[Mapinfo] ZDoom pack for some Doom WADs

Sprites, textures, sounds, code, and other resources belong here. Share and share-alike!
Forum rules
Before posting your Resource, please make sure you can answer YES to any of the following questions:
  • Is the resource ENTIRELY my own work?
  • If no to the previous one, do I have permission from the original author?
  • If no to the previous one, did I put a reasonable amount of work into the resource myself, such that the changes are noticeably different from the source that I could take credit for them?
If you answered no to all three, maybe you should consider taking your stuff somewhere other than the Resources forum.

Consult the Resource/Request Posting Guidelines for more information.

Please don't put requests here! They have their own forum --> here. Thank you!

[Mapinfo] ZDoom pack for some Doom WADs

Postby NightFright » Sat Feb 02, 2013 8:43 am

For personal usage, I have created (or modified) several MAPINFO files for some favorite PWADs of my Doom 1/2 collection. Maybe some of you may find them useful as well, so I decided to share them.

The highlight of this pack is probably the file for "Icarus" since it adds a custom storyline (invented by myself) which may give you a good reason to play or at least replay the Team TNT classic with this. Support for the more or less abandoned (but still interesting) old commercial addons "Hell to Pay" and "Perdition's Gate" might also be interesting.

Maybe I will create more later if I have some time, but for now, have fun with these!

Credits:
- All the authors of the original WADs
- Miguel Folatelli/Alien Vendetta Team (AV dehacked)
- BlueFireZ88 ("Lost Episodes" ZDoom release)

From the included readme:
FOR DOOM I

The Lost Episodes of Doom (1994) ......................... jptr_fix.wad
Fixes are based on BlueFireZ88's ZDoom patch released over at the ZDoom forums.
This file is meant to be used with the original, unaltered jptr_v40.wad (MD5: 8111F6EA0263A7FCFEE5BA3DD06C5554), but should also work with any modified version you can find online.
Only the first three episodes are shown to fix the display glitch with Ultimate Doom ep.4, original episode graphics are used and some fixes applied to the Doom cluster texts provided by BlueFire. The Jupiter skyboxes from his pack are also included, but converted to BMP and centered like the original Doom graphics. Level names added.

Needs More Detail Ultimate (2009) ........................ nmdu_fix.wad
Episode/level names added, original Doom cluster texts slightly modified (Doom episode names replaced).

FOR DOOM II

BF_THUD! (1995) .......................................... bfth_fix.wad
Game ends after MAP29, no other adjustments.

Hell to Pay (1996) ....................................... h2p_fix.wad
Small DECORATE code to prevent Commander Keen replacements (fusions) from bleeding. CWILV23 edited to fix a typo ("Guantlet" -> "Gauntlet"). Level names added, needless Doom II cluster texts removed.

Perdition's Gate (1996) .................................. perdg_fix.wad
Level names added, needless Doom II cluster texts removed.

Icarus: Alien Vanguard (1996) ............................ icar_fix.wad
Level names added. Additionally, I have considerably improved the cluster texts: The original game did not have any custom story, so I invented one based on the readme file provided by Team TNT. Now you finally know what you are doing and what happens at the end of the game! There is even one additional cluster which I have added (after MAP25). Also, the cluster background tiles were really ugly by default. I replaced them with fitting background tiles from the Icarus texture set.

Memento Mori (1996) ...................................... mm1_fix.wad
Level names added.

Memento Mori II (1996) ................................... mm2_fix.wad
Level names added.

Requiem (1997) ........................................... reqm_fix.wad
Level names added.

Alien Vendetta (2002) .................................... av_fix.wad
DEHACKED file by AV Team/Miguel Folatelli included, MAPINFO with level names and cluster texts.

The Rebirth (2004) ....................................... rbrth_fix.wad
Level names added.
Attachments
zdoom_mapinfo.zip
ZDoom MAPINFO pack for 11 megawads
(83.85 KiB) Downloaded 35 times
Last edited by NightFright on Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:03 am, edited 1 time in total.
NightFright

Re: [Mapinfo] ZDoom pack for some Doom WADs

Postby SiFi270 » Sat Feb 10, 2018 8:19 am

Sorry to bump, but I just read about this little issue with crusades.wad, so I made a little mapinfo patch like the ones in this thread and thought it might be worth including among them.
SiFi270

Postby Nevander » Mon Mar 12, 2018 1:10 am

Also forgive the double bump, but I needed to upload a fixed version of the MM2 MAPINFO with the right map names and re-assigned the CWILV graphics to the intermissions. In the original fix WAD, it looks like you used the music track names instead. :wink:

MM2_MAPINFO.WAD
(5.43 KiB) Downloaded 55 times
Nevander
Banned User

Postby NightFright » Sun Apr 08, 2018 1:08 pm

Ouch... that's embarrassing! Actually my local copy is correct. This must have slipped in when I was checking the wiki for the names and checked the music list instead of the map names. I will update the pack one of these days. Thanks for finding this!
NightFright

Postby SiFi270 » Thu Apr 12, 2018 7:01 am

Hello, I'm back with patches for the Serenity trilogy and Slaughter Until Death/The Evil Unleashed. Both patches must be loaded with every wad in the collection in order to work properly. Features besides map names include cleaner M_EPI* graphics for the Serenity trilogy and integration of TEU's custom graphics for the Innocent Crew's wads, which previously would have required you to tamper with the Doom 1 IWAD in Dosbox.

Edit: Fixed a typo that made E3M6's music play a map early in Evil Unleashed.
SiFi270

Postby NightFright » Thu Jan 10, 2019 5:04 am

Finally had the time to correct the Memento Mori II mapinfo. Just redownload from the first post.
NightFright

Return to Resources