[HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

[HDest] The ZikShadow's HDest Addons Section

Postby ZikShadow » Sat Aug 20, 2016 12:15 am

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:

Spoiler:
Last edited by ZikShadow on Mon Nov 11, 2019 2:28 pm, edited 77 times in total.
ZikShadow

Re: [HD] A Simple Replacement Addon

Postby CyborgParrot » Tue Aug 23, 2016 12:57 am

They look really lovely
CyborgParrot

Postby WinterSlave » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:04 pm

My personal opinion is that the sights need to be changed up a bit. They're a little thick. Punching shit for some reason sometimes makes the sound of a gun. Otherwise, hey.
This is officially on my Hideous Destructor load list. The shotgun, pistol, and rifles sound amazing. The thunder buster--oh my god, is it ever so satisfying to use! All of the sounds are beefy and very satisfying to hear.
WinterSlave

Postby ZikShadow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 4:55 pm

WinterSlave wrote:My personal opinion is that the sights need to be changed up a bit. They're a little thick. Punching shit for some reason sometimes makes the sound of a gun. Otherwise, hey.
This is officially on my Hideous Destructor load list. The shotgun, pistol, and rifles sound amazing. The thunder buster--oh my god, is it ever so satisfying to use! All of the sounds are beefy and very satisfying to hear.

- Tried losing the glow on the normal rifle sight, how's this?
https://www.mediafire.com/?onfgb6es7ntm2q8

- The punching sounds sometimes can get covered up by the hitting sounds (which is basically gun ricochet noises), i don't know how i can change that, yet.
ZikShadow

Postby WinterSlave » Tue Aug 23, 2016 5:37 pm

I just realized I wasn't being exact on sights, but wow. Yah got what I meant; The Cased Rifle and Caseless rifles. Seems like they're the only ones you changed.
That is really, really nice! The remove of the glow helps a lot. If you do want the glow, all I can think is making the crosshair center a little smaller, then adding the glow-look.
WinterSlave

Postby ZikShadow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 6:42 pm

WinterSlave wrote:I just realized I wasn't being exact on sights, but wow. Yah got what I meant; The Cased Rifle and Caseless rifles. Seems like they're the only ones you changed.
That is really, really nice! The remove of the glow helps a lot. If you do want the glow, all I can think is making the crosshair center a little smaller, then adding the glow-look.

It's literally the smallest, hence why i decided to straight out remove the glow.
ZikShadow

Postby Doomguy5th » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:16 pm

Pretty sure that BFG was made by Quaker540, not pa1nki113r (well, the edits were, I think).
Doomguy5th

Postby ZikShadow » Tue Aug 23, 2016 7:24 pm

Doomguy5th wrote:Pretty sure that BFG was made by Quaker540, not pa1nki113r (well, the edits were, I think).

Is it now?
Well, if so then i'll update the credits at once.

EDIT :
Done.
ZikShadow

Postby mumblemumble » Wed Aug 24, 2016 5:38 am

Neat mod! I like much of this, though a few gripes.

The blooper recoil frame is weird, it tilts when we fire, and it makes no sense. I would change this.

One of the SSG reload sprites is gone.

the shotgun sprite is very strange, because the bandolier is on the opposite side of what it should be on its pickup sprite. This can be fixed by reversing the pickup sprite. The chamber also looks a bit odd, with a shell in it visible. This could be modded out, but this is a very minor gripe. i also agree a visible bandolier when held is actually a bad idea.

I would raise the RL on the liberator up 1 pixel, so it looks like it is actually on the picanti rails, and not just hovering there. Moving the trigger (of gl) down one pixel, and magazine back 1 pixel would also help

Given the ancient context of the liberator, perhaps having UAC removed might be a good idea. Its supposed to be an outdated rifle which is very effective, but from an old era, which I presume is pre-uac.

the fact that bouncing 9mm brass is louder than the larger 7.62 brass bothers me.

The TB sound for primary fire is a bit long of a clip for how rapidly it plays. Maybe consider cutting it in half, and using the first half only? also the sound for the battery being fully drained is strangely loud... Other than that, hot DAMN this gun is sexy :shock:

both libby, and smg could use magazines looking consistient. smg has no mag on sprite.
Last edited by mumblemumble on Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby Someone64 » Wed Aug 24, 2016 6:22 am

Love the sprite and sound replacements. The guns feel really great to use.

Not fond of how the shotgun always has 4 shells on the sprite, though. Specially wouldn't make sense if you have no shells in your inventory at all.
Someone64

Postby ZikShadow » Wed Aug 24, 2016 12:55 pm

mumblemumble wrote:Neat mod! I like much of this, though a few gripes.

The blooper recoil frame is weird, it tilts when we fire, and it makes no sense. I would change this.

One of the SSG reload sprites is gone.

the shotgun sprite is very strange, because the bandolier is on the opposite side of what it should be on its pickup sprite. This can be fixed by reversing the pickup sprite. The chamber also looks a bit odd, with a shell in it visible. This could be modded out, but this is a very minor gripe.

I would raise the RL on the liberator up 1 pixel, so it looks like it is actually on the picanti rails, and not just hovering there. Moving the trigger (of gl) down one pixel, and magazine back 1 pixel would also help

Given the ancient context of the liberator, perhaps having UAC removed might be a good idea. Its supposed to be an outdated rifle which is very effective, but from an old era, which I presume is pre-uac.

the fact that bouncing 9mm brass is louder than the larger 7.62 brass bothers me.

The TB sound for primary fire is a bit long of a clip for how rapidly it plays. Maybe consider cutting it in half, and using the first half only? also the sound for the battery being fully drained is strangely loud... Other than that, hot DAMN this gun is sexy :shock:

both libby, and smg could use magazines looking consistient. smg has no mag on sprite.

1. Hmm, i guess i can change that a bit.
2. Ah yes, forgot to add that one extra frame.
3. The shells on the pickup sprites are removed, though i'm not a good enough graphic artist to remove that shell without screwing over the overall look.
4. Raising the sprite even further would only result in the sprite itself being cutoff at the bottom, it's as far as it'll go unfortunately.
5. Yeah, sure.
6. Whoops. Forgot that the cased rifle shares sounds with the grenade pin thing, amplified.
7. I tried my best to match it to the original's sound length, but i guess cutting it a bit could be finer.
8. Ah yes, almost forgot about the Rifle mag.
Though i do imagine the SMG operates like a P90-ish gun with the mag on the bottom instead of the top, but eh.

Someone64 wrote:Not fond of how the shotgun always has 4 shells on the sprite, though. Specially wouldn't make sense if you have no shells in your inventory at all.

Welp, like i said, nothin' i could do about it.
ZikShadow

Postby shotfan » Wed Aug 24, 2016 1:34 pm

Someone64 wrote:Love the sprite and sound replacements. The guns feel really great to use.

Not fond of how the shotgun always has 4 shells on the sprite, though. Specially wouldn't make sense if you have no shells in your inventory at all.

Just pretend they are empty (already fired) :wink:
shotfan
Waiting for Taggart

Discord: #6872

Postby mumblemumble » Wed Aug 24, 2016 2:39 pm

I think you misunderstood me about the libby GL : I mean the pickup sprite. The GL seems to be like, glued onto the barrel, rather than attatched on a rail system, and it doesn't seem like its actually ON it. I was suggesting you could take the GL pixels, and raise it up 1, so its ontop of the gun slightly, looking like its slid onto the rail system underneath, compared to the non GL version.

Also, besides the echo after the shot on the 4.26 round, I think swapping it with the 9mm might be better. 9mm is much quieter in this mod mechanically, fading with range, and being more a stealthy weapon, so a weapon with a definitive CRACK like the 9mm sound, would be better for the rifle which can be heard a mile out. Only issue is why the softer sound, on a more quite bang echos, but the louder crack doesn't, but I imagine this could be changed with an audio editor if you wanted. OR just pump the volume up on the 426 round sound, its a bit quiet comparatively
mumblemumble
King of typos

Postby ZikShadow » Wed Aug 24, 2016 3:43 pm

Oh, yeah, sorry, i thought you were talking about the GL crosshair.
Anyway, made it closer up.

Hmm...
I guess i could try using a different sound for the pistol/rifle.
How's this?
ZikShadow

Postby mumblemumble » Wed Aug 24, 2016 11:01 pm

MMMN man, that swap is VERY good, the minigun has that perfect BRRRRRT sound when on high speed, its astounding! the new 556 is just amazing

At this point im very happy with the sounds, just a few sprite tweaks and it should be perfect
mumblemumble
King of typos

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods