Lowtech Remake (Updated 22/02/17)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Lowtech Remake (Updated 22/02/17)

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

What's this?

It's a remake of the Lowtech Mod made by Captain Red back in 2005. I always liked the way he worked the replacement of weapons. So, what i wanted to do was to remake it, add smoke, light, casings, centered weapons, altfires, better sounds, and get a little deeper into the theme. Of course, following feedback.

All i ask is a little attention and sincere feedback!

Credits are inside the rar, but here's another copy:
Spoiler:
Changelogs:
Spoiler:
Gameplay video by: JimpArgon

Gameplay video by: GamingRoom

Gameplay video by: Lezuum

Download Me!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1N7BdG5 ... sp=sharing

Alternate Weapon Pack

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1dmmOdn ... sp=sharing

And here's the original if you don't know it yet:

Original Lowtech by Captain Red
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/combos/lowtech

Have fun and keep an eye for updates!
Last edited by Dr_Cosmobyte on Sat Jul 08, 2023 10:59 pm, edited 50 times in total.
LedIris

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP)

Post by LedIris »

Not bad. Glock is really cool to fire, and the burst fire is pretty interesting too. The bow is really fun to use, as well. :D
Small nitpick: There's a bit too much quake on the Chainsaw, at least to me. (personal nitpick)
Keep up the good work!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Oh yes. Chainsaw kickback is not up to my taste as well.

You're in the credits list, but not only because i'm using DAT keycard sound, but also because i used your SSG coding to fix up mine, and i have to read the instructions manual in pretty much everything i do :D

So, thanks man. This mod still has ground to be covered. The custom enemies sure will be a good exercise to me!
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

GAA1992 wrote:Oh yes. Chainsaw kickback is not up to my taste as well.

You're in the credits list, but not only because i'm using DAT keycard sound, but also because i used your SSG coding to fix up mine, and i have to read the instructions manual in pretty much everything i do :D

So, thanks man. This mod still has ground to be covered. The custom enemies sure will be a good exercise to me!
No problem. You can use any of my code, no need to ask. 8-)
Custom enemies will be cool, IIRC I think the original Lowtech mod has pistol zombies instead of rifle zombies which made more sense. Also, there was a crossbow that shot dynamite straight out of Redneck Rampage which also functioned pretty well. :lol:
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

That's my problem in game. Since it used dynamite (and replaced the RL), it uses the same ammo as the TNT, rather than making them spawn on Cells. Cells are actually fuel for the Flamethrower.

My objective is to find a proper ammo positioning. I'm thinking about that.
LedIris

Post by LedIris »

GAA1992 wrote:That's my problem in game. Since it used dynamite (and replaced the RL), it uses the same ammo as the TNT, rather than making them spawn on Cells. Cells are actually fuel for the Flamethrower.

My objective is to find a proper ammo positioning. I'm thinking about that.
Well you could try using spawners to replace ammo types, that have a chance to spawn as flamethrower fuel or TNT. Not really the best way of doing it, but it seems to work. :wink:
Miguel371xd

Post by Miguel371xd »

WOW looks good I try this with guncaste monster pack :D
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

this is solid!!! gj dude!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Thanks a lot man!
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

I SAID to keep a keen eye for updates! :D

Here's one:

Changelog
Spoiler:
Download at first post!!!

I'm sorry for the late posting, but tomorrow after the work i will dedicate my free time to release and finish the aracnocide separate packs, if everything goes right.

This update here should hold the mod playability for a longer time 'till i get everything updated.

HAVE FUN GUYS!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Downloadble BETA/WIP) Update 17/05

Post by Captain J »

solid yet super, good work once again!

but of course, i have few gripes, the arrow disappears when it hits the walls. it kinda make sense when it hits the enemies except walls, though. and i kinda frustrated when i didn't got BFG9000 replacement weapon except TNT. is there will be even more weaponry?

also do you know pistol magazine sprite and empty one were made by me? would be nice if you can add my name in your credit list!

EDIT: extra gripes; i think only imp and mancubus ball become fancy except other monsters' projectiles, arachnotron replacement's projectile has no decal, seems mancubus and hell knight's attacking role has been changed for some reason, cyberdemon's rocket is really unfair to dodge, it shows nothing but smoke and directly follows you, also has no decal at all.
Last edited by Captain J on Tue May 17, 2016 2:24 am, edited 4 times in total.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

minor gripe, i forgot to remove the brown from the scope when using it cocking, it looks fuggo

major gripe, the icon of sin is a bastard because of its design. You have to add some sort of projectile explosive even if it doesnt fit at all, because you cant complete so so many wads and original levels without an explosive weapon that shoots straight
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

Captain J wrote: and i kinda frustrated when i didn't got BFG9000 replacement weapon except TNT. is there will be even more weaponry?

also do you know pistol magazine sprite and empty one were made by me? would be nice if you can add my name in your credit list!

EDIT: extra gripes; i think only imp and mancubus ball become fancy except other monsters' projectiles, arachnotron replacement's projectile has no decal, seems mancubus and hell knight's attacking role has been changed for some reason, cyberdemon's rocket is really unfair to dodge, it shows nothing but smoke and directly follows you, also has no decal at all.
J J J J J God sorry sorry sorry man, really. I got the thing straight from Aracnocide and really forgot putting it there. I will edit first post.

I tried to respect the original mod's weaponry, otherwise, i would have some more weapons to use, like a nailgun, a baseball bat and some melee weapons.

The seekermissile is from the original mod decorate as well. I personally think it leaves it more challenging.

I will bring more updates.
chronoteeth wrote:minor gripe, i forgot to remove the brown from the scope when using it cocking, it looks fuggo

major gripe, the icon of sin is a bastard because of its design. You have to add some sort of projectile explosive even if it doesnt fit at all, because you cant complete so so many wads and original levels without an explosive weapon that shoots straight
i think i going to respect the dynamite bow idea and work on a treat i have here.

Thanks for feedback guys, i need to be fast cause i'm at work, but i can solve some things later night.
Dr_Cosmobyte

Post by Dr_Cosmobyte »

UPDAAAATE!
Spoiler:
Have fun guys! This mod is almost 100%, and it only depends on your feedback!!!
Captain J

Location: An ancient Escape Shuttle(No longer active here anymore)

Re: Lowtech mod Remake (Updated July, 14) Check this out!

Post by Captain J »

Good update, now it become decent now!
Spoiler: And here come dat griep bois
I'll be wait for more update!

Return to “Gameplay Mods”