ThanosDooM

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
User avatar
Mawosic
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 pm
Discord: Mawosic#5095
Location: Brazil

ThanosDooM

Post by Mawosic »

ThanosDoom - by Mawosic



This mod adds our favorite villain Thanos to our favorite FPS game DooM!
How it works:

You start with your Infinite Gauntlet already with all the respective stones in their places ( Cool, huh? )
Every slot has a diferent power:


None: Use your gauntlet and hands to punch some ugly demon faces!

Double Bladed Sword: Cut some demons in half with a large double bladed sword, you can also use the sword as a boomerang

Time: Stops time for 10 seconds

Power: Shoots a destructive powerful laser beam or do a powreful laser dash, not a beam

Power&Time: Shoots a destructive powerful laser beam but in S L O W M O T I O N !

Space: Use portals: Create 2 interconnecting portals

Space2: F L Y AND L A S E R I T !

Space%Power: Use the power of telekinesis to blast everyone!

Soul: Heals yourself, pretty simple, or else you can use a laser beam that RIP THROUGH YOUR ENEMIES SOULS!

Reality: Be invisible or invincible and make projectiles reflect back to your shooter, kill them with their own poisons!

Mind: Scare the shit out of the monsters, why not?

Snap: Kill ALL MONSTERS in the map in a snap of fingers!

AllStones: Unleashes the real power of the infinity stones!



Screenshots:






Download Link:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/icy2badh ... 2.wad/file



Credits:

Shit.wad by Kinsie
InfinityGauntlet HUD 3D Model by Cinema4DTutorial
Fortnite Thanos Rig ModeL by RedArtz
InfinityGauntlet HUD Rendering and Editing by Mawosic
Thanos Skin Rendering and Editing by Thy™
Some Coding Editing and "Deformation" by Mawosic
Some Sprites Editing by Mawosic
Some Hands Sprite Pickup From a Hands Template from Cutmanmike
Some Coding Helping by Thy™
Parameter A_Damageself Thing of Sans Mod solution by Tsukiyomaru0

Some Other Wads Which I STOLE Some Codes and Sprites:

Mega Man 8-bit Deathmatch by CutmanMike and TeamMM8BDM
The Teleportal "Multiplayer Portal Gun" by Kate
DragonDoomZ by Virtue
Dio Doom by Skelegant
Sans by Ribo Zurai
Determination by Ribo Zurai

The Softwares That i Used:
Paint.net
C4D
SLADE

Yeah.
Last edited by Mawosic on Fri May 10, 2019 10:55 am, edited 1 time in total.
User avatar
Caligari87
User Accounts Assistant
Posts: 5995
Joined: Thu Feb 26, 2004 3:02 pm
Discord: Caligari87#3089
Github ID: caligari87
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by Caligari87 »

This looks rather creative, I like it.

8-)
User avatar
Dr_Cosmobyte
Posts: 2546
Joined: Thu Jun 04, 2015 9:07 pm
Location: Killing spiders.

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Fortnite had a Thanos mode once upon a time, maybe you can get his sounds from there!
User avatar
YukesVonFaust
Posts: 1298
Joined: Mon Feb 09, 2015 9:00 am
Discord: Yukes von Faust#9009
Location: in your area, where else

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by YukesVonFaust »

GAA1992 wrote:Fortnite had a Thanos mode once upon a time, maybe you can get his sounds from there!
or could be better, the thanos voice set from capcom's Marvel Super Heroes...

so i can hear "Thanos Reigns" everytime he snaps his fingers...
User avatar
Ribo Zurai
Posts: 868
Joined: Fri Jul 03, 2009 1:47 pm

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by Ribo Zurai »

THANOS WAD

THANOS WAD
User avatar
Beed28
Posts: 595
Joined: Sun Feb 24, 2013 4:07 pm
Location: United Kingdom

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by Beed28 »

Mawosic wrote:Snap: Kill ALL MONSTERS in the map in a snap of fingers!
Should've been a permanent, one time use ability that disintegrates half of all monsters in the current map, and then every subsequent map afterwards removes exactly half of the monsters upon starting. :wink:
User avatar
mrtaterz
Posts: 236
Joined: Wed Feb 14, 2018 8:47 pm
Discord: GooseJelly#8476
Twitch ID: thebigchez420
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by mrtaterz »

Beed28 wrote:
Mawosic wrote:Snap: Kill ALL MONSTERS in the map in a snap of fingers!
Should've been a permanent, one time use ability that disintegrates half of all monsters in the current map, and then every subsequent map afterwards removes exactly half of the monsters upon starting. :wink:
Would be a funny way of adding in a "mutator" into the game dynamically.
SnakeTheJake
Posts: 2
Joined: Thu May 09, 2019 6:26 pm

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by SnakeTheJake »

I love this mod but I can't seem to get the reality power to show up.
CD-Roman
Posts: 54
Joined: Sat May 19, 2018 4:03 am

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by CD-Roman »

Cool idea, the mod has potencial

Snap in action ;)
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1801079 ... 114867048/
User avatar
Mawosic
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 pm
Discord: Mawosic#5095
Location: Brazil

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by Mawosic »

Done, I updated it, V2 boi.

