Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
johnny

Your Name: Lieutenant John Doom. Your Mission:

Post by johnny »

Exciting parts:
4:29 exploding headshots
6:29 no reloads
9:42 chainsaw
13:50 mastermind chaingun
15:39 getting another powerup and high score with the mastermind chaingun
17:06 berserk MADNESS
18:01 berserk caco INSANITY
18:54 vanilla weapons

Good evening esteemed colleagues. A beautiful man named Loku discovered the game breaking bug that has been plaguing this shit for years and it is finally fixed. THIS IS DEDICATED 2 U, BRO 🙏👊
This is for 3.7.2 OR the "vintage" version of gzdoom. For some people, it works perfectly fine with gzdoom 4.0. For others, it’s broken. If you try it in 4.0 and you’re having problems, downgrade.

EXPLANATION OF WHAT JOHNNYDOOM IS:
Spoiler:
IMMEDIATE STEPS TO TAKE UPON PLAYING:
Spoiler:
This is the final version, boys and girls. Just bugfixes from here on out. Lol k maybe not. It sucked knowing I left my baby broken for so long, so I'm glad I could finally get a solid, complete version out to you guys. Please enjoy, it's been a blast working on this. Thank you, and may God bless these United States of America.

Changelog:
Spoiler:
Here's some mapsets to play with JD:
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... phobosdemi
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... ds/jenesis
https://www.doomworld.com/idgames/level ... d-f/fth666

Main mod:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/zqqdg9z84as5r ... L.pk3?dl=0

Pompous Seed's retro shader:
https://www.dropbox.com/s/67l8v02nux1lv ... r.pk3?dl=0
Last edited by johnny on Sun Apr 28, 2019 10:12 pm, edited 140 times in total.
Crudux Cruo

Re: BDJ - grenades, fighting, and fatalities worth doing

Post by Crudux Cruo »

CC-COMBO is no longer supported, due to the new version! I will eventually update this to work with the new BDJ, so stay tuned!

you can download the mod for the old version below!
http://www.mediafire.com/file/w8ponp8n5 ... -COMBO.zip
Last edited by Crudux Cruo on Mon Dec 05, 2016 3:10 pm, edited 12 times in total.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Will do! Thanks man, that's awesome to hear. I really appreciate it and I'm glad you enjoyed.
Slax
... in rememberance ...

Post by Slax »

Dem's some sexy SFX.
Carbine Dioxide

Post by Carbine Dioxide »

I like this a lot. I like the original Doom Guy hands. :)

What I don't like is the ADS for the rifle. It's not consistent with the weapon. I also never liked the Doom 64 weapon color scheme for Doom.

What people really need is not derp death animations for Brutal Doom. They don't look smooth at all.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

Not a big fan of Brootal Dewm anymore, but I must say the I actually enjoy this version of it. Keep up the good work!

Oh, I just remembered; I was trying to find a grenade mod like the one you've employed here. Think you could make that it's own mod or point me to where I can get it?
Armaetus
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): Windows 10 Home
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD with Vulkan/Metal Support

Post by Armaetus »

Use Mediafire or Dropbox because sites like mega.co.nz could be restrictive when the file expires.
johnny

Post by johnny »

Thanks for the kind words fellas!

Slax - :lol: Aren't they?! I was playing with my computer HDMI'd up to the TV earlier and the bass was intense. My little laptop speakers don't do them justice.

Carbine Dioxide - I agree on all accounts. For the rifle, the only other option I could find was this:
and that doesn't really match up either. Maybe the original BD ADS would be a better choice? I feel the same way about that navy blue tint on the Doom 64 weapons, I would much rather it be a flatter black or at least not so obviously blue. The shotgun's ADS are slightly off as well, but I'll be fixing these soon. I'll put the effort in but I'm far from a professional sprite artist. As far as fatalities go, if Sgt. Mark VI sticks to his release date of Dec. 10 then we should have a fair amount of new and redone animations in a week or so. It shouldn't take long to transplant all my stuff into BDv20.

Devianteist - Sure man, I could do that. Do you want me to inject it into the standard weapons, or something like smoothdoom? It's not something that can exist in its own pk3 outside of the weapon code and be added/removed to other weapon mods on the fly, you gotta add new states to every weapon's decorate individually. [I might be wrong here--I'm sure there's some ACS wizardy that can be done to achieve this, but I am not trained in such magics.] Fortunately this only takes like 3 lines of ACS and is as easy as pasting the throwgrenade code at the end of each weapon and adding some JumpIfInventory checks here and there.

Glaice - Thanks for the heads up, I was unaware of this. I'll set up Dropbox now. [[EDIT: I looked into this, and Mega ("megaupload" is no longer a thing) links never expire. The bandwidth allowances and free storage capacity makes Dropbox look like a joke (2gb vs 50gb). The new Mega is the bee's knees as far as cloud storage goes.]]
Last edited by johnny on Fri Dec 05, 2014 12:35 am, edited 4 times in total.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

By "inject into the standard weapons," I assume you mean just adding it to the vanilla DOOM weapons, as you described, which would be perfect.

Though what do you mean by "something like SmoothDoom"?
johnny

Post by johnny »

I meant the smoothdoom mod, or some other equally vanilla-friendly weapon set. But I gotcha, I'll get to work and report back.
Carbine Dioxide

I didn't mean fatalities, because the fatalities are smooth enough to get by. I am talking about the death animations in general. The knight's and baron's deaths are just 3 to 4 frames. The minimum in, my opinion, is 6 frames for each death.

I could attempt to make some ADS sprites, and color the Doom 64 stuff if you want, unless you want a more qualified spriter.

I just now played this, and there are some things that I would like to point out:

I play in widescreen, and when you punch, the arms are not attached to anything, maybe you can make it widescreen friendly?

I like the arcade style game play.

The shotgun pickup is a little odd, it's just the vanilla shotgun.

The ability to call marines is pretty awesome, although Doom Guy is not only wearing no gloves, but also wearing his fisticuff spikes.

The kicking is much more bad ass. 8-)

Overall, this is a pretty awesome mod. Well done.
Last edited by Carbine Dioxide on Thu Dec 04, 2014 3:50 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Devianteist

Post by Devianteist »

johnny wrote:I meant the smoothdoom mod, or some other equally vanilla-friendly weapon set. But I gotcha, I'll get to work and report back.
ooooh, okay, I see what you mean. No, vanilla is fine. Plus, it'll give me something to play with once I start learning code.

EDIT: I just had a thought; could you also include the punching and kicking? If not, that's fine.
Rustygold

Post by Rustygold »

Finally Someone knows how to balance the shotguns! I kept telling everyone that the SSGs alt fire mode makes the Shotgun useless because In the original game the SSg was supposed to be only a one fire mode to take down Big enemies while chewing trough ammo fairly quickly This Is one of the reasons the were balanced, Very few people realize this. GRATE JOB SIR!
Carbine Dioxide

A preview of the zoom ADS sprite. You'll see this when you bring the gun to your face.

Because of anti aliasing, this sprite doesn't look that great.
Attachments
ADS.png
ADS.png (10.14 KiB) Viewed 121039 times
TerminusEst13

Post by TerminusEst13 »

I love this mod so much, it lets me do amazing things.

Return to “Gameplay Mods”