It was a dark and stormy night, and Doomguy had just spent another evening locked in his study, examining an ancient occult tome. Unraveling the forbidden secrets of the dark arts sure wears a person out! Fortunately, Doomguy had outfitted his castle with more than a few modern conveniences... and tonight he was feeling rather musically inclined!
This is the first of (hopefully) many ZDoom-oriented community projects organized by several veterans of the DBP series. Projects will be bimonthly, with a month of mapping followed by a month of polishing and finalizing. In this inaugural edition, we'll be mixing gothic fantasy and tech themes, with a synth/keyboard motif tying it all together. Check out the demo map (MAP01 in the resource pack) for a taste of what we have to work with! Screenshots below.
- v2 (non-music resources): https://www.dropbox.com/s/8erdav7hroaon ... 2.wad?dl=1
v2 (music only, ~50MB): https://www.dropbox.com/s/0qb5g7r0xyed2 ... 2.wad?dl=1
1. Target compatibility is ZDoom 2.8.1, but also make sure your map doesn't break in recent GZDoom. Allowed formats are UDMF, Hexen, and ZDoom: Doom 2 formats.
2. Maps should be modest in length; aim for 4-15 minutes.
3. No jumping or crouching; freelook is optional. Jumping and crouching on land is disabled via MAPINFO, but should still work for swimmable water. Design your maps accordingly.
4. Don't go overboard with advanced features. Maps should "feel Doom-y" at their core.
5. Many stock textures and some stock THINGs are blacked out for thematic consistency. Blacked-out resources should not be used. Do not add your own resources!
6. A MAPINFO lump defines the music for each map slot, as well as enforcing general project settings. Use this to pick music for your map. The final sequencing of maps will be determined by the project leader.
7. Do not implement difficulty settings initially. Post your map first and let others assess it first.
8. Get your maps in by June 2nd! This is a firm deadline. After a month of polishing, refining, and sequencing, the project will be released on July 2st.
9. Submitted maps may be modified by the project leader for quality control and error fixing purposes.
Spoiler:SCREENSHOTS (DEMO MAP)
Spoiler:Current credits can be found in a CREDITS lump in the resource pack.