Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Ultra-Crispy (WIP) 24/05/18 2 new weapons and more!

Postby GAA1992 » Wed May 16, 2018 7:41 pm

Hey guys, this is a new mod i am working on for some months now, and i think it should be released to the public. I really hope you all enjoy it and have fun.

Spoiler: Plot

Spoiler: Brief Instructions

Spoiler: Regarding the choice of weapons

Spoiler: Credits

Spoiler: Videos

Spoiler: Add-ons

Feel free to make add-ons, suggest fresh ideas, point bad stuff, good stuff, but play this to the maximum! I might have not suceeded in emulating the perfeccionism of Blood, but all i want is for people to feel good in this distorted vision i have of Caleb. There's lots of things to do yet, and some are even from the first betas. So, have patience guys =p

Download Link

http://www.mediafire.com/file/4izs870jpt3w64j/Ultra+Crispy.pk3

HAVE FUN!
Last edited by GAA1992 on Wed Jul 04, 2018 1:36 pm, edited 20 times in total.
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Re: Ultra-Crispy (Playable WIP)

Postby AvzinElkein » Wed May 16, 2018 7:53 pm

Dare you to make it compatible with Chex Quest 3! :P
AvzinElkein

Discord: AvzinElkein#8621

Postby insightguy » Wed May 16, 2018 8:54 pm

You are killing it with these mods GAA, keep it up!
insightguy
^HEY! My avatar is up there^
Banned User

Postby TheNightATK300 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:02 pm

So what does focus mean...?
TheNightATK300
Teh person.

Discord: XSlayer300#2323

Postby TheLightBad96 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:06 pm

INSERT 4Chan Pic Here
> Sees mod from Papa GAA
> Hit's download
> Moves mod to mod folder
> Plays it with GZdoom
> Is really Amused with the latest arsenal that Papa GAA has delivered unto us this time
> I'mlovingit.jpg

:wub:

While i'm being serious here, this mod is pretty awesome I mean you nailed it here, I will play it for a while longer before thinking about ideas or something.
TheLightBad96
Let the spriting commence again

Postby twinkieman93 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm

So, I'll probably edit this into a more full post once I've had more time with the mod but one thing I think needs to be addressed right now is that corpse barrels are apparently filled with undiluted liquid lag, because popping one completely locks up my game for several seconds. Popping more than one at a time has completely crashed it. My laptop ain't state of the art or anything but it can handle pretty much anything but the most extreme slaughtermaps fairly well. Think you could tone that effect down a little bit, or have a CVAR for it, or something? Anything? x.x
twinkieman93
The Bullfighter

Postby Wivicer » Wed May 16, 2018 9:28 pm

Watched Term stream this. Thought it was real fuckin neato. Looking forward to playing it!
Wivicer

Postby GAA1992 » Wed May 16, 2018 9:41 pm

AvzinElkein wrote:Dare you to make it compatible with Chex Quest 3! :P

ASAP man, just gimme some time :)

TheNightATK300 wrote:So what does focus mean...?

Focus is the, let's say, "mana" ammo pool in Blood 2. Some weapons, like the "Flayer", "The Orb" or even the "Life Leech" use this. Since i wanted a reason to make the Life Leech share ammo with the Cursed Heart, i found it a nice way to suit the need of a ammo pool.

twinkieman93 wrote:So, I'll probably edit this into a more full post once I've had more time with the mod but one thing I think needs to be addressed right now is that corpse barrels are apparently filled with undiluted liquid lag, because popping one completely locks up my game for several seconds. Popping more than one at a time has completely crashed it. My laptop ain't state of the art or anything but it can handle pretty much anything but the most extreme slaughtermaps fairly well. Think you could tone that effect down a little bit, or have a CVAR for it, or something? Anything? x.x

A CVAR sounds good. It lags a lot here when played with Ketchup. Thanks for noticing! =p

insightguy wrote:You are killing it with these mods GAA, keep it up!

TheLightBad96 wrote:While i'm being serious here, this mod is pretty awesome I mean you nailed it here, I will play it for a while longer before thinking about ideas or something.

Wivicer wrote:Watched Term stream this. Thought it was real fuckin neato. Looking forward to playing it!

Thank you guys!!! Glad to see you like it!
GAA1992
Demons are a disease. Meet the cure.

Postby TheNightATK300 » Wed May 16, 2018 10:07 pm

I think of the same, I like that mod. I haven't played a Blood-Themed mod before really. Besides the mods that uses Blood-based weapons.
TheNightATK300
Teh person.

Discord: XSlayer300#2323

Postby chronoteeth » Wed May 16, 2018 10:53 pm

just a quick thing, I think a lot of the guns could benefit from feeling like they're aiming at the crosshair
chronoteeth
abubub

Postby Captain J » Wed May 16, 2018 10:55 pm

SUPER Crispy! Glad it's finally here and it's been a pleasure to help and support your mod. This mod is so far impressive and great!
Captain J
'OH YE'

Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Postby Zhs2 » Wed May 16, 2018 11:19 pm

I think it's super wonky that you have to click a third time to reload a sawed-off. Blood always did the reload animation automatically following the second shot.

The Berettas don't feel responsive. There's an input delay before the next time you can fire that makes it difficult to achieve a consistent trigger rate, which makes it frustrating to use no matter dual or single.

Is there any special reason why it takes more than twice as long to switch back to single weapons from dual?

Other than those complaints, this is pretty cool. I see where the inspiration from Blood 2 came from, mainly what CT said (although it isn't that hard to kill things you're aiming at!)
Zhs2
Power of three.

Location: Maryland, USA, but probably also in someone's mod somewhere

Postby Dude27th » Wed May 16, 2018 11:40 pm

Neat
Dude27th
N I C E

Discord: Dude27th#5480

Postby namsan » Thu May 17, 2018 12:30 am

Very nice mod!
Weapons are very fun to use, and they look good.

I don't know why did you place Dynamites to slot 0, though.
It's a rather weird choice.
namsan
Loves English but hates Revenants

Discord: Namsan#8146

Postby Dude27th » Thu May 17, 2018 1:37 am

GAA1992 wrote:
Spoiler: Credits

Yeah but , at least judging by the screenshots , it looks like you used the same concept with THAT jacket and THAT hat , which I used previously on my Bloody Hands mod. :?

What about "Concept loosely based on:"
or "The idea of jacket + hat comes from ..." something like that ??
Dude27th
N I C E

Discord: Dude27th#5480

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods