat Feb 20, 2021 7:31 pm

Cacodemon. Tomato, Strawberry, Kekos... In my opinion this is the most charismatic monster from all original doom bestiary. He is always smiling, even when catching rocket with his... face? In game he can be very tricky just because of his flying ability. So i decided to make mod where all monsters are replaced by their "caco-analogs", with abilities that somehow can describe their originals. And sometimes there is something that compensates original monsters weakness. They all have the same health and painchance as original monsters, just for balance and mod flexibility - i'll talk about it later. The mod's name means "Round", "Spherical" in Russian language)

For example: Zombieman has low health and low damage. What can compensate this? Speed or size.

First concept of this mod: All monsters look like the same. You can only make a suggestion "how strong is this monster in front of you". If this is a little strawberry - this is probably zombieman or shotgunguy, if this is enormous smiling orb - probably you are facing the cyberdemon.First concept of this mod: All monsters look like the same. You can only make a suggestion "how strong is this monster in front of you". If this is a little strawberry - this is probably zombieman or shotgunguy, if this is enormous smiling orb - probably you are facing the cyberdemon.

The second concept is: Expect the unexpectable! All monsters have multiple attacks, everytime you can encounter new enemy's ability. Also there are already few surprises, from funny to a little annoying ones. But there will be more, cause this is just a WIP.

The third concept is: Active gameplay. No hitscans! Except the player's weapons and only one monster's attack. You should run around, dodge, jump, crouch - and you can escape from every enemy attack if you will be tricky enough.

The fourth concept is: Flexibility. You can combine this mod with any weapon pack or even some gameplay mods - it has been tested with "Highway to Hell", "High Noon Drifter", "Demon Hearts - Baron" and "Ultra-Crispy".

Download link: https://allfearthesentinel.net/zandronu ... i_v1.0.pk3

Here's some screenshots. But they aren't too informative, better play this mod and try it for yourself)
Spoiler:

Trailer:
Spoiler:
Nomakh

Re: [Monsterpack] KRUGLYI

Postby Valken » Sun Feb 21, 2021 12:15 am

I love tomatoes!
Valken

Postby Captain J » Sun Feb 21, 2021 5:37 am

Is this unofficial sequel to Fat Cacos? :D
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby shaodoomkahn » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:43 am

the new reboot of attack of the killer tomatoes looks good
shaodoomkahn

Discord: shaobrofan#6262
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Nomakh » Sun Feb 21, 2021 7:51 am

Valken wrote:I love tomatoes!
Yep, they are cute)

Captain J wrote:Is this unofficial sequel to Fat Cacos? :D

No, I didn't know about that project, this is "independent" project, if seriously.) Well, you can try it for yourself. And expect the unexpectable)

shaodoomkahn wrote:the new reboot of attack of the killer tomatoes looks good

Can you believe it? I've never seen this franchise? Untill you told me about it here)
Nomakh

Postby adski_drochila » Wed Mar 03, 2021 10:22 pm

Sounds great. I can't wait to cross this zoo with some weird arsenal like abort_m or the spaghetti project.
adski_drochila

Postby axredneck » Thu Mar 04, 2021 11:20 am

You lost an opportunity to call this mod KOLOBKI (Russian word too).
(Или колобками правильно называть soul sphere?)
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English

Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby Nomakh » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:20 pm

adski_drochila wrote:Sounds great. I can't wait to cross this zoo with some weird arsenal like abort_m or the spaghetti project.

Thanks for feedback) He-he it would be totally crazy fun) Don't be shy to leave more "detailed" feedback here)
Nomakh

Postby Nomakh » Thu Mar 04, 2021 3:22 pm

axredneck wrote:You lost an opportunity to call this mod KOLOBKI (Russian word too).
(Или колобками правильно называть soul sphere?)

Well, not exactly...) Krooglyi can sounds funny in English, if you are speaking it with right intonation. And it perfectly reflects the... "atmosphere"? You'll have opportunity to see this on future streams, he-he)

As for soulsphere - it's just "Ball of Health")
Nomakh

Postby eharper256 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 4:00 pm

shaodoomkahn wrote:the new reboot of attack of the killer tomatoes looks good

My favourite series as a kid. :lol:

Play on the Japanese Community Pack "I love Caco" level for maximum enjoyment.

That said; it might be nice to have a version which also re-colours the cacos so that we can have equal opportunity for all kinds of fruit and veg. There's probably enough Caco variant sprites around to make it a thing. :shock:
eharper256
Author of Hexen: Walpurgis

Postby Artman2004 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 5:37 pm

Maybe cacophony would be a better name?
Artman2004

Postby eharper256 » Thu Mar 04, 2021 6:05 pm

Artman2004 wrote:Maybe cacophony would be a better name?

Haha, the double entrende (if you intended it) there is pretty awesome. Phony Caco's making a Cacophony.
eharper256
Author of Hexen: Walpurgis

Postby axredneck » Fri Mar 05, 2021 7:04 am

Artman2004 wrote:Maybe cacophony would be a better name?

There is already a map called Cacophony in 1 Monster Megawad, and guess what monster it is dedicated to.
axredneck
excuse me for my bad English

Github ID: axredneck
Operating System: Other Linux 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Gameplay Mods