[TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b (updated 8 jan 2017)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
GreenLegacy

[TPS]BlackWarrior Alpha0.17b (updated 8 jan 2017)

Post by GreenLegacy »

Before introducing this mod, you must recognize that this mod has to be played through GZDOOM which uses OPENGL. of course, you have to use the most recent version.

<<<DOWNLOAD BLACKWARRIOR ALPHA 0.17b(Uploaded From MEGA)>>>
https://mega.nz/#!v1Y3mQLS!xzx34k2l53YK ... P2Cf4tXpzI

CHANGELOG
Spoiler:

I have wanted to show a new playing style different from other Doom mods. my aim is to develop the third person viewing mod like Deadspace or Gears of war of which another called class is TPS game.

[Game play]

rolling, sliding , special skills and slow motion will be supported for a way of a new playing style and these funny functions will enable you to kill enemies, as you will be able to be constantly avoiding enemie's bullets

moreover, all of these actions will be shown through third person viewing !

not only you can fight enemies but also sometimes you can infiltrate enemies camp.

but the number of the weapons which can be used for this strategy is only two so I am sorry for this restrictively extended playing style. ex) a gun with a silencer and a blade
this part will be continuously developed.

[Gameplay videos]
Spoiler: Gzdoom Mod Black Warrior Test video
Spoiler: BlackWarrior Mod + Reshade(Betterdoom V1.2)+ Hell on Earth Starterpack Gameplay

[Story]

background is not earth. the protagonist of this mod is also not an earthian!

the protagonist's native place is Trinity planet and the whole story line of this mod tells us that he starts his journey for retaking his homeland occupied by the race of which name is darknebular

the story of season 1 is not completely constructed. construction is ongoing, 70%.

the mod of the present version, at least arcade mod, is not related with the story. play with no serious idea.
Spoiler: Blackwarrior VS DarkNebulars
[Extra Stage]

there are Blackwarrior's own additional stages! there is map 30 and if you clear map 30, you will be able to play map 999!
Spoiler: Black Warrior GamePlay (Arcade Mode MAP30 Bossfight)
[ This mod is just an alpha version!]
as I am developing this mod only on my own, there may be several things to be improved.

therefore, there are bugs to be fixed. improving this mod has to be constantly progressed. if players send me these things, I will improve them according to their requirements in my best(especially bugs)

below are my email, Tumblr blog and youtube. thankyou for your interests!

Email: nateddmp@gmail.com
Tumblr: http://greenlegacy.tumblr.com/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3WEyi ... aFt9G1DgTw

[Some important matters about copyright]

some of music contained in my mod are not created by myself so I specified the source of them in the game credits in my mod.

updating this mod, all of the sounds used in this mod will be completed changed to sounds created by only myself(in this moment changing was almost completed)

moreover, sound effects are created by myself and sprites and graphics used in this game are drawn by myself.

when the version of this mod is upgraded to 0.5, almost all of these parts will be completed

if you want to use the contents I had created, under specifing the creator of them, you can use them as much as you like!
Spoiler: Black Warrior MOD OST- The Fallen Army
[Last words]

in this moment, the version of my mod is 0.16 yet. although there are some shortages, I will do my best in developing this mod. the process of development will be posted in tumblr and youtube and enhancement will be constantly worked in these places.

ah! if you are interested in developing mods, please contact me through below contact informations!

Email: nateddmp@gmail.com
Tumblr: http://greenlegacy.tumblr.com/
Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UC3WEyi ... aFt9G1DgTw

please enjoy my mods! :)
Last edited by GreenLegacy on Sun Mar 12, 2017 3:23 am, edited 19 times in total.
TerminusEst13

Re: [TPS][WIP]BlackWarrior Alpha 0.16 Released

Post by TerminusEst13 »

OH HELL YES.
Nems
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Nems »

TerminusEst13 wrote:OH HELL YES.
This.

I've been following this mod since I saw gameplay footage of it on YouTube and I'm a huge fan of it. I'm happy to see it finally make its way to the ZDoom forums. :D
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

That's what uncle term and i said! :laff:

Anyway great going, my friend! Glad it's finally here in public. Can't wait to see more of your works of wonders!
JimpArgon

Post by JimpArgon »

This was really cool and a nice surprise for me today. Nice release!
Gideon020

Post by Gideon020 »

Not sure about the position of the third-person sprite, but looking good overall.
Hetdegon

Post by Hetdegon »

This is actually really cool, although I noticed a few issues, both with the supplied exe+config and with my own gzdoom (very latest version compiled from git) install:

