Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Kriegsland : Blutorden 2.4 (Z-Surprise page 40!)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Hello ladies and gentlemen, and welcome to my 4th project, Kriegsland! Download link at the end of the post.

Spoiler: What is Kriegsland?
Spoiler: Why should i play this?
Spoiler: Credits list
Spoiler: Add-ons and maps
Spoiler: Videos
Download Link

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1UGDdRJ ... sp=sharing

I really like (constructive) feedback, and suggestions. This means you're welcome to give them!

As another side note, you are very welcome to make add-ons for the mod! I can't promise that every contribution will be an official thing, though. I must respect all tastes.

So, as always, have fun and GET PSYCHED!!!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:49 pm, edited 145 times in total.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Re: (BETA) Kriegland : Blutig Ordnung

Post by wildweasel »

First thing I notice upon trying the mod is that the MissileHeight for your enemy bullet tracers isn't set correctly, so the trails are appearing below the actual bullets.

[edit] Also it very much feels like enemies take way too much damage and don't flinch easily from things like shotgun blasts.
VladTopol1706

Post by VladTopol1706 »

Yeah i noticed that too
Also it is intentional that enemy tracers fly so slow?
Also the Mauser pistol, the STG and the MP dissapear after shooting, this could be fixed if you instead using TNT1 A 0 use the sprite names and 0 tics (i also got these problems on other mods i was working)
EDIT: What is that map?
Last edited by VladTopol1706 on Mon Jun 26, 2017 11:11 pm, edited 1 time in total.
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

why is the pistol sound entirely in my left ear
also the shotgun
the ssg is very quiet
your bullet trails are way below the bullet projectile (protip: missileheight 8)
the mp40 bullet belt doesn't move when firing
flamethrower firing sound keeps playing when you run out of ammo
console gets spammed full of 'no ammo'
the guns are very inaccurate and shells are hard to come by
high cal bullets are abundant, but no gun that uses them is in sight
the lightning gun sprite shoots way below the crosshair
enemies drop 4X more stuff when flamethrowered
the bfg shoots above the crosshair
there's some animation inconsistencies between single and dual wielding
the recoil happens after shooting with all the weapons, more obvious with others (shotgun and explosive rifle)
left grenade launchers shoots downwards (also how are these going to be used against IoS?)
grenades are finnicky to use, they throw downwards and to the left (why???)
enemy bullet speeds vary massively between enemies and they all behave like chaingunners, firing constantly
i tried to pistol start map14 and couldn't get out the first area and kept running out of ammo on anything but the easiest difficulty
Doomenator

Post by Doomenator »

I already spoke about this.
You need to pay more attention for the sound and convert all sounds to one format. I hope not to have to explain why stereo sound in the left channel?
In addition, stereo and mono sounds have different loudness at 0dB level. There's also a difference in the sound on different ports.
Similar problems exist on 80%(maybe more) of the mods.
Expect No Mercy

Post by Expect No Mercy »

Sorry if I correct you, but in proper german its "Kriegsland : Blutige Ordnung" ;)
Looking forward to this.
Bofubutt

Post by Bofubutt »

Expect No Mercy wrote:Sorry if I correct you, but in proper german its "Kriegsland : Blutige Ordnung" ;)
Looking forward to this.
You're correct, but one minor nitpick: that's "bloody order." I'd recommend "die Blutordnung" ("the blood order"; I've actually seen this written in German before). The thing about German is that you can string a bunch of nouns together without modifying them and make one big mega-noun. Take, for instance, der Bezirksschornsteinfegermeister, which means "district chimney sweep" and is basically all three of those words glued together.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Whew!!!

First of all, thank you kindly for those feedback posts! It's good to see it.
Second, i actually couldn't reproduce some bugs, but i will double-check my code again, even if i had done it before.
Third, let's just answer some questions:
Also it is intentional that enemy tracers fly so slow?
What is that map?
The map is Warwick, i don't remember where i have downloaded it, but i bet it was doomworld. The thing is that it has custom classes and stuff, and i had to delete them in order to play with Kriegsland weapons.

About tracers, actually yes, but at the same time, i am not satisfied with them after some gameplay time... which also leads to this:
enemy bullet speeds vary massively between enemies
So i already thought on something, i just need to see if it'll work out.
how are these going to be used against IoS?
The Bonbenschuss and the Puls-Kanone can actually kill the icon of sin too.
they throw downwards and to the left (why???)
They were from Flakes Doom, and Flakes Doom had centered stuff. That's why they probably look weird. I barely changed the code.
animation inconsistencies between single and dual wielding
I've intentionally reduced the ticks timing on weapons to make it worth the dual wielding, and the machinegun bolts are intentionally missing a frame too. But if you're talking of offsets or anything else, i would really like to know this more specifically. :)
About the mod name from Expect No Mercy and Bofubutt
Sincerely, I don't really know which one is better. Blutorndung is really cool too. I'll think about something.

