[1.9a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Updated Credits.

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
TiberiumSoul
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

[1.9a] Insanity's Requiem Mk.2 | Updated Credits.

Post by TiberiumSoul »

The Old 3.1 final is still available if you want to gut it for resources but I'm bringing Insanity's Requiem back with the announcement of Insanity's Requiem Mk.2!

Insanity's Requiem was a small project I Started working on, Abandoned due to lack of interest, and then revived it, and like the old build, this version also puts you behind the controls of an arsenal of 11 unique weapons ranging from but not limited to: A shovel possessed by a demonic entity, A sword that feeds on blood to unleash devastating attacks, a .50AE Assault Pistol, an Explosive Magnum... and many more that you... will have to discover on your own.

Most of the weapons present in the mod all reload, the reloading is magazine based so don't get too reload happy, or you'll be running out of ammo sooner than you'd expect,

On any issue of Credits, Look inside the Spoiler below. If you see anything, be it sprites or otherwise that is your work and I haven't given credit, let me know what belongs to whom and you'll receive your credits in the next release.

Final Release Trailer

Download : The Abandoned 3.1 Build

Download : Get Mark 2 Builds on ModDB

A Link To : Join my Discord Server
Spoiler: Credits
Last edited by TiberiumSoul on Tue Jun 09, 2020 8:34 pm, edited 96 times in total.
Ribo Zurai

Re: [Coming Soon] Insanity's Requiem

Post by Ribo Zurai »

This looks very promissing so far.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Thanks, I just hope Xaser doesn't go on another nitpick fest like he did with TiberiumDoom.
Granted, I didn't really give any credit hardly for that one so I deserved the brutal ass-kicking I got... I didn't make that mistake this time around though.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

TiberiumSoul wrote:Granted, I didn't really give any credit hardly for that one
And I really hope you give credit where it's due for this one. I'm seeing a lot of really familiar stuff in that trailer and have trouble determining which parts are yours.
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

we'll see how i did on that part come September 7th when i release it...
Ethril

Post by Ethril »

no offense but it doesn't seem all that insane to me
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

It's not supposed to be Insanity's Requiem is just a name I chose because I thought it sounded cool
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

double posting aside today is release day and for once i actuall meet my deadline on time rather than being late like i usually am

http://www.mediafire.com/?abc8g2c6msql5b0 : Insanity's Requiem Beta 1.5
Ribo Zurai

Post by Ribo Zurai »

The weapons feel great to use, I love the effects. But you should make the blood stains last longer.

Also the grenades disappear when they touch water. Also, tell me there's going to be a BFG weapon.
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

I decided to take a look inside your PK3 to figure out how it got to be so large. Things I've found that you could stand to cut back on:
  1. Inside IRMisc.wad (which really should just be moved into proper PK3 folder structure), there are five copies of the same graphic: INTERPIC, TITLEPIC, CREDIT, BOSSBACK, and CONBACK, and a variant (HELPME01) that has words on it. You could easily duplicate the first five using a Textures entry and save ~5 MB. You could likely save further space by downsampling the titlepic to 256 colors (with a unique palette) instead of 32-bit true-color; the graphic as it stands is 1600x1200 32bpp and takes up 1.86 MB per copy, which is nearly as much as a lot of mods take in their entirety.
  2. A lot of the sounds in IRMisc.wad are still in WAV format. Sampling them down to OGG would save ~85% of the size per file.
  3. You should unwad the Realm667 monsters you're using; some of them may have duplicate resources.
  4. Many of your weapons have animations consisting solely of duplicate sprites with altered offsets; you can save filesize by replacing these with Offset(x,y)-based animations in Decorate.
  5. Some of your explosion sprites (EXP0*, EXP6*, possibly others) have black backgrounds (presumably for use with RenderStyle Add); you can safely remove the black backgrounds with a Magic Wand tool in your graphics program of choice, which should make things look a lot nicer if players are using GZDoom's night vision effect or an Invulnerability powerup using an inverse colormap.
I'll play around with the actual mod later.
Hornetzero

Post by Hornetzero »

I would say that this is the perfect sequel to Hard Doom v6.1.

A few things to note:

- Are the monsters suppose to respawn after death in the final difficulty setting randomly, just like how it was in vanilla Doom, Nightmare settings?
- Most of your weapons do the same thing. I'm mentioning particularly weapon 4 (both) and weapon 6 (The green plasma gun that shoots blue orbs) as they shoot rapid barrages of explosive projectiles.
- Where did Spider Mastermind go? He seems to be replaced with the cyber annihilator which I always found lame, even in Hard Doom.

As with most projects that use realm 667 sprites, please check the following:

- Please modify the bruisers with flame designed hooves, and have their feet glow with a bloom or vibrant alpha, as it looks like they are wearing boots with that flame design.
- Please Make some changes to the Mancubus(don't know this particular spawn name). It feels like its exactly taken out of Hard Doom, and what the weapon he drops when he dies, is also completely out of place with what the player actually uses.
- The Diabolist also needs some improvement. He looks dull like he did in Hard Doom. He needs some vibrancy and radiance in his attacks and overall color scheme.

The great things in this:

- I love the sniper gun. Its just reeks of awesome. I also love the weapon that shoots flaks and has a blue flame thrower for alternate fire (although the choice of sprites is rather strange as it not only looks weird but also has a scope that isn't utilized. I hope you can chose something more appropriate for such an awesome weapon).
- The fact that two cyberdemons can fight. That's really cool.
chronoteeth
Preferred Pronouns: It/Its

Post by chronoteeth »

could you please get rid of the "shear the queer" death message
XCVG

Post by XCVG »

That was actually way better than expected, though maybe I just have low expectations. The monster replacements are good, the weapons look, sound and feel great. I'm wondering how you managed to get the HUD to work properly on widescreen.

There were some issues, though:
-Ammo does not appear on the alternate HUD.
-Menu is unusable- I can't tell what's selected.
-None of the weapons are accurate at range. You have to get close to hit anything.
-Player voice sounds... out of place is the best way to put it. It sounds more like "Shit, I left the pizza in the oven" than "Shit, I just got shot."

I'll play with it some more if I have the time.
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

Any plans on support for resolutions other than 16:9?
TiberiumSoul

Post by TiberiumSoul »

Thanks for all the feedback guys. I'll see what I can do about the items brought up in the next version.

As for lower resolutions... I didn't really plan on it... sorry... >_<

also the brightmaps for the archon variants will be hard to do since I have no Internet here at home (I'm typing this on my iPad) but nonetheless I'll look in the most recent copy of harddoom i have and see if aerial has the updated version of the archon with brightmaps

And if it bothers you that much CT I'll change the QSGGuy's obituary...

Till then guys, ciao

-TiberiumSoul

Return to “Gameplay Mods”