Kinsie's DRLA Mini-Modlets (08/4/19 metaprops bugfix)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Kinsie's DRLA Mini-Modlets (08/4/19 metaprops bugfix)

Postby Kinsie » Wed Mar 20, 2019 3:32 am

With the release of the new DRLA I've taken to doing a bunch of ironman running with it using Oblige/ObAddon mapsets. It's an utter blast, but since I can't leave well-enough alone I whacked together a few mods to go alongside DRLA to my personal taste.

• DoomRLA_Kinsie_Fluff - Adds a nice little TITLEMAP sequence and CONBACK image using the little logo you can see on this post, and also silences the startup noise that loves to annihilate my ears every time the game loads.
  • DoomRLA_Kinsie_Sounds - Replaces various old low-res sounds (usually taken from my ancient-ass Doom Enhanced mod) with higher-res versions that are almost exactly the same content-wise, just a pinch less fuzzy. No artistic license here!
  • DoomRLA_Kinsie_FknRIP - Ports over the death sequence from Juvenile Power Fantasy, with the addition of a silly, hacky new death camera.
  • DoomRLA_Kinsie_MetaProps - Ports over the noisy, glowy, destructible props from MetaDoom. No lamppost will be safe.
  • A FLOPPY DISK FULL OF MIDI FILES - A MIDI music randomizer mod!

I hope you like them! Feel free to give feedback and suggestions on how to make them better! These were entirely selfish endeavours, but having an extra pair of eyes go over them can only help them be better, right?
Last edited by Kinsie on Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
Kinsie
A Concept Utterly Obsolete

Discord: Find Me...
Twitch ID: thekinsie

Re: Kinsie's DRLA Mini-Modlets (20/3/19 initial release)

Postby stagefatality » Wed Mar 20, 2019 9:51 am

Awesome. I always loved the aesthetic changes you put in your mods, and RLA has quickly become my favorite mod for gameplay.

Definitely gonna have to keep these loaded whenever I play it.
stagefatality

Postby wildweasel » Wed Mar 20, 2019 1:06 pm

I find it amusing how many people have their own DRLA sound patches now. Added these to the Standard Load Order, they're nice.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby GAA1992 » Wed Mar 20, 2019 10:43 pm

Small suggestion, if it matters: Lower a little bit (no sarcasm, just a bit really) the glass and wood debris size.
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Postby UAC-Janitor » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:25 am

The websites link is down what happened :o
UAC-Janitor

Postby wildweasel » Mon Mar 25, 2019 12:50 am

UAC-Janitor wrote:The websites link is down what happened :o

Seems to work fine for me. Were you getting an error?
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Gideon020 » Mon Mar 25, 2019 6:50 am

I think to help with framerate issues, any debris from destructibles should be on a faster fade-out timer, but otherwise they all work rather nicely.
Gideon020
Fanboy

Postby UAC-Janitor » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:08 am

"Script error, "doomrla_kinsie_metaprops.pk3:actors/props/tech.dec" line 39:
Sprite names must be exactly 4 characters"

Im getting this error for the Metaprops and FknRip file, what can I do to fix this? Looking at the errors in slade and I notice nothing, perhaps maybe I need to use a new version? (Of GZDoom, running 2.11 and the new RLA mods)
UAC-Janitor

Postby Kinsie » Fri Mar 29, 2019 3:44 am

MetaProps is a quick-n-dirty edit of stuff from MetaDoom, which was designed for newer engine versions.
Kinsie

Postby UAC-Janitor » Fri Mar 29, 2019 4:11 pm

Oh shoot then, What version of GZDoom do you use and play? Im afriad to use a newer engine for the fact that It might break DRLA (Its happened to me a few times where gibbing with a BFG just crashes my game for no reason) I guess the newer version would work much better on GZ 3.1.0?
UAC-Janitor

Postby Kinsie » Mon Apr 01, 2019 6:27 am

Maybe a little cross-promotional, but I've added a link to a MIDI randomizer I updated today that's also part of my increasingly Skyrim-esque DRLA load order.
Kinsie

Postby Triple S » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:02 am

The DRLA Fluff mod seems to break episode selection and forces a MAP01 start from New Game (Doom 1, WADSmoosh paks). PWADs that have custom episode selections are fine, so long as they are loaded after the fluff PK3.

Other than that, these are super nice and are definitely going to be loaded often.
Triple S

Postby wildweasel » Wed Apr 03, 2019 1:11 am

Triple S wrote:The DRLA Fluff mod seems to break episode selection and forces a MAP01 start from New Game (Doom 1, WADSmoosh paks). PWADs that have custom episode selections are fine, so long as they are loaded after the fluff PK3.

Other than that, these are super nice and are definitely going to be loaded often.

I suppose it's a leftover; there's this in the Mapinfo lump:
Code: Select allExpand view
clearepisodes
episode map01
{
   name = "Oblige Me..."
}
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby wildweasel » Sun Apr 07, 2019 5:12 pm

A bug report for the Metaprops file: Flaming barrels simply vanish when shot, with no effects or sounds tied to them.
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby Kinsie » Mon Apr 08, 2019 5:24 am

wildweasel wrote:A bug report for the Metaprops file: Flaming barrels simply vanish when shot, with no effects or sounds tied to them.
Fixed, thanks. New links in the OP.
Kinsie

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods