Doom Delta v2.0 BETA TEST!

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Postby DrPyspy » Sat May 28, 2016 12:44 am

Doom Delta is a mod for ZDoom and GZDoom that aims to bring many elements from the pre-release iterations of Doom, including Doom 0.3-0.5, the press release beta, the rare VHS footage, and the Doom Bible. Elements such as the helmet HUD from early alphas, enemy designs, separate classes, and unique weapons return.

OP to be fully updated at official 2.0 release!

• Four different characters inspired by the Doom Bible
  • Fully functional helmet HUD with minimap
  • Weapons such as the Rifle, the Dark Claw, and the Unmaker
  • Score system with treasure pickups and awards for kills
  • New intermission screen to keep track of score
  • Authentic sound design

Rifle Image
The rifle featured prominently in the alpha. Functions similarly to the pistol, with higher starting ammo and a faster fire rate.

Bayonet Image
A bayonet attachment for the rifle, identical to the fists. Makes a delicious sound when it meets flesh! Makes a much less satisfying sound when it meets wall.

Shotgun Image
The shotgun from the alpha builds returns, refurbished to match the other weapons. Functions identically to the retail shotgun.

Super Shotgun Image
The super shotgun borrows its appearance from the unfinished pump-action SSG sprites. Due to balance reasons, the retail reload animation is kept.

Chaingun Image
The chaingun trades it's front barrels for an explosive new muzzleflash! Feels pretty nice.

Rocket Launcher Image
Essentially untouched. Nothing to note here.

Plasma Rifle Image
Fires alternating green and red plasma shots, inspired by the Doom press release demo. It's just like Christmas!

Dark Claw Image
Hailing from the Doom Bible is the severed arm of a demon, infused with devastating soul-sucking magic. It's projectiles rip through demons, making it useful to blast away massive crowds. Runs on human souls.

BFG 2704 Image
The BFG 2704 is nothing to sneeze at, and sneeze it does! When fired, a flurry of red and green balls come gushing out, just like the BFG from the press release demo! You'll bust a nut so good you'll take yourself to Red Lobster.

Unmaker Image
An unholy union of demon organics and human technology, the Unmaker is an incredibly powerful weapon from the Doom Bible. When fired, four vengeful souls come bursting out from the head, seeking out and tearing through demons. Runs on human souls.

Chaos Field Image
When this powerup is active, demons within your vicinity will be driven to attacking their demonic brethren. If there are no other demons in their line of sight, however, they'll go back to taking out their rage on you, so be careful!

Lorelei Chen - Lorelei is the fastest of the four characters in more ways than one. She sacrifices the ability to sprint for enhanced base speed, and has an increased fire rate.

John Pietrovich - John is an all-around type of character. He has increased damage resistance, but otherwise functions identically to the Doom Marine in terms of stats.

Dimitri Paramo - Dimitri is a tank. He can soak up damage like nothing, but is extremely slow compared to the others. Luckily, he has increased accuracy to compensate.

Thi Barret - Thi is a glass cannon. She moves fast, and she works great in close quarters. However, she can be overwhelmed faster than the other classes, and dies more quickly.

Versions of Doom Delta starting with 2.0 and beyond will be exclusive to GZDoom (version 3.1.0 at least) due to reliance on features such as ZScript.

Doom Delta v1.1 (stable)

Spoiler: v2.0 Changelog

Spoiler: v1.1 Changelog

Spoiler: Old Versions

Last edited by DrPyspy on Wed Sep 20, 2017 7:00 am, edited 16 times in total.
DrPyspy
ITS NOT A PHASE MOM

Re: [WIP] Doom Delta - A delicious mix of Alpha and Beta

Postby Kinsie » Sat May 28, 2016 5:54 am

Looking good so far! It's surprisingly difficult to find a good mod based on the old historic content...

That radar in particular looks like a fantastic effect! Is there any chance of releasing information/code separately after you finish and release this?
Kinsie
Glarepokes (thx Kura-san!)

Discord: Find Me

Postby demo_the_man » Sat May 28, 2016 7:40 am

Hey, it might be a better idea to use the 0.5 rifle over the 0.4 rifle. I have some bayonet sprites for the 0.5 rifle floating around if that would help. So far it looks really good and if you want to use any assets from the tei tenga incident go ahead. There are some sprites of the zombie man with a helmet which are from one dead doom bible mod which might help you too
demo_the_man
Did i ever tell ye the story of me old bones?

Discord: demo_the_man#8942

Postby DrPyspy » Sat May 28, 2016 2:18 pm

Kinsie wrote:That radar in particular looks like a fantastic effect! Is there any chance of releasing information/code separately after you finish and release this?

Sure thing!

demo_the_man wrote:Hey, it might be a better idea to use the 0.5 rifle over the 0.4 rifle. I have some bayonet sprites for the 0.5 rifle floating around if that would help.

That'd be awesome if you could send those to me. :D
DrPyspy
ITS NOT A PHASE MOM

Postby Aylah_Stimson » Sat May 28, 2016 7:19 pm

This looks really great!
Aylah_Stimson

Postby Luigi2600 » Sun May 29, 2016 12:22 am

Let's hope this one doesn't get cancelled unlike the other doom alpha related mods.
Luigi2600
What did he mean by this?

Postby DrPyspy » Sun May 29, 2016 5:18 pm

Time for some updates! I'd like to show off the new (old?) BFG. It's behavior has been replicated from the prerelease quite easily, as ZDoom already has it predefined. For those unfamiliar, originally, the BFG fired a barrage of green and red plasma balls.

Secondly, I was originally going to show the keys off in pictures, but I figured this would be a good time to show off the minimap in motion. In this video, you can see that the keys are distinguished by their constant flashing on the minimap. This helps set the red key apart from normal enemies, who do not flash on the minimap.

In the future, I plan to make the minimap rotate with the player to make it easier to read the location of the blips on the minimap.
DrPyspy
ITS NOT A PHASE MOM

Postby Aylah_Stimson » Sun May 29, 2016 6:00 pm

That's so cool!
Aylah_Stimson

Postby demo_the_man » Sun May 29, 2016 7:52 pm

I based my bayonet sprites off of sodaholics doom evil unleashed rifle+bayonet
Also his alpha hybrid shotgun looks alot better than the version you are using.
Here you go
Attachments
uerifle.wad
(64.99 KiB) Downloaded 137 times
demo_the_man

Postby Nevander » Sun May 29, 2016 8:08 pm

This mod looks incredible. I love the BFG, I love the new logo or M_DOOM whatever, I love the HUD. :D
Nevander
The Doomslayer

Postby DrPyspy » Sun May 29, 2016 8:19 pm

Aylah_Stimson wrote:That's so cool!

Nevander wrote:This mod looks incredible. I love the BFG, I love the new logo or M_DOOM whatever, I love the HUD. :D

Thanks! :D

demo_the_man wrote:I based my bayonet sprites off of sodaholics doom evil unleashed rifle+bayonet
Also his alpha hybrid shotgun looks alot better than the version you are using.
Here you go

Thanks, I hope you don't mind if we decide to use these.
DrPyspy
ITS NOT A PHASE MOM

Postby demo_the_man » Mon May 30, 2016 6:11 am

no, but be sure to credit doom evil unleashed for the sprites. If i can find anything else ill ship it your way
demo_the_man

Postby Ethril » Mon May 30, 2016 8:59 am

So, wait, what about Gamma? Would that be the pre-release version?
Ethril
F1

Postby PandaDoomer » Tue May 31, 2016 8:55 am

Damn, this looks pretty good. Hope the rest of the work goes smoothly!
Last edited by PandaDoomer on Fri Jun 17, 2016 12:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
PandaDoomer
I suck at making DOOM mods.

Discord: PedroThePanda64#1661

Postby FaggoStorm » Tue May 31, 2016 9:16 am

Looks awsome!
FaggoStorm
A faggot that likes the classic Doom.

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods