Hexercise v0.0.6: The coldest of the fixes

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
le_L

Hexercise v0.0.6: The coldest of the fixes

Post by le_L »

LOL SO RANDUM XD
A(n?) HeXercise
v0.0.6
In Bringing Back Something That Wasn't There In The First Place
Spoiler:
What's in there
-Reworked Weapons (Bet you didn't see that one coming)
-Unrandomized Damage The hell with that, random damage is back.
-Class-Specific Abilities
-Reworked Enemy Balance
-A Sprite (But what a sprite it is!)
-Absolutely Nothing Else

The Stuff
Spoiler: Who and what you kill things with
Spoiler: The things that you kill
Spoiler: Screenies (like THAT'll help)
Attachments
l_hexercise.zip
You might want to get used to redownloading this over and over
(22.78 KiB) Downloaded 1865 times
Last edited by le_L on Fri Nov 08, 2013 12:31 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Crudux Cruo

Re: Hexercise v0.0.5: Now With Less Namco!

Post by Crudux Cruo »

So you now are doing the project instead of Lloyd? cool beans. so what exactly has changed from .4 to .5?
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

You know, Lloyd, if you wanted your name changed, you could easily have contacted QBasicer or Randy to get that done instead of registering another account.
amv2k9

Post by amv2k9 »

I've noticed something with the mana conversion items the Mage gets. Dunno if you fixed it yet, but here goes:

The ammo types they give & take don't have +IGNORESKILL on them. So, if you're playing on a difficulty that has ammo multipliers, the player can use the blue->green mana item, then the green->blue item to end up with more of both mana types than they started with.
le_L

Post by le_L »

wildweasel wrote:You know, Lloyd, if you wanted your name changed, you could easily have contacted QBasicer or Randy to get that done instead of registering another account.
AAAAAAAAAAAAAA-
:(
amv2k9 wrote:I've noticed something with the mana conversion items the Mage gets. Dunno if you fixed it yet, but here goes:

The ammo types they give & take don't have +IGNORESKILL on them. So, if you're playing on a difficulty that has ammo multipliers, the player can use the blue->green mana item, then the green->blue item to end up with more of both mana types than they started with.
HA! Called it! Hadn't. Just added +IGNORESKILL to both items in hope of tossing a hotfix this way and...no dice. Glitch is still there despite the flag. Tits.
Malv Zombie

Post by Malv Zombie »

I'm not sure if you saw this but I post it just in case.

Played with the fighter and noticed:

Bloodlust: The health boost could be smaller (4hp after every kill maybe), because the combination of Timon's Axe-Fist makes you regen life pretty fast.
Quietus: The primary attack seems to take more blue mana than green mana after few hits on monsters (it also shows the Timon's axe hit effect but not sure if that's intended) and compared to alt attack, it's really underpowered (Takes 4 hits to slash monsters using 32 mana while alt attack uses 15 mana and kills everything that touches).

Using the mage right now and...:

Arc of Death: The alt attack has the same problem as Quietus, it uses green mana but when it hits a monster, blue mana goes down too (then again, not sure if you planned it works that way), making it a really bad choice.
le_L

Post by le_L »

The former is noted and will be in for a subsequent release (I don't think it alone warrants a full-blown re-release).

The latter two are odd -- I can't seem to reproduce them. Did you load savegames of a previous build, by any chance? Things always end up breaking when I do. One thing I know for sure is that Quietus should not take 32 Mana per swing, but 8.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Actually I was hitting monsters with the axe after cancelling my punch and it was still using blue mana. Your text says it shouldn't be?
Malv Zombie

Post by Malv Zombie »

le_L wrote: The latter two are odd -- I can't seem to reproduce them. Did you load savegames of a previous build, by any chance? Things always end up breaking when I do. One thing I know for sure is that Quietus should not take 32 Mana per swing, but 8.
Nope, started new game using 0.0.5. Maybe I'm using the Quietus wrong (Because I try slash multiple enemies at a reasonable distance, not face-to-face). Also what I meant is takes 4 slashes to kill something (32 mana), but the mana use of each slash is 8
DoomRater wrote:Actually I was hitting monsters with the axe after cancelling my punch and it was still using blue mana. Your text says it shouldn't be?
That's weird. I hit with Axe (drains 4 mana per hit), then throw a punch (to get the hp regen). No extra mana use of that kind of stuff
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

The combo works the other way around... throw the punch and when it connects use axe. Expected behavior says 0, but it seems to use 2.
le_L

Post by le_L »

This just keeps getting weirder and weirder.
DoomRater wrote:The combo works the other way around... throw the punch and when it connects use axe. Expected behavior says 0, but it seems to use 2.
There's the possibility that you aren't actually cancelling your punch (you have to hold primary fire as the punch is connecting) but in that case it should be 4, not 2. What is spawned on hit, a spark or a puff of smoke?
Malv Zombie wrote:Nope, started new game using 0.0.5. Maybe I'm using the Quietus wrong (Because I try slash multiple enemies at a reasonable distance, not face-to-face). Also what I meant is takes 4 slashes to kill something (32 mana), but the mana use of each slash is 8
AHA! You might be overestimating your reach. It's only twice that of the Axe, and you're immune to the splash damage. Dare to get close and you can plow through several monsters in one swing.
DoomRater

Post by DoomRater »

Saw spark, will double check mana usage next chance I get.
TheUnbeholden

Post by TheUnbeholden »

So what has changed from v0.4 to 0.5? Or have you not released it yet..
Malv Zombie wrote:I'm not sure if you saw this but I post it just in case.

Played with the fighter and noticed:

Bloodlust: The health boost could be smaller (4hp after every kill maybe), because the combination of Timon's Axe-Fist makes you regen life pretty fast.
[
Yeah, to easy to exploit. Cleric should be the best at healing not a fighter.. tying it to kills by gauntlet rather then per 'alt punch' would be better.
KeeperOfWonderland

Post by KeeperOfWonderland »

Your mod is amazing. I replay Hexen with it, awesome...
Want a version for multiplayer. :grr:
Valherran

Post by Valherran »

Took another whack at this, so much fun. heh

Would you consider making new classes and a Tertiary Fire for all the weapons?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”