Space Cats Saga Chapter 2: Macrocosm (Update 1.5)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Space Cats Saga Chapter 2: Macrocosm (Update 1.5)

Postby DerTimmy » Sun Aug 08, 2021 6:23 pm

Illustration.png

Here it is! Space Cats Saga Chapter 2: Macrocosm!
Download and kick Demon Butts with 3 different Alien Catgirls -the Starborn! Fight your way through 15 large Maps with complete new and devastating weaponry!

DOWNLOAD CHAPTER 2
https://www.mediafire.com/file/oc95de00c89c52i/Space+Cats+Saga+Chapter+II-+Macrocosm+(Version+1.5).7z/file

Version 1.5 uploaded! New Attack animation for Yaeskas Laserlance and new Intermission Screen. Better and faster weapon switching. Fixed 2 Space Cats disappearing too soon. Better Balance for BFGs Altfire. Fixed Class Select Screen. It should show up in correct Resolution now.

Features:
-It comes with 14 Campaign Maps and 1 Secret Map
-3 playable Classes and 24 new Weapons
-Its fully compatible with Megawads and Add-Ons
-Reskins for almost all Monsters and decorates
-In every Map is one Artwork and one Space Cat with unique animations hidden to find
-Brightmaps
-designed for Pistol-Starts and continues play
-heavy use of OTEX Textures

-Use latest GZDoom!
-turn on bloom and fog for best visual effects
-menu made for widescreen settings
-best experience on Ultra Violence (but every difficulty is supported)

STORY
After Commander Aemi went missing in Chapter 1, Lux and Yaeska are sent to find her. They discover Aemis Ship floating in Space near Mars. Soon as they approach they get ambushed by an hellish Invasion. Fighting for their lives they try to find Aemis remains and the source of this Invasion.

Weaponry
Spoiler:

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
LUX- Heavy Class with strong melee attacks and hard hitting weapons

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
YAESKA- Agile Class with crowdcontrol weapons

Bonus Class (should not be played on your first playthrough)
Spoiler:

TRAILER (outdated)
Spoiler:

Let me know what you think of it! It took 8 Month to finish and i hope you like it :) Please leave Feedback!

TIPS:
Spoiler:

Want to check out Chapter 1? Get it here:
Spoiler:
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by DerTimmy on Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:05 pm, edited 11 times in total.
DerTimmy

Re: Space Cats Saga Chapter 2: Macrocosm (Release on 15.8)

Postby Doomguy914 » Sun Aug 08, 2021 11:34 pm

I can't wait to play this version! Aemi is a badass once again!
Spoiler:
I can't wait to see what the future holds for this mod and I'm very happy I was able to playtest it. :D

Should this not be under Total Conversions though? :wink:
Doomguy914

Re: Space Cats Saga Chapter 2: Macrocosm

Postby DerTimmy » Sat Aug 14, 2021 4:37 pm

Here it is! Download and start slaying!
DerTimmy

Postby Doomguy914 » Fri Aug 27, 2021 10:48 pm

I've started a playthrough of this mod's prequel Space Cats Saga Chapter 1! Feel free to leave some feedback on both the mod and the videos. :D

Doomguy914

Postby Doomguy914 » Sat Sep 25, 2021 6:04 pm

I've finished my playthrough of Space Cats Saga Chapter 1! I'll be recording and uploading a full pistol-start playthrough of Chapter 2 soon! :D

Doomguy914

Postby EZSPECIAL » Mon Oct 18, 2021 10:38 am

Reporting what I think to be 2 bugs on MAP52 Writhe in Pain, it reports 4/5 secrets but one of the secrets is inside a wall according to Doom Builder (sector 680+681). Secondly, in my case the Revenants that should be alerted and ambush at the start of the map did not do so and got stuck inside their box (sector 1373).

On a positive note, this is a huge step up from the 1st Chapter, you really did a great job on this one, having a blast!
EZSPECIAL

Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
OS Test Version: No (Using Stable Public Version)
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Postby DerTimmy » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:12 pm

EZSPECIAL wrote:Reporting what I think to be 2 bugs on MAP52 Writhe in Pain, it reports 4/5 secrets but one of the secrets is inside a wall according to Doom Builder (sector 680+681). Secondly, in my case the Revenants that should be alerted and ambush at the start of the map did not do so and got stuck inside their box (sector 1373).

On a positive note, this is a huge step up from the 1st Chapter, you really did a great job on this one, having a blast!

Hey thx for pointing it out. was looking for that "extra" secret. i will make a few tweaks and upload a fixed version. :wub:

EDIT: updated to version 1.3 and made switching weapons faster and less clunky
DerTimmy

Re: Space Cats Saga Chapter 2: Macrocosm (Update 1.5)

Postby DerTimmy » Fri Nov 05, 2021 3:03 pm

Update 1.5 is live!
-New Attack animations for Yaeskas Laserlance
-new Intermission Screen
-Better and faster weapon switching
-Fixed 2 Space Cats disappearing too soon
-Better Balance for BFGs Altfire
-Fixed Class Select Screen. It should show up in correct Resolution now.
DerTimmy

Postby Vodka » Thu Nov 18, 2021 9:34 am

I have a problem with the character model, I don't know why, but it doesn't display in third-person view, and in the first chapter everything was fine.

Start log:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Screen from game:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... .20.52.png

Any idea? Or has it not been added yet?
Vodka

Postby DerTimmy » Fri Nov 19, 2021 9:42 am

Vodka wrote:I have a problem with the character model, I don't know why, but it doesn't display in third-person view, and in the first chapter everything was fine.

Start log:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... nknown.png

Screen from game:
https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/ ... .20.52.png

Any idea? Or has it not been added yet?

im sry for that. there are currently no 3rd view models
DerTimmy

Postby Doomguy914 » Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:17 pm

Hey I tried opening the latest download up in Slade and encountered something I haven't seen before. I don't know if it's Slade at fault or this wad, but as soon as I filter results on the wad pack to anything,( usually by graphics,) my computer fans speed up like crazy and Slade locks up. I've tried plenty other wads and none of them encounter the issue. Just tired again to make sure it's still happening and it is.

Without using a filter, Slade and this wad run just fine. It's only a mild inconvenience, but it could give someone a scare for their computer.

That being said, I can't wait to re-visit this updated version. :D
Doomguy914

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects