Hey guys, me here. In this thread, i would like to present a very simple and experimental mod.
The name comes from the expression that refers to somebody that does (or at least think that does) many kinds of jobs. This mod uses lots of ideas and gameplay factors that i wanted to add in other mods, but turned down before the time.
Spoiler: HOW TO PLAY AND WHAT YOU SHOULD KNOW, PLEASE READ ME:
0 - Not only this is compatible with Doom II/Doom 1, but also with Heretic, Chex Quest, HACX 2.0 and Hexen!
1 - Weapons work on a durability system. You shoot them, they go bang and have a chance of losing durability. After some time, they lose accuracy, damage and may jam. They don't lose ammo when jamming, and DON'T explode on your face, as i find this very "anti-game". Weapons in perfect shape (dark blue) DON'T jam. And to compensate for the loss, they're much more accurate and stronger than their vanilla counterparts.
1.1 - To know how bad your weapons are:
To fix them, find the corresponding repair items to the weapon slot and USE THEM ON YOUR INVENTORY. You don't need to be equipping the said weapon to use the item and fix it. If you can't see the weapon stats, adjust your HUD!
- Dark Blue - Your weapon is in perfect condition. As mentioned before, it won't jam while in this color.
- Light Blue - Barely anything has changed, but now your weapon might be subject to a very low jamming chance on each shot.
- Green - This is where some weapons start losing damage and accuracy. The jamming chance increases slightly.
- Yellow - Caution. Now the weapon is subject to a bigger jamming chance, as well as some more damage loss, or even accuracy. if you are a cautelous player, you'd like to repair your weapon as of now.
- Orange - Watch out! The weapon will jam a lot, and even more damage is lost on some weapons. This is where the Calico starts jamming. Better have a repair kit somewhere, or you'll have a bad time.
- Red - As in a red alert, the weapon is pretty much on it's last breath. If you can't repair your weapon during this state, It is highly recommended to use another weapon or rely on your machete until you can find a repair kit or a safe spot to use your spare ones.
- Black with a skull - The weapon is broken. It can't fire, but you can still use your altfires or reload. Repair it immediately, or use another weapon.
2 - Not only spare parts are inventory items. Pretty much A LOT of items are. Except for some health powerups, stimpacks and health/armor bonuses, you must USE medikits AND powerups. It's not that hard, just bind an Enter to it. Some items can be changed in the "Extra" menu!
3 - You can only carry 2 spare parts of each weapon. Use wisely! (Only one in Arrange Mode)
4 - The weapons are kinda different from vanilla and might not respect their order. Here they go:
*If Arrange Mode is being played, the parts will spawn under cellpack spots with a low chance.
- [Slot 1] Machete
A long, shiny and sharp blade. Has a fair range and damage, which makes it good for hit-and-run situations. This is supposed to be your last resort of survival, but, at least you can throw grenades with it's altfire. It is faster when it's selected alone.
- [Slot 2] Beretta 92FS
A pistol with great precision, and medium durability. It's real downside relies on the DPS it has. But even then, it is stronger than the Calico, has a better durability than the SPAS and has a accuracy half the vanilla value when in perfect shape. Learn to know when to use it and you'll save ammo and keep your game going on.
- [Slot 3] Franchi SPAS-12
Shotguns are usually made to be trusty partners in videogames, and it isn't different around here. The shotgun packs a big punch and may be enough to defeat most of the mid-to-strong enemies. The downside of having this nice weapon is, of course, it's durability. Try to alternate back and forth between weapons and your shotgun won't leave you too soon!
- [Slot 4] Calico M950
The chaingun replacement has many benefits. It goes bang faster than most, and takes baddies down with ease. Keeping this beauty clean will make sure you'll always have something to stunlock monsters around. Has a good durability and takes long to jam.
- [Slot 5] Hand Grenades
Those little guys might not look a big deal, but they are your best friends. Grenades can be thrown in two ways: With the "Altfire" button (if it is selected using your "Zoom" button), or selected on slot 8. They have a limit of 20/40 (with the backpack) units. You'll find them around very easily, so, don't be afraid to use them and combine with your weapon of choice.
- [Slot 5] Springfield M79
The old "Thumper" is here to lend you a hand, since the grenades can't be really the only explosive thing you can trust. The M79 launches a projectile which is bigger, faster and stronger than the usual grenades. It doesn't bounce walls and explodes on a wider area. So be careful and avoid using this in tight spaces, unless you're covered. Use the grenade altfire, instead.
