[BETA 0.1.1] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[BETA 0.1.1] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby cyber_cool » Tue Nov 24, 2020 10:06 am

I will surely care about this mod, I promise.

I am glad to present to you the "Planet Nexion: Conversion"!
It is a mod that adds monsters, weapons and items from "Planet Nexion" Wolfenstein 3D mod to Doom.
Many new mechanics were added/changed/tweaked on top of the original mod.

This mod features:
  • 6 new enemies
  • 7 new items
  • 4 new weapons

Planned updates:
  • Improve the balance (for now it's very hard to play)
  • Add more sounds
  • Add new skelegoyle attacks and moves
  • Somehow insert the whole story into the "Read This!"
  • Make ceiling hangers check if it's an actual ceiling and not a sky
  • Improve enemies descriptions
  • Add README
  • More better screenshots and probably a video trailer

I strongly recommend you to check out the original mod:
(yes, I could not find the mod outside of moddb)
https://www.moddb.com/mods/planet-nexion
Also, here is a playthrough:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MNE4_1puGX4&list=PL30D769E022CC1768

Weapon and enemy description (I don't really recommend to look here to not spoil yourself):
Spoiler:


Screenshots:





Change log:
Spoiler:

Download links:
Spoiler:
Last edited by cyber_cool on Sat Jan 23, 2021 6:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
cyber_cool
 
Joined: 13 Aug 2019
Discord: cyber_c001#4316
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [BETA] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Tue Nov 24, 2020 2:33 pm

Sorry .. would love to play that but it keeps giving me errors in gzdoom and lzdoom..(all versions)
Zandronum directly crashes ...
User avatar
Ferretmanjcdenton
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Location: Germany
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [BETA] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby cyber_cool » Tue Nov 24, 2020 3:40 pm

Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Sorry .. would love to play that but it keeps giving me errors in gzdoom and lzdoom..(all versions)
Zandronum directly crashes ...

Forgot to mention, it's written in Zscript, so no Zandronum support. Would you mind sharing the error? I remember testing the mod on the latest gzdoom version.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I've found and fixed the problem. Thank you for the contribution, though.
User avatar
cyber_cool
 
Joined: 13 Aug 2019
Discord: cyber_c001#4316
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [BETA] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby shaodoomkahn » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:16 pm

is this a classic game ?
shaodoomkahn
 
Joined: 01 Sep 2020
Discord: shaobrofan#6262
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Re: [BETA] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby Captain J » Thu Nov 26, 2020 9:46 pm

Oooh... Very impressive. I think i saw your wip vids at some discord server. Didn't know it was actually finished!... Or keep updating!

And i say the overall monochrome feels are really nice and appealing. I'll give this a try soon.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [BETA] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby Ferretmanjcdenton » Mon Dec 14, 2020 5:07 pm

cyber_cool wrote:
Ferretmanjcdenton wrote:Sorry .. would love to play that but it keeps giving me errors in gzdoom and lzdoom..(all versions)
Zandronum directly crashes ...

Forgot to mention, it's written in Zscript, so no Zandronum support. Would you mind sharing the error? I remember testing the mod on the latest gzdoom version.

Edit: Nevermind, looks like I've found and fixed the problem. Thank you for the contribution, though.



Sorry ..forgot about that ..

Yeah it give me with gzdoom 4.5 the error

3 errors while parsing DECORATE skripts ....

Same with lzdoom 3.87a ..

Gzdoom 3.82 says it's only for higher versions of gz ..like 4.2.2 or so ..

And all other versions below 3.82 crash instant
User avatar
Ferretmanjcdenton
 
Joined: 09 Mar 2020
Location: Germany
Discord: https://discord.gg/hRm8w97
Operating System: Other Linux ARM/PPC/etc
OS Test Version: Yes (Using Development/Testing Version)
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: [BETA] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby Captain J » Tue Dec 15, 2020 6:55 am

Well my GZDoom g4.5.0 64-bit works just fine, though. Make sure you're running the latest GZDoom with recent mods.

Anyways i played it a little and it's quite interesting. The monochrome aesthetics are quite working and it feels like doom is survival horror game now. However the enemies are overall overpowered and just unfair. Zombies have higher damage output and so do the flying eyeballs, the worst enemy. They does hitscan unlike the imps in vanilla doom and makes your sight darker and screwier. The wobble just won't stop and makes my brain... Simply scrambled. And the game only gives me the melee weapon, so it's definitely unfair in my opinion.

Weapons are okay, but i found BH Generator rather finicky. The projectile sucks me without giving me a second thought as well. But hey, this mod looks promising! Keep it ip.
User avatar
Captain J
That's Amoreee
 
 
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: A Year old Pizza Box
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: [BETA] Planet Nexion: Conversion

Postby cyber_cool » Sat Jan 23, 2021 5:49 pm

Captain J wrote:Anyways i played it a little and it's quite interesting. The monochrome aesthetics are quite working and it feels like doom is survival horror game now. However the enemies are overall overpowered and just unfair. Zombies have higher damage output and so do the flying eyeballs, the worst enemy. They does hitscan unlike the imps in vanilla doom and makes your sight darker and screwier. The wobble just won't stop and makes my brain... Simply scrambled. And the game only gives me the melee weapon, so it's definitely unfair in my opinion.

Weapons are okay, but i found BH Generator rather finicky. The projectile sucks me without giving me a second thought as well. But hey, this mod looks promising! Keep it ip.


Thanks for the feedback! I noticed as well that enemies were unbalanced, so I put an option to start with a ranged weapon in options menu. Though it's a bandaid, you made a good suggestion to decrease zombie damage output. I also made eyeballs' damage fall off at distance, but I think I might as well tune their blinding and damage down. Also I would add more safety to BH Generator, since now you can't fire it and go forward at the same time.
User avatar
cyber_cool
 
Joined: 13 Aug 2019
Discord: cyber_c001#4316
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)


Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: doomg1337fuck, Yoshi83X and 12 guests