- I can't seem to pick up certain weapons, mostly shotgun-types and the sniper rifles, but I can cheat them in and they work. Is this intentional or an oversight?
- I can't seem to be able to interact with the large tubes that I assume are shops. Is this not implemented yet or a bug?
- Story mode does the *pretty cool* intro, but music stops right at the start and then it just stays static after the skull zooms out. Is this because it's not complete yet?
- The player sprites are really cool, but they are really jittery, which is a bit distracting. This seems to be more of a limitation of the engine than a bug, though. But if there's anything that can be done about it, it'll really improve the presentation.
- What triggers slow-motion mode exactly? I seem to get it to happen completely at random. It's cool as it gets, but I feel I don't get any control over it. (Not talking about the slo-mo slide, but during firefights)
- Since there doesn't seem to be a reloading animation yet, it'd be nice to have some sort of interface clue when a weapon is unable to fire, like coloring the weapon icon in red or something.

Other than those rough edges, this seems to be really promising and cool. Movement feels really good with the dashing and sliding, the visual presentation is really cool and fancy, the side switching for the player sprite actually works pretty well most of the time without having to change it manually, the special effects and sound effects are pretty good, and less importantly but still nice is the main menu replacement. Overall, it's pure action flick stuff and I really like it.
I look forward to seeing how this evolves. Great work so far.
GreenLegacy

Post by GreenLegacy »

Hetdegon wrote: - I can't seem to pick up certain weapons, mostly shotgun-types and the sniper rifles, but I can cheat them in and they work. Is this intentional or an oversight?
- I can't seem to be able to interact with the large tubes that I assume are shops. Is this not implemented yet or a bug?
- Story mode does the *pretty cool* intro, but music stops right at the start and then it just stays static after the skull zooms out. Is this because it's not complete yet?
- The player sprites are really cool, but they are really jittery, which is a bit distracting. This seems to be more of a limitation of the engine than a bug, though. But if there's anything that can be done about it, it'll really improve the presentation.
- What triggers slow-motion mode exactly? I seem to get it to happen completely at random. It's cool as it gets, but I feel I don't get any control over it. (Not talking about the slo-mo slide, but during firefights)
- Since there doesn't seem to be a reloading animation yet, it'd be nice to have some sort of interface clue when a weapon is unable to fire, like coloring the weapon icon in red or something.
1.Way to pickup the item or interact with something just press the "use" key it will work.
2. It's the same way press the "use" key
3.That intro map is just a test map for cutscene so that's the reason why you can't do anything.
4. Jittery issue...it's really annoying to me actually..
So im gonna change my player code to 'Quake 3-style multi-part player' code someday.(A_Warp funtion can solve jittery issue)
5. Slomo is randomly cause when you hit the enemy successfully
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

The jittering goes away if you enable CL_CapFPS from the console. It's an unfortunate side-effect of the camera interpolation.
Hetdegon

Post by Hetdegon »

GreenLegacy wrote: 1.Way to pickup the item or interact with something just press the "use" key it will work.
2. It's the same way press the "use" key
3.That intro map is just a test map for cutscene so that's the reason why you can't do anything.
4. Jittery issue...it's really annoying to me actually..
So im gonna change my player code to 'Quake 3-style multi-part player' code someday.(A_Warp funtion can solve jittery issue)
5. Slomo is randomly cause when you hit the enemy successfully
1. Yeah, I was able to pick up other weapons (and the interface tells you when you can "press use to loot", so it's hard to miss, really) although those weapons I can't pick up say "press use to " instead.
2. I tried, but nothing happens at all. I try when they are fully opened.
3. Gotcha.
4. I'll try what Weasel suggested and see if it helps until then.
5. Oh I see, good to know!
The Zombie Killer

Post by The Zombie Killer »

YES. I've been waiting for this to get posted!

You'll need to use WARPF_COPYINTERPOLATION with the player being the actor to teleport to in order to solve the jittering. You may need to play around with putting the player's velocity in the x/y offset arguments too.
If you get it right, you'll get something nice and smooth like this: http://webmshare.com/qD5W0
comet1337

Post by comet1337 »

ooh, an official ZDF thread

fancy character sprite work. the flips, the rolls, the dives
this is some serious gun-fu

and the gun sounds are absolute sex
explosive semi-auto magnum pistol
IN EACH HAND!
Gamer With Dignity

Post by Gamer With Dignity »

When this is TerminusEst's reaction to a mod you know it's going to be good.
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Post by Captain J »

Of course he guarantees because he played the previous version of this mod! Also i guarantee this mod as well, since i knew this mod many years ago!
Overlord

Post by Overlord »

can u change those zombies 4 melee marines?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”