Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Freaklore1

Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Post by Freaklore1 »

I made a thread in General about requesting a wad wich contained only the weapons of Doom 64 (for ZDoom/GZDoom) since there wasnt any wad like that on internet.
Nevander gladly took on the offer and made it happen,so much apreciated of him for doing this.

Resources credits also go for Dreadflame,GuitarDeity and Footman for (Doom 64 WMI Redux),Midway for all Doom 64 sprites and sounds, osjclatchford and chronoteeth for the Desert Eagle pickup/side sprite wich was recolored and edited by Nevander, Aenima's Doom 64: Unabsolved shotgun pickup sprite and extra weapons,Hazebandicoot for the Unmaker upgrades drop spawn from cyberdemons/spidermastermind plus the pale blue plasma balls for the plasma guns and Cage's smoother animations of shotgun,super shotgun,chaingun and plasma rifle.And of course Nevander for doing the wad and editing,also credits are in the text file.

Download Version 1 here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/z5zak ... 4WEAPS.ZIP

Download Version 2 here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/5414z ... 4WEAPS.ZIP

Download Version 3 here : http://www.mediafire.com/download/ggb2k ... 9-2016.ZIP (updated 5-29-2016)

Link to the other related thread : http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=4&t=51499

Link to version 1 on Mod DB site : http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... m/#5885133

Link to version 2 on Mod DB site : http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... doomgzdoom

Link to version 3 on Mod DB site : http://www.moddb.com/games/doom/addons/ ... s/#5941042 (updated 5-29-2016)
Attachments
doom64.jpeg
Last edited by Freaklore1 on Sun May 29, 2016 8:35 am, edited 13 times in total.
Freaklore1

Re: Doom 64 'weapons only' wad by Nevander

Post by Freaklore1 »

So i tested it and so far so good,i didnt see any bugs and such.

For those who are wondering,the Unmaker already start fully upgraded because Nevander decided to make it like that,also the Unmaker has a 25% chance of replacing the BFG,and Nevander said he would 'nerf' the weapon a little bit.
Hellser
Global Moderator
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 11
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Hellser »

The Shotgun animation feels off for some reason (look into Wildweasel's tutorial about animating weapons, especially about 'weight'). But I like what I see so far.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Hellser wrote:The Shotgun animation feels off for some reason (look into Wildweasel's tutorial about animating weapons, especially about 'weight'). But I like what I see so far.
Well the thing is that neither I or Nevander are sure if the extra animations for the shotgun,super shotgun,chaingun and plasma rifle are actually from Cage,Nevander took the sprites from Doom 64 WIM Redux that you can find here https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k57D9q8WJ74 , so if anyone can confirm if this is indeed Cage's extra animations.

About the shotgun reloading animation,if someone as something better for it,show us or explain how to make it better.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Just wanna tell everyone that i also made the download available on Mod DB site,so you can also download it there if something ever happen to the other download link.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

I found some stuff I want to add and work in to my own version, so an update to it will come. I hope and plan to change it so the upgrades to the Unmaker get incorporated, along with further tweaks. I'll let you know when I release a new version.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

With the help of HazeBandicoot,we Nevander was able to update the wad,once Version 2 wad is available i'll add it to the first post.

The edits are :

-The unmaker start without upgrades since Nevander found out how to make the upgrades drop from enemies thanks to HazeBandicoot.

-The shotgun reloading animation has been edited.

-The plasma rifle's plasma balls have been edited.

-Might also have other edits,wich i'll add once i tested the wad.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Hey Hellser,what do you mean by the shotgun animation feels off ?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Version 2 is done! Download below.

Main changes:
- You now spawn with the Pistol in hand instead of the fist!
- Shotgun rate of fire increased.
- Minor rate of fire increase to the Super Shotgun, Rocket Launcher, and Plasma Rifle.
- Unmaker now can be upgraded and the flash state upgrades with it.
- Adjustments to some sprite offsets for accuracy.
- Chaingunner attack sound changed from the Shotgun to the Chaingun.
- Unmaker's projectile speed increased to more closely match Doom 64's laser speed.
- Unmaker projectile trail edited to be more interesting.
- Plasma Rifle projectile and trail has been improved, more light blue and looks better.
- Plasma Rifle is now animated (it moves better on screen, looks more fluid).
- Sound effects and sexy dynamic lights added to the Demon Keys when they spawn.
- And more that I probably forgot... :wink:

Check here for latest download link
Last edited by Nevander on Sun May 29, 2016 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

Alright,tested it,everything seem okay like always.

I put the link to the download in the first post and also added a download page on Moddb.
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

The extended version and main mod has been finished and updated!

Check here for latest download link

Main changes:
- Five new weapons added in extended version: Uzi, Flamethrower, Nailgun, Railgun, and the Devastator (automatic explosive shotgun... it's a beast)
- Standard Doom 64 weapons have had minor improvements
- The Unmaker is now even sexier than before
- The Super Shotgun and Devastator can now be obtained in The Ultimate Doom (in the previous version, it was actually impossible to get it in The Ultimate Doom without using cheats)
- Dropped items such as the Unmaker and its upgrades will no longer be crushed and vanish from the map
- All weapons (sans Chainsaw) will raise and lower on screen twice as fast for both versions of the mod; seeing how fast the weapons swapped in the new Doom made me want them to be quicker in original Doom as well, the results are refreshing
- Pistol now has a higher quality pickup sprite by using HI_START/HI_END namespace
- Bunch of other stuff I forgot

Changes in the 5/21/2016 version:
- Flamethrower infinite looping sound bug fixed
- Flamethrower first person sprite size adjusted
- BulletPuffs added to the Nailgun nail impacts into walls
- Nailgun nails will now stick into the wall instead of sticking on the very tip

Full credits are included in the WAD files themselves and alongside them in the text file. Please test and let me know of any problems or concerns.

Enjoy! :D
Last edited by Nevander on Sun May 29, 2016 2:58 am, edited 2 times in total.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

So i tried and i must say you did a great job again Nevander,especially on the extra weapons.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

So guys,version 3 is pretty much the definitive version of the mod,i dont think we will need more fixes/updates now,unless someone find some bugs.

If anyone would like to share their toughts on the mod,go ahead.

Oh and a question for Nevander about the devastator shotgun,how do the weapon fire ? By pellets or 1 concentrated pellet ?
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Freaklore1 wrote:Oh and a question for Nevander about the devastator shotgun,how do the weapon fire ? By pellets or 1 concentrated pellet ?
It fires a projectile at very high speed which then spawns a bullet puff using the missile explosion frames. I did this so that it would show up when hitting anything in the game world, as normally bullet puffs don't spawn when hitting a bleeding actor. There's also a flag you can put on the actor to [wiki]Actor_flags#ALWAYSPUFF[/wiki] but this method works too.
Freaklore1

Post by Freaklore1 »

It's ok,i just wanted to know if it shot pellets in spread or 1 simple projectile.

Also how the damage input work with that weapon ? Sometime it take 1 shot to kill a imp and sometime 2 shots,while for pinky demons sometime it's 2 shots and sometime 3 or 4 shots.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”