Nuclear Barrels! (Environmental Explosives EXTREME)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Nuclear Barrels! (Environmental Explosives EXTREME)

Postby Spaceman333 » Sun Jun 11, 2017 3:06 pm

(Thanks to PillowBlaster for letting me release this mod, it uses assets from Russian Overkill)

Image=NUCLEAR BARRELS=Image
Putting the "NUKE" back into Nukage Barrels!

This mod is a universal addon that replaces all explosive barrels with 3 different nuclear ones:
  • Regular Green MiniNukeBarrel
  • Rare Purple MegaNukeBarrel
  • Super Rare Yellow GigaNukeBarrel
Green ones do small but potent bang, purple ones will wipe out anything that has a direct line of sight to its blast, meanwhile yellow ones... your only defence is to run as far away as possible from them in order to survive their apocalyptic power. The yellow one will vaporize anything hiding behind walls within the blast radius.

Keep an eye for their pulsing glow, as it can save your life! The barrels are also a bit more tougher the bigger they are, as well as having a delay before detonation, so use these traits to your advantage to hide from the blast or escape far away before they go off!

I felt the regular barrels in doom were underwhelming, so I made this mod to add more excitement to my game.

DOWNLOAD:
http://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/addo ... earbarrels

CREDITS:
Huge thanks and credits go to PillowBlaster. 99.999% of the mod is his work adopted from Russian Overkill, while I only made the new barrel sprites and duct taped some decorate to make this happen. Also thanks to Lippeth for Weapons Of Saturn, I used the barrels and the code as a base for this mod.

Enjoy!

Spaceman333

Return to Gameplay Mods