Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.2B 16/10/19]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Kriegsland II: Untergrund [v1.2B 16/10/19]

Postby GAA1992 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:00 pm

Image

DOWNLOAD!

Hello again, welcome to my 8th mod. For those who know Kriegsland, i only need to say thanks for all your support in these 2 years!

For those who don't, i'd like to invite you to give a go on a mod that's all about shooting nazis and robots with high tech weaponry, using gadgets, dual wielded weapons and, more importantly, getting psyched ;)

Spoiler: What's the lore behind Kriegsland II?


Spoiler: Read before playing, seriously


Spoiler: What this mod has to offer?


Spoiler: Credits


Spoiler: Links/Add-ons


Spoiler: Videos

As always, have fun and GET PSYCHED!
Last edited by GAA1992 on Sun Oct 27, 2019 11:30 pm, edited 13 times in total.
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Gideon020 » Tue Jun 25, 2019 10:55 pm

Could have a heavy machinegun and the hammergeweher be the Plasma and BFG. :D

But still, I'm looking to playing this and whatever future updates bring. :)
Gideon020
Fanboy
 
Joined: 28 Sep 2015

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Rex705 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:15 am

I love Kriegsland and was always waiting for updates. Now I gotta try out the sequel. I was planning on doing some videos with this, now maybe I'll try out this one instead.
User avatar
Rex705
 
Joined: 22 Nov 2015
Discord: Rex705
Twitch ID: Rex705

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby affandede » Wed Jun 26, 2019 12:44 am

A new mod by GAA? This is a good day to be alive.
User avatar
affandede
 
Joined: 11 Nov 2017

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Mister Neauxbauxdeay » Wed Jun 26, 2019 9:12 am

You listed Hexen twice in the game compatibility listings. :lol:
User avatar
Mister Neauxbauxdeay
Brought to you by the letters "LULZ"
 
Joined: 26 Apr 2015
Location: Wherever the LULZ be a-blossomin'

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Endie » Wed Jun 26, 2019 10:51 am

Gotta love what you did here.
The game isbfast paced, the gunplay is fluid, and the overall flow is awesome, nice job man
User avatar
Endie
Degreelessness mode ON
 
Joined: 16 Mar 2017
Discord: Moa Dixøn™#4254

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 11:19 am

While I am very excited, shooting demons in the face in a Nazi mod feels weird, lol. I'm gonna wait till they're implemented. However, I do like the whole revolution vibe, eagerly awaiting more updates
UnbornDecay25
 
Joined: 30 Oct 2018

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Korell » Wed Jun 26, 2019 4:27 pm

Is the Kriegsland Enemies pack here different to the one linked to for Kriegsland 1, and designed for Kriegsland 2, or is it more of an updated version of the original Kriegsland Enemies pack for use with both Kriegsland 1+2?
User avatar
Korell
 
Joined: 28 May 2017

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Black Rock Shooter » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:29 pm

Congrats on the release, chief! Love ya.
User avatar
Black Rock Shooter
(Flicks lighter)
 
Joined: 02 May 2017
Location: Sea of Souls.

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Valherran » Wed Jun 26, 2019 5:37 pm

Ran through Doom 1 and 2, not bad at all.

Hexen needs some touch-ups though, the HUD is little strange, and the menu cursor is missing.

I do have some issues though:

1. The kick is worthless. It does little to no damage and doesn't even knock-back or stun. Brutal Doom style kicks would be very useful.

2. Punch damage range is too wide, sometimes it takes twice as many hits to kill something.

3. I'd like an option for used medkits to disappear or fade away on pick-up.

4. Nazis deal too much damage through armor. Even when trying not to get hit as much as possible, I easily chew through all of the medkits in the level when they do get some hit off on me. Is this intended?
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby GAA1992 » Wed Jun 26, 2019 6:33 pm

UnbornDecay25 wrote:While I am very excited, shooting demons in the face in a Nazi mod feels weird, lol. I'm gonna wait till they're implemented. However, I do like the whole revolution vibe, eagerly awaiting more updates


Thanks! While i don't work on a complete version though, you can use the nazi enemies pack on the add-ons, which...

Korell wrote:Is the Kriegsland Enemies pack here different to the one linked to for Kriegsland 1, and designed for Kriegsland 2, or is it more of an updated version of the original Kriegsland Enemies pack for use with both Kriegsland 1+2?


