Alabama Smith and the Abandoned Heretic Mod (v0.1b)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Khodoque

Alabama Smith and the Abandoned Heretic Mod (v0.1b)

Post by Khodoque »

Trouble in Parthosis is a-brewing and the elf is missing, so now it's up to this store-brand adventurer archeologist to steal recover all the expensive historically significant artifacts that belong in a black market museum! I present you this pulp-action two-fisted blood-pumping adventure that was collecting dust in my GZDoom folder for a year until I decided to scrap all the unfinished features and shove it out the door!
Spoiler:
Weapons:
Spoiler:
Screenshots:
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD: http://www.mediafire.com/file/7x4blzl0a ... b.pk3/file

Note that freelook is mandatory for this mod.
Xterra
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win7 SP1 / Tiny10 dualboot
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: Alabama Smith and the Abandoned Heretic Mod (v0.1b)

Post by Xterra »

Hey, do you mind me using the lever-action rifle sprites from this mod? They're the first set of said sprites I've seen that I've really liked.
-Xt.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Heretic AND vintage guns? It's a One way ticket to fun! Count me in.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Alabama Smith... Too bad he ain't Alabama Man who does Bowlin' and guzzlin' down sum Beers. Heh

Anyhoo, very intriguing mod. I'll check this out soon!

EDIT: So i played the mod. It's quite impressive that i only can run this mod in Heretic hence i play as a human male of modern age adventuring in the medieval fantasy continent. And if i use Tomb of Power, BAM! He's a mage. And here's some feedback:

- Revolver's rate of fire seems slower than Elven Wand. I want this to be fairly powerful and have plenty of ammo.

- Tommy Gun is... Somewhat realistically finicky to use. The whole screen shakes despite i fire it in 3 bursts. I honestly think Assault Gun executed reasonably wonky.

- Winchester Rifle's holstering animation flickers a little.

- What's up with actual Nazi Soldiers with actual Firearm? Their bullet speed are so fast and damage output is rather high.

And that's about it. Hope you add more weapon to it!
Khodoque

Post by Khodoque »

Xterra wrote:Hey, do you mind me using the lever-action rifle sprites from this mod? They're the first set of said sprites I've seen that I've really liked.
Those are the only sprites from this mod I actually like, so sure, use them! Don't forget to link me to your mod.
Captain J wrote:- What's up with actual Nazi Soldiers with actual Firearm? Their bullet speed are so fast and damage output is rather high.
Mod is inspired by Indiana Jones, can't have Indiana Jones without Nazis (they tried once, didn't worked at all). So they are spawned automatically near every artifact. The original idea was to spawn random traps like rolling boulders and gas clouds, and Nazis were just one of the possibilities, but as I said, had to push it out the door as is.
Captain J wrote: And that's about it. Hope you add more weapon to it!
Unfortunately, "Abandoned" in the mod name refers to the mod, not the Heretic. I don't have plans to develop it any further, but I am reusing some of its code in a TC I am making right now.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Aha... Sorry about abandoning it. Should've check out for that banner image. But still i like this mod already, but thanks for sharing it.
Xterra
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Win7 SP1 / Tiny10 dualboot
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Xterra »

Khodoque wrote: Those are the only sprites from this mod I actually like, so sure, use them! Don't forget to link me to your mod.
Sure thing! The lever-action isn't in the released mod yet-- that's a little while out-- but here's the ModDB page for the latest version of the mod, QuakeStyle ZX.
I don't have a ZDF post for it because...well, I usually don't hang around here enough.

https://www.moddb.com/mods/quakestyle-z ... ir-product
-Xt.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”