Bugged flashlight in the portals.

Is there something that doesn't work right in the latest GZDoom? Post about it here.

Moderator: GZDoom Developers

Forum rules
Please construct and post a simple demo whenever possible for all bug reports. Please provide links to everything.

If you can include a wad demonstrating the problem, please do so. Bug reports that include fully-constructed demos have a much better chance of being investigated in a timely manner than those that don't.

Please make a new topic for every bug. Don't combine multiple bugs into a single topic. Thanks!

Bugged flashlight in the portals.

Postby DOOMGABR [RU] » Thu Apr 19, 2018 1:29 pm

Video demonstration: https://youtu.be/2vf-wAR_8go

Example wad (not mine, just uploaded by me): https://drive.google.com/open?id=15ce1g ... lbXyrg1q-_
Used mod "Steve's Spotlight Flashlight": viewtopic.php?t=59429
DOOMGABR [RU]

Re: Bugged flashlight in the portals.

Postby Rachael » Sun Apr 22, 2018 12:20 am

There is a bug here, but not on the portal lines. The portal setups must be set to "Static (Eternity)" in order to transmit lights - these are only "Visual + Simple Teleporter".

The bug exists in the overhead room though - the light should work properly there and it doesn't.

Try this edited version of the map. The flashlight works a lot better, here.
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby DOOMGABR [RU] » Sun Apr 22, 2018 2:01 pm

Thanks for reply and recommendations, but still flashlight does not shine through the portal correctly. Is this issue fixable?
DOOMGABR [RU]

Postby Rachael » Mon Apr 23, 2018 1:34 am

The issue as reported - no, it is not a bug, as I have demonstrated in the attached wad. If you are experiencing this issue, then the mapper must fix their portals.

The additional issue that I found in the small portal room - I think only Graf can fix that, and I am not even sure he can or wants to.
Rachael
Webmaster

Discord: Rachael#3767
Twitch ID: madamerachelle
Github ID: madame-rachelle
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Return to Bugs