It is exactly the same pack as the first! I will update it in the future, add new enemies, remove some that always felt off, and add more gimmicks. But rest assured that i'll inform you all when it happens.

Mister Neauxbauxdeay wrote:You listed Hexen twice in the game compatibility listings. :lol:

Fixed, thank you!

Gideon020 wrote:Could have a heavy machinegun and the hammergeweher be the Plasma and BFG. :D

But still, I'm looking to playing this and whatever future updates bring. :)


Nothing new in terms of weapons now, but i think this can be a stable weaponset. Thanks =)

Valherran wrote:Ran through Doom 1 and 2, not bad at all.

Hexen needs some touch-ups though, the HUD is little strange, and the menu cursor is missing.

I do have some issues though:

1. The kick is worthless. It does little to no damage and doesn't even knock-back or stun. Brutal Doom style kicks would be very useful.

2. Punch damage range is too wide, sometimes it takes twice as many hits to kill something.

3. I'd like an option for used medkits to disappear or fade away on pick-up.

4. Nazis deal too much damage through armor. Even when trying not to get hit as much as possible, I easily chew through all of the medkits in the level when they do get some hit off on me. Is this intended?


Thanks for the feedback! As for number 3, there is actually an option in "Extra menu" called "Medikit Litter". Turn it off and they'll fade away after 3 seconds! =)

Number 4 might be depending on which difficulty level you are playing on. Suicide and the 4th secret difficulty level are unforgiving when it comes to open maps, i admit (i die a lot of times and my wife mocks me for dying in my own mod hahaha). But thais is not news for me, so maybe i'll keep their high accuracy and tone down the damage.

Black Rock Shooter wrote:Congrats on the release, chief! Love ya.

Endie wrote:Gotta love what you did here.
The game isbfast paced, the gunplay is fluid, and the overall flow is awesome, nice job man

affandede wrote:A new mod by GAA? This is a good day to be alive.


Thank you all!
User avatar
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.
 
Joined: 04 Jun 2015
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby mutator » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:09 pm

i actually liked the main mod the author made but this is good too, will weapons have ability to reload as optional in feature or it will stay as how it is?
User avatar
mutator
 
Joined: 09 Dec 2015

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby Valherran » Wed Jun 26, 2019 8:12 pm

Thanks for the feedback! As for number 3, there is actually an option in "Extra menu" called "Medikit Litter". Turn it off and they'll fade away after 3 seconds! =)


Ah, missed that one, thanks for pointing that out.

Number 4 might be depending on which difficulty level you are playing on. Suicide and the 4th secret difficulty level are unforgiving when it comes to open maps, i admit (i die a lot of times and my wife mocks me for dying in my own mod hahaha). But thais is not news for me, so maybe i'll keep their high accuracy and tone down the damage.


A small decrease in accuracy would help too, not a lot just a little bit. The bigger enemies tear you up at pretty much any range even at long, kind of unfair and not in a challenging way.

Another thing I noticed is that the robot enemy that replaces the Baron of Hell, he is really REALLY resistant to the slot 7 weapon. It can take up to 6 shots before dying when most enemies die in 1-2. Is that also intentional?
User avatar
Valherran
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2009

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby D3athStalker » Thu Jun 27, 2019 12:05 am

Pretty good mod, I really like the theme of it, which feels more modern yet still maintains some of the cyberpunk / WW2 theme the previous mod had. And the weapon sprites look gorgeous, especially the explosive sniper rifle.

I also would've never thought I'd see MK Special Forces in the credit list for a Doom mod. Lol

And here's a tiny bug report: The pickup message for Sturmflinte says that it is on Slot 3 whereas it's a Slot 7 weapon.
User avatar
D3athStalker
Sadistic Vampire Enthusiast
 
Joined: 28 Feb 2016
Location: The nearest Vaeternian blood pub
Discord: D3athStalker#8290

Re: Kriegsland II: Untergrund

Postby UnbornDecay25 » Thu Jun 27, 2019 1:02 am

GAA1992 wrote:
UnbornDecay25 wrote:While I am very excited, shooting demons in the face in a Nazi mod feels weird, lol. I'm gonna wait till they're implemented. However, I do like the whole revolution vibe, eagerly awaiting more updates


Thanks! While i don't work on a complete version though, you can use the nazi enemies pack on the add-ons, which...


I am a fucking moron and didnt see that. Tysm for letting me know.
UnbornDecay25
 
Joined: 30 Oct 2018

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Mikk-, PresBarackbar and 12 guests