Changelog:
-Double Bladed Sword moves in frozen time
-Add an AltFire to PowerStone
-Add New Slot "AllStones"
-Fix the RealityStone thing

Download:
https://www.mediafire.com/file/icy2badh ... 2.wad/file
da succ
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by da succ »

A really good mod, I can see this being awesome in the future! Also, I had a few ideas I brainstormed while playing the hell outta this gameplay mod. Here are a few: (Possible Spoilers for EndGame.)
- I think it'd be cool if Thanos' double bladed sword could spin just like in that one scene where he blocked Iron-Man's lasers from Endgame. Could be used for defensive purposes and also some slicey dicey action when up close. (Reload button, maybe?)
- I feel like you could change the portal's sprites to look more like the movie's. (Perhaps that'd break some things with the portal feature, so I'm not 100% on this one. Hell, I'm not even 100% on all of these.)
- Perhaps instead of just putting his hands up the air like Superman when he flies, what if he also had a blue outline? I think it would help emphasize the Space Stone's effect on Thanos.
- Maybe you could use the Infinity Gauntlet's sounds from the Infinity War movie? I think they'd contribute to the whole "I'm a God" feel.
- I may be alone on this, but I think the Power+Time ability is kind of... Useless. Perhaps they could have the advantage of locking onto enemies? I don't know.
Yeah, I think that's about it. The other ideas I'm thinking would be really time-consuming. Also, I don't want to act like I'm the owner of this mod, DEMANDING features for it, these are just some ideas that I think would be cool to implement in it.
User avatar
Mawosic
Posts: 9
Joined: Tue May 07, 2019 7:02 pm
Discord: Mawosic#5095
Location: Brazil

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by Mawosic »

da succ wrote:A really good mod, I can see this being awesome in the future! Also, I had a few ideas I brainstormed while playing the hell outta this gameplay mod. Here are a few: (Possible Spoilers for EndGame.)
- I think it'd be cool if Thanos' double bladed sword could spin just like in that one scene where he blocked Iron-Man's lasers from Endgame. Could be used for defensive purposes and also some slicey dicey action when up close. (Reload button, maybe?)
- I feel like you could change the portal's sprites to look more like the movie's. (Perhaps that'd break some things with the portal feature, so I'm not 100% on this one. Hell, I'm not even 100% on all of these.)
- Perhaps instead of just putting his hands up the air like Superman when he flies, what if he also had a blue outline? I think it would help emphasize the Space Stone's effect on Thanos.
- Maybe you could use the Infinity Gauntlet's sounds from the Infinity War movie? I think they'd contribute to the whole "I'm a God" feel.
- I may be alone on this, but I think the Power+Time ability is kind of... Useless. Perhaps they could have the advantage of locking onto enemies? I don't know.
Yeah, I think that's about it. The other ideas I'm thinking would be really time-consuming. Also, I don't want to act like I'm the owner of this mod, DEMANDING features for it, these are just some ideas that I think would be cool to implement in it.
Well, seem like some cool suggestions, maybe I'll recreate the mod in the future (because I do not know how this mod was not considered a joke yet) and think about them, also, the Power+Time ability was created just for me make fun of my friends at deathmatch actually, even the mod being focused on the coop.
da succ
Posts: 2
Joined: Mon Mar 26, 2018 3:54 pm

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by da succ »

Mawosic wrote:
da succ wrote:A really good mod, I can see this being awesome in the future! Also, I had a few ideas I brainstormed while playing the hell outta this gameplay mod. Here are a few: (Possible Spoilers for EndGame.)
- I think it'd be cool if Thanos' double bladed sword could spin just like in that one scene where he blocked Iron-Man's lasers from Endgame. Could be used for defensive purposes and also some slicey dicey action when up close. (Reload button, maybe?)
- I feel like you could change the portal's sprites to look more like the movie's. (Perhaps that'd break some things with the portal feature, so I'm not 100% on this one. Hell, I'm not even 100% on all of these.)
- Perhaps instead of just putting his hands up the air like Superman when he flies, what if he also had a blue outline? I think it would help emphasize the Space Stone's effect on Thanos.
- Maybe you could use the Infinity Gauntlet's sounds from the Infinity War movie? I think they'd contribute to the whole "I'm a God" feel.
- I may be alone on this, but I think the Power+Time ability is kind of... Useless. Perhaps they could have the advantage of locking onto enemies? I don't know.
Yeah, I think that's about it. The other ideas I'm thinking would be really time-consuming. Also, I don't want to act like I'm the owner of this mod, DEMANDING features for it, these are just some ideas that I think would be cool to implement in it.
Well, seem like some cool suggestions, maybe I'll recreate the mod in the future (because I do not know how this mod was not considered a joke yet) and think about them, also, the Power+Time ability was created just for me make fun of my friends at deathmatch actually, even the mod being focused on the coop.
I see, thanks for looking at my ideas! I had a few more of them like obtainable Infinity Stones, buffs and whatnot, but I think this mod is pretty good as it is!
User avatar
r&r
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by r&r »

Hoping it be playable on Hexen and Heretic
I tried it on Hexen and if you pick up a Hexen weapon in Hexen you get stock using that Hexen weapon only
and not able to choose or use any other Thanos stuff, even with all weapons cheats you can't change weapons, how odd.
I have't tested it on Heretic or Strife yet

Ok I realize the weapon wheel doesn't work, but using the number keys fixes the Thanos weapons again. (On Heretic Only)
as Hexen the game get stock with one weapon only.
User avatar
r&r
Posts: 229
Joined: Fri Sep 08, 2017 2:54 pm

Re: ThanosDooM

Post by r&r »

A few ideas

Reality & Space stones = Creates a Thanos clone that throw his sword and shoot lasers, and able to distraction the enemies too.

Soul and Mind stones = Basically able to bring any dead monster to life as a ally.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”