12/04/20 MurderDrive[v1.1]: A simple gameplay mod!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

12/04/20 MurderDrive[v1.1]: A simple gameplay mod!

Postby Redead-ITA » Sun Mar 29, 2020 10:22 am

Are you tired of going outside fighting the demon menace all by yourself most of the time?
Are you tired of carrying so many weapon that some might not be even be useful anymore?
Are you tired of feeling pain because you got shot/burned/plasmad/rocketed in the face?

Well i have just the thing for you!
INTRODUCING
M_DOOM.png

But you might be asking yourseslf
"What is this?" - a Clueless costumer
Well allow me to explain

Murder Drive is a purchasable computer system that allows you (dear costumer) to remotely Control a cyborg (With customizable look) and it's arsenal, in order to aid in the fight against a Orde of colorful demons, Wave of rogue robots, a 'literal' skeleton crew and much much more!

Not only that But Our computer system allows addon modifications, that you can download freely, for example,a Modification that allows customization of the way the cyborg moves or Get visual tracking of your weapons the list goes on

Curious about the cyborg arsenal? all cyborgs are equipped with HYUL Branded weaponry (with some slight modification)
Spoiler: Would you like to know More?

Still not convinced? we have a full photo album of all the things you can do while controlling the cyborg!
Spoiler: Screenshots

Well what are you waiting for?
GO AND GET IT HERE!
GZDoom 3.8 or higher is required to run this mod (however it is not tested)

Spoiler: Credits

Spoiler: Changelog

MD Corporation cyborg looks are totally original and while inspired they were not based on real people, if it does look similar to a person then it was totally a coincidence,
MD Corporation is not responsible to any type of damage that the client and/or cyborg might have got,
MD Corporation also will not help troubleshooting for any cyborg that has the ability to use their fists as it is against the terms of conditions.
MD Corporation is also not responsible for Float point truncation because "that is stuff that is outside our window"
Product is 18+ only for reason of Act of violence and use of guns, hide away from children under that age.
Set of images used for the commercial can be found in here
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Redead-ITA on Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:15 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Re: MurderDrive: A simple gameplay mod!

Postby Captain J » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:15 am

Pretty promising and impressive weapon mod there. It's fun that i can upgrade my weapons and have fun.

But i do wish there are more weapons. And the muzzle flash of pistol's secondary fire mode freezes for a sec.
Captain J
That's Amoreee

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Redead-ITA » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:32 am

Captain J wrote:Pretty promising and impressive weapon mod there. It's fun that i can upgrade my weapons and have fun.

Glad to hear you like it.
Captain J wrote:But i do wish there are more weapons. And the muzzle flash of pistol's secondary fire mode freezes for a sec.

I would have added more if HyperUltra releases more assets, and even then il probably make them on separated classes, because i do not want the weapons to feel useless in some cases, who knows if it will happen.
also i've somewhat fixed the muzzle flash now it will look less frozen if anything link is the same so feel free to redownload the mod.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby BradmanX » Sun Mar 29, 2020 11:41 am

Neat idea for a mod, will likely give this a shot, but I agree with Captain J that this could probably use some more weapons
BradmanX

Postby PatCatz2004 » Sun Mar 29, 2020 6:20 pm

Im interested!
PatCatz2004

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Sun Mar 29, 2020 7:07 pm

And here I had a funny thought that you could call in marine friends and all to kick butt and eat bubble gum, but I guess a cyborg is also neat too.
Starman the Blaziken
Are you finished with those errands?

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Scum-head » Mon Mar 30, 2020 12:44 pm

Awesome work! The all weapons handle great. Just a head up though, the Super Shotgun upgrade seems to be missing it's firing sound.

I was using Doom 1 and my Super Shotgun spawner mod is missing the sound file. Disregard my false bug report.
Last edited by Scum-head on Mon Mar 30, 2020 6:38 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Scum-head

Twitch ID: #0717

Postby Starman the Blaziken » Mon Mar 30, 2020 4:20 pm

Scum-head wrote:Awesome work! The all weapons handle great. Just a head up though, the Super Shotgun upgrade seems to be missing it's firing sound.

You are probably playing with Doom 1 / FreeDoom Phase 1 and not Doom 2 / FreeDoom Phase 2.
Starman the Blaziken
Are you finished with those errands?

Discord: Starman The Blaziken#2417
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Postby BradmanX » Mon Mar 30, 2020 10:56 pm

Gave it a shot, fun mod, the weapons feel nice, though like I said before, this could maybe use a couple more atleast.
BradmanX

Postby Redead-ITA » Tue Mar 31, 2020 2:30 am

BradmanX wrote:Gave it a shot, fun mod, the weapons feel nice, though like I said before, this could maybe use a couple more atleast.

Glad to hear, and again i can see where you come from with couple more weapons, but i want to keep the theme for each, i am planning however to maybe make use of Typical sonic fan for the next set, who knows.
Scum-head wrote:Awesome work! The all weapons handle great.

glad to hear they feel great!, i should note however the upgrade that you find in the place for the ssg fufills the same role, so getting it in doom1 is kinda redundant.
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Postby BradmanX » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:21 am

Redead-ITA wrote:
BradmanX wrote:Gave it a shot, fun mod, the weapons feel nice, though like I said before, this could maybe use a couple more atleast.

Glad to hear, and again i can see where you come from with couple more weapons, but i want to keep the theme for each, i am planning however to maybe make use of Typical sonic fan for the next set, who knows.
I can understand that, the weapons that are there are definitely nice, there being only a few there is alittle odd though, even if some do occupy the roles of another with their upgrade(s), like shotgun.
BradmanX

Postby BradmanX » Tue Mar 31, 2020 11:23 am

Redead-ITA wrote:Glad to hear, and again i can see where you come from with couple more weapons, but i want to keep the theme for each, i am planning however to maybe make use of Typical sonic fan for the next set, who knows.

I can understand that, the weapons that are there are definitely nice, there being only a few there is alittle odd though, even if some do occupy the roles of another with their upgrade(s), like shotgun.
BradmanX

Re: 12/04/20 MurderDrive[v1.1]: A simple gameplay mod!

Postby Redead-ITA » Sun Apr 12, 2020 2:16 pm

UPDATED THE MOD, link to download and change log are in the OP.
Feedback is appricieated!
Redead-ITA
I suck at H posing

Return to Gameplay Mods