amiga port?

Discuss anything ZDoom-related that doesn't fall into one of the other categories.

amiga port?

Postby cycloid » Sat Oct 04, 2003 10:00 am

anyone else been thinking about it? i've been hunting for a bloody GCC cross compiler setup for ages (i.e. win32 hosted, 68k targetted). i'm too impatient to understand the gerzillion web pages on how to use gcc to build gcc with a target and i have no ideas how the libraries set up works... i COULD attempt to use my 1200 to compile it but that would take bloody ages now wouldnt it!

i'll get around to it one day, for a laugh.
cycloid

Postby randi » Sat Oct 04, 2003 3:33 pm

I thought about it, since I had two Amigas during the 7 years before getting a PC. (Got an Amiga 500 in 1989!) I've never been interested enough to actually try setting up a cross compiler, though. And any testing I would do would have to be done with UAE, since my Amiga's power supply is now dead.
randi
Site Admin

Postby wildweasel » Sat Oct 04, 2003 5:16 pm

There's already an Amiga port of regular ol' Doom, so why shouldn't a port of ZDoom be possible? Except the fancy stuff (like high res) would probably require a PPC to run properly. I don't even own an Amiga, I've just used WinUAE...
wildweasel
change o' pace.
Moderator Team Lead

Postby HotWax » Sat Oct 04, 2003 8:36 pm

No one's questioning whether it's possible. Somebody just needs to take the time to port the ZDoom source (freely available) to Amiga.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby Hirogen2 » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:41 am

HotWax wrote:ZDoom source (freely available) to Amiga.

/me looks for zdoom-2.0.47i-src.zip but can't find it.
Hirogen2

Github ID: jengelh
Operating System: RedHat-like Linux (RHEL, Fedora, CentOS, etc) 64-bit
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby Enjay » Sun Oct 05, 2003 5:55 am

Do they still make Amigas? I only dumped my old 500+ about 6 months ago. At the time, the Amiga seemed to leave the PC in it's dust for certain things - graphics and animation in particular.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby HotWax » Sun Oct 05, 2003 1:10 pm

/me hands Hirogen a tissue.
HotWax
Do what you must, and pay the price later.

Postby cycloid » Sun Oct 05, 2003 2:51 pm

i'm just used to Visual Studio... if i could use textpad and a cross compiler i'd go for it but i'm too lazy, probably... i think i have an older version of the source so i'll probably just get used to it first by having a read around...
cycloid

Return to General