So, many many many thanks again to you guys, keep them comments coming!
Jeimuzu73

Post by Jeimuzu73 »

Speaking of long German names, I used to think the FMG from the Trailblazer stood for Fallschirmjägermaschinengewehr or "paratrooper machine gun". Maybe it was the side-mounted mag and scope that made it look like such.

But anyways, this mod is great but needs more work. Enemies should probably drop their weapons all the time because I have all these other ammo types that never get used. Also, why is the single Luger semi-automatic but the dual Lugers fully automatic? And what's the difference between them and the Mausers?
skyrish10
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 7

Post by skyrish10 »

Jeimuzu73 wrote: Also, why is the single Luger semi-automatic but the dual Lugers fully automatic? And what's the difference between them and the Mausers?
Dual Lugers do fully automatic to prevent tapping, the Mauser is the mod's only machine pistol anyway

the only missing for the mod is the Automatic Shotgun (Wolf TNO has already one of it)

Also will you do add the Allied weapons?
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Skyrish10 is right, i didn't wanted the player to be obligated to mash buttons in order to fire with a so weak weapon as the dual lugers. While the Single Luger would be boring to shoot if on automatic mode. Hold the trigger and walk 'til you get the MP40.

BUT, Jeimuzu73 is also right when he asks the difference between the pistols. Once you get the dual MP40's, the game is basically on you. There's no 9mm dual weapon better.

So, what if i reduced the mauser/dual mausers spread and made them use the High Caliber Ammo? I know it actually uses ‎7,63 mm, but this is just a representation of some sorts, the low caliber doesn't really need to be a 9mm as well. Also, High Caliber ammo is present on many drops, it shouldn't be hard to find...

Anyway, those are just thoughts.

EDIT: About Allied weapons, not at the present moment. But i do plan an add-on with non-futuristic weapons. Maybe something slightly outta the right timeline, like the SKS, but it's not complete yet.

EDIT II:
this mod is great but needs more work
Sir yes sir! Thanks a lot, i'll work hard on it!
RikohZX

Post by RikohZX »

Honestly, the Mausers, STGs and MPs make the rapid fires feel somewhat redundant, especially since the Mausers and MPs share ammo with the Lugers which have a slower pace but can be dual-wielded to do the same. Even if the Mausers were changed in ammo type, that's still three-and-a-half rapid fire weapons that mostly function the same. Also, I noticed that for some reason both Low and High Caliber ammo pickups only gave half of what the messages say, which makes it easy to run out of ammo amidst enemy jamborees if they don't frequently drop their much more ammo-sufficient weapon pickups.
erni945

Post by erni945 »

Very nice and interesting mod, which I was waiting for but I have one suggestion, could you add to the list of opponents zombies or mutants and would you fix the fall of the speed of the game when flying bullets?
Black Rock Shooter

Post by Black Rock Shooter »

You've made some serious improvements since the first version, GAA. Since most of the issues I found have been already reported, I'll just say that you're on the right direction. Keep it up and I wish you good luck!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

RikohZX wrote:Honestly, the Mausers, STGs and MPs make the rapid fires feel somewhat redundant, especially since the Mausers and MPs share ammo with the Lugers which have a slower pace but can be dual-wielded to do the same. Even if the Mausers were changed in ammo type, that's still three-and-a-half rapid fire weapons that mostly function the same. Also, I noticed that for some reason both Low and High Caliber ammo pickups only gave half of what the messages say, which makes it easy to run out of ammo amidst enemy jamborees if they don't frequently drop their much more ammo-sufficient weapon pickups.
Hmmmm. Yeah, it'll be kinda hard to make each weapon distinct. The only way i can think of something is, making single weapons with tighter spread (since most of them you're holding with both hands, except for the luger), and giving bigger pitch changes and wider spreads for akimbos. And about ammo giving half of the needed, that's something i left aside and forgot to fix. I also forgot that enemy drops make everything come down to half. I'll try a way to round that.
erni945 wrote:Very nice and interesting mod, which I was waiting for but I have one suggestion, could you add to the list of opponents zombies or mutants and would you fix the fall of the speed of the game when flying bullets?
The cast is getting bigger and bigger, so i think i'll give a detailed list once we're on the 1.0 release. About slowdowns, well, there's not a lot i can do, but there are some options that can disable casings and smoke. That should give a boost on the performance.
Black Rock Shooter wrote:You've made some serious improvements since the first version, GAA. Since most of the issues I found have been already reported, I'll just say that you're on the right direction. Keep it up and I wish you good luck!
Thanks man! If you could see the size of the feedback list... :lol:

I have work for days. I just can't announce anything because i am getting very tired from work on those last days.

Probably i'll have more time to work this on the weekend. And i hope i can solve most of those issues.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”