- [Slot 6] Winchester P94
All mods should have a overpowered ultra-futuristic weapon which makes stages a stroll in the park. Well, here we are. The plasma cannon will destroy your enemies with no sweat, and can be easily used on boss battles. The downsides? It has to reload, eats ammo fast, and after some time it has a cooldown which might get you in trouble when cornered in tight spaces. Be careful: When on its last stages of durability, the Plasma Cannon consumes TWICE the ammo, so yeah, keep it clean, right?
THIS WEAPON IS NOT AVAIABLE ON ARRANGE MODE.
- [Slot 7] Colt M4A1
The M4A1 is the jack-of-all-trades of the game. It has damage, accuracy, trust and control. Ammo and repair parts are often found in shotgun* spots, but if you manage to keep this one in your inventory, it'll be a life saver.
*If Arrange Mode is being played, the parts will spawn under common cell spots with a low chance.
- [Slot 8] Daewoo K3 Paratrooper
To make room for a partner to the Colt M4A1, here's the day savior! The Daewoo is stronger than the M4A1 and fast as the M950, everything you wanted! However... it should have its downpoints right? It has low durability points, has a really bad accuracy and, due to the fact it carries 120 bullets on the box, reloading it may be somewhat your lost chance on using the M4 a little bit more and guarantee your game.
5 - IT IS possible to kill the Icon of Sin with the grenades and the M79.
6 - It is possible to toggle between altfires using your "Zoom" key! The options are the Machete and the Hand Grenades. This can be very useful for saving ammo.
7 - The game can sound better if you turn "Randomize Pitches" in your sound options on!
8 - When playing Factotum with Hexen, please select the "Bringest Them Oneth" difficulty for a more accessible and lighter gameplay!
The Zombie Killer
If i remember more, i'll edit this.
Spoiler: Add-onsDOWNLOAD LINK:
Our great comrade CaptainJ brought us a nifty patch to get your gameplay right down on the realism! Sounds are very high-quality and add a lot the the seriousness. Try this out and you won't regret!
CaptainJ sound patch
Two great add-ons by potetobloke! Many sounds for weapons which i recall hearing in Half Life 2 and Max Payne 2! The other is a patch which replaces explosion sprites with some more convincing ones from Strife itself. Download these for maximum fun!
Grenade Launcher Explosion Sprites Patch
(OUTDATED, MAY PRESENT PROBLEMS - GAA1992)
This little add-on over here is a Sound patch that throws Resident Evil 4 and some few sounds from Uncharted 2 (one of them even mixed from both) for a linear and nice sounding gameplay! Hope you have fun in this one!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/4loih3wqd ... m.pk3/file
Factotum: Arrange Mode
You think Factotum is kinda easy yet? Let me present you a different take on this game, then.
No Plasma Cannon to save you. Weapon parts are harder to drop. 5.56mm weapons spawn in Plasma Rifle and BFG9000 spots. Ammo is harder to get. Repair kits are scarcer. Think you can handle it?
The ultimate sadistic experience with Factotum. Thought Arrange Mode was hard? Try this one. Have fun!
Spoiler: Factotum Survival ChangelogDOWNLOAD
- New HUD which occupies less space (and showcases weapon states individually instead of all weapons)
- Weapon repair parts are universal, and spawn in Blursphere places
- Armors give half their original points, but have the same protection percentage (50%)
- SPAS-12 reloading animation is slower and smoother
- Player moves a little bit slower
- Medikit (not stimpacks) heal pretty much in the same way as in SoldierZ: a little bit over 5 seconds.
- Movement crippling under 10HP;
- Like in "Arrange" version, the plasma rifle is out and .556 weapons (M4A1 and K3) replace cell-based weapons.
- New sprites for machete (a durability for it is planned)
- New sprites for stimpack
- Some new item descriptions
- Berserk replacer heals only 50HP
- "Overhealth" healing item is out
- Ammo limits were DRASTICALLY lowered.
- Berserk, medikit and stimpack replaceers can be toggled on options to be either carried on inventory or activated instantly.
- shotgun doesn't fire automatically
- medikits capacity in general reduced
- Added some language definitions