HeXen / Heretic - Ultimate decoration pack v0.9

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

HeXen / Heretic - Ultimate decoration pack v0.9

Postby neoworm » Sat Dec 28, 2019 2:55 pm

I was sitting on these for long enough. The pack at the momment is still mess. Many things don't have any code and can't be spawned in game (not even talking about DoomEdNumbers for use in editors), sizes are often wrong, sounds are non-existant, my try to make destructible furniture with nice explosion into wooden bits is laughable and has to be redone from scratch etc. But it's here for people to canibalize into their own project because I would like to see these things get used. I will be updating and adding more stuff, fixing things with aim to make this into complex base for HeXen mods. But don't expect regular updates. I make these to relax and thus it comes as I get to it.

UPDATED
Credits whould be mostly done.
Chests now work, you need to add custom variable fields with item names in editor for them to work. There are 3 lock types - lockpick, key and ornate key. Code is based on what Gutawer and Jimmy made for Faithless.
Lot of GL defs are missing also I need to add quite a few new sounds.
TODO list is in zscript.zc comments if you are interested what I plan to do before releasing 1.0 version.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ld32ri6c37kc3t6/HeXen_DecorationPack_v0.9.pk3/file

old download: https://www.mediafire.com/file/ah7soaiwzibsjaj/HeXen_DecorationPack.pk3/file

Spoiler:

I will also have to make propper credtis list and include it in the pk3. In the meanwhile:
Spoiler:
Last edited by neoworm on Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:48 am, edited 1 time in total.
neoworm

Re: HeXen / Heretic - Ultimate decoration pack

Postby Jimmy » Sat Dec 28, 2019 4:47 pm

Absolutely legendary. Thanks a ton for sharing this!!!
Jimmy

Discord: Jimmy#4100
Twitch ID: JimmySquared
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit

Postby PRIMEVAL » Sat Dec 28, 2019 6:57 pm

Oh man, these a sweet.
PRIMEVAL

Discord: Primeval#4268

Postby neoworm » Sun Dec 29, 2019 5:34 am

Also some things to come... maybe, some are still just experiments.

neoworm

Postby MFG38 » Sun Dec 29, 2019 6:35 am

That's a nice-looking waterfall.

I mean all of them look nice, but I'm just particularly fond of that waterfall. :P
MFG38

OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Postby neoworm » Sun Dec 29, 2019 10:14 am

The waterfall needs better texture more fitting HeXen, sound and water bubling effect under it.
neoworm

Postby Rip and Tear » Thu Jan 02, 2020 10:58 pm

Thanks for posting, these look great.
Rip and Tear
I <3 ZScript

Operating System: Mac OS X 10.8 or later
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

Postby ShadesMaster » Sun Jan 05, 2020 7:40 pm

I like! The pixelated textures of the models makes them look almost like voxeles - they fit in with the sprites nicely!
ShadesMaster

Postby neoworm » Mon May 18, 2020 2:46 am

Just to let everybody know, this is not dead. Apart of creating new things I am currently working on converting all the decorations to Zscript, adding credits and adding proper functional Mapinfo with DooMednums and metadata for editor. I also converted all light sources into switchable decorations, just because I am crazy. I have to create some better folder structure in editor because originally Obstacles had something like 30 entries, now it have almost 100 and it starts to be little annoying to find anything if you don't know the name already.
I would be interested, how do you prefer to organize things in DooMbuilder?
neoworm

Re: HeXen / Heretic - Ultimate decoration pack v0.9

Postby neoworm » Tue Nov 17, 2020 6:49 am

UPDATED
Credits whould be mostly done.
Chests now work, you need to add custom variable fields with item names in editor for them to work. There are 3 lock types - lockpick, key and ornate key. Code is based on what Gutawer and Jimmy made for Faithless.
Lot of GL defs are missing also I need to add quite a few new sounds.
TODO list is in zscript.zc comments if you are interested what I plan to do before releasing 1.0 version.

Download: http://www.mediafire.com/file/ld32ri6c37kc3t6/HeXen_DecorationPack_v0.9.pk3/file
neoworm

Return to Resources