GAMEPLAY and REVIEW by the Incomparable Mr. Icarus!
Hi, this is my first mod (that I've published)!
Stylish Hell is a Monster Randomizer that replaces every demon in Doom 2 with cute demon girls in adorable outfits.
Outfits give them different attributes like health, speed, and attacks.
This mod is designed to make Doom a bit harder, but the mod works very well with weapon mods such as La Tailor Girl, Combined Arms, High Noon Drifter, TYPHON, or Cola 3.
It works great with vanilla Doom levels, slaughtermaps, and everything in between.
This mod gets rid of a lot of gore and has NO actual 'H' content.
This mod is also compatible with Heretic and Chex Quest, and has unique enemies in each! Hexen compatibility is coming soon!
In Options, under Stylish Settings, you can set whether enemies teleport away on defeat. (more options are coming soon)
[spoiler]- Demons are born from massive pits of superheated mud, infused with hell's energy and given form. They come in many shapes and sizes, and grow larger and stronger as they fight and subjugate mortals. Eventually, they develop personalities and wear outfits that reflect their new powers. This is also thought to be part of hell's plan to infiltrate human society, although it seems to have had little success.
- Humans: Humans are little more than fuel or cannon fodder for hell's conquest. Their powerful emotions feed hell's energies, and they are captured and drained of energy by demons. Some are ensorcelled and forced to fight their fellow humans, their eyes clouded by illusions that make demons look like friends, and humans look demonic. Others are seduced or willingly surrender, forming cults in the hopes of gaining favor and supernatural power.
- Flying Imps: The smallest, weakest, and cutest of all demons, these little tricksters act as messengers or servants to powerful lords. They rely on numbers and their small sizes when attacking a target. They often steal shiny treasure or tasty treats and offer it to their lord.
- Imps: Imps are the backbone of any invasion force. These innumerable foot soldiers are known for their ferocity and great variety in appearance and powers. They rarely gain any real status, and are easily cowed by bigger demons. Their loyalty to their own kind is stronger than any other kind of demon.
- Pinkies: Musclebound meatheads, these goatlike demons are always looking for a fight. They focus all their energy on training and getting stronger and faster. Pinkies love sparring and challenge everyone to fights constantly.
- Stalkers: Spindly, pointy and incredibly swift, stalkers lurk in dark, cramped areas to ambush trespassers. They are highly embarrassed by their odd appearances, and so are very shy.
- Enforcers: These mid ranking demons wield powerful guns and keep human or imp minions in line with fear. They lay down suppressive fire from afar and can rapidly grow into huge monsters.
- Ophidian: Hell's finest guardians, these serpentine demons are known for their discipline and fighting prowess. They wield magical spears that fire energy blasts, and can crush a human with their iron coils.
- Void Imp: These large, purple imps are infused with the unholy energies of the void at creation, causing them to grow larger than normal and develop sinister powers. Despite their powers, they prefer to seduce humans, build power quietly and manipulate events from afar.
- Mechs: Using the same cybernetic technology used to enhance demon lords, these mobile armor units use human firepower to lay down a devastating fusillade of missiles. They are piloted by brainwashed and utterly loyal humans.
- Lightbringers: Powerful cult leaders, they are command hordes of loyal human and demon followers, and can shoot an incredibly powerful beam of light.
- Baronesses: Towering over most other demons, these massive demons have unparalleled might and rule small sections of hell through force. They command the legions of hell during invasions, and some even become demon lords. Some develop a taste for forbidden knowledge, and seek out rare texts or artifacts to give themselves even greater strength.
- Demon Lords: The greatest of demons, these gigantic monstrosities can destroy a whole army singlehandedly, and wield incredible power. They rule the realms of hell by being unapproachable, and are known to form shaky alliances with other lords during conquest of new planets.
- Titania: Legends speak of a colossal demon that could destroy whole planets with ease. As tall as a mountain and wielding the power of a small sun, it could obliterate a city with a wave of its hand.[/spoiler]
A: DON'T open the zip file!
Q: Is there a credits page? Can I use your sprites for my own project?
A: Yes, if you open the zip file there is a TXT file called "credits.txt". I give credit to all the games, mods and users that helped inspire me to create this mod. You can also easily open up the "sprites" folder to get access to my sprites, which you can use however you want (if you plan to publish something with them, I'd ask you please give me credit somewhere).
Q: Should I play this with a mouse and mouselook?
A: YES. The numerous flying enemies in this mod all but demand you play with mouselook. You don't have to if you don't want to, but it is how the mod is meant to be played.
Q: How do I play this with a weapon or map mod that also replaces monsters?
A: As seen above, load Stylish Hell after the weapon mod, and you can play against the demons with whatever set you please! This works surprisingly well with dukenukem3d.wad or Netronian Chaos.[/spoiler]
[spoiler]Fixed sprite name conflicts with La Tailor Girl and Combined Arms
Buffed hidden (barrel) imps with more speed, much more explosion damage, and unique projectile attacks
Changed Cowgirl Imp's railgun to a projectile, making her more of a threat.
Added new Archvile sounds
Added new Armored Snakegirl variant
Changed Boxer Pinkie and Stalker's attacks to make them much, much more dangerous.
Added QuadShotgunner (drops Supershotgun)
Changed Sniper's railgun to a projectile
Added Cacogirl (unpleasant miniboss)
Tweaked Doomguy Imp's BFG for smaller radius, more damage
Made Active Sounds quieter, added more lines for most common monsters
Added Uniform Snakegirl (fires a series of homing missiles)
Added Armored Flying Imp (Lost Soul+Melee Attacks)
Added "Plasma" and "Fire" elemental deaths (works especially well with La Tailor Girl)
Added Heretic Compatibility
Added four new monsters: Dullahan Knight, Wizardgirl, Cockatrice and Minotaurgirl
Added new Map 30 featuring a custom gigantic final boss.
Patched various visual bugs with Plasma Pain/Death animations
Added Chex Quest Compatibility
Added four sizes of Slimes and the rapid firing Armored Slime
Added 3 new variants: Ifrit, Uniform Flying Imp and Virgin Killer Void Imp
Nerfed Mech damage by 2 points
Added species damage to Quad Shotgunners
Added colored burst for missiles
replaced the Morph Ovum with projectiles that summon friendly cockatrices
Added friendly Cyclops Snipers, tied up and awaiting freedom
Fixed a lot of minor bugs with plasma and fire pain and death states
Added cast rollcall/MAP30 exit message
Added Stylish Settings: Cleanup (teleports enemies home on defeat)
Fixed a few visual bugs with Plasma Pain states
File is now a .PK3
Nerfed Cacogirl's OP AOE attack radius and damage
Added Hexen Compatibility with 8 (9) new monster types!
Bugbear, Afrit (dark flaming flying imp), Centaurian, Serpent Girl, Dark Priestess, Mini Reaper, Green and Brown Chaos Beasts, and the formidable Lady Heresiarch (now with much less invulnerability time!)
PorkFX transorms players into Cockatrice players, which can shoot ice
Dark Servant item now summons a powerful friendly Minotaur Girl
Added Skelly and Riflegirl
Added Cockatrice noises
Changed Pinkie animations slightly to look better
Added imp and flying imp name calling for La Tailor Girl's Sewie[/spoiler]