Abysm 2: Infernal Contract -NEW VERSION 1.3- Action RPG - TC

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
jazzmaster9

Abysm 2: Infernal Contract -NEW VERSION 1.3- Action RPG - TC

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Jazzmaster Presents
The Sequel to Abysm: Dawn of Innocence is here!

Abysm 2: Infernal Contract is an action adventure GZDoom TC for Doom 2 inspired by games such as Diablo, Dark Souls and Strife. The mod features A Hub level progression where you complete quests, level up your stats, and upgrade your weapons while keeping Doom's run and gun gameplay.

The City of Hadria is under attack by the forces of Hell. As a member of the Mercenaries of Iron, you have been tasked to keep the city safe and, with the help of a Grand Scholar, stop the invasion to save the world from the certain doom.

Before Playing be sure you have atleast GZDoom V.4.2.4 and to Read the User Manual.
Also I recommend to not load this alongside other mods so that things don't break.

This Mod Features:
Spoiler:
Dropbox
ModDB

Mirror:
Mediafire

Screenshots:
Spoiler:
The Music:
The Soundtrack for Abysm 2: Was Composed by John S. Weekley (aka PRIMEVAL) Who also composed music for other well known Doom mods including Ashes 2063 and its Expansion, The Plutonia Revisited Community Project and, more famously, Arcadia Demade by Bioshock level designer Jean-Paul LeBreton. He has also done music for Short Films and game trailers.

If you want to Support John, please give him a Follow and, if you like, toss a coin to your bard.
Bandcamp
Last edited by jazzmaster9 on Mon Nov 15, 2021 10:59 pm, edited 36 times in total.
Someonewhoplaysdoom

Re: Abysm 2: Infernal Contract - Beta v.1 Action Adventure T

Post by Someonewhoplaysdoom »

Oh yess, a second part to Abyss. It looks cool. Also I see that you can have a bow along with the crossbow, some kind of Harpoonn gun, and ¿an axe? :wub: :wub:
ValeriePalerie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ValeriePalerie »

Really great mod! One bug to report, after killing the Cyber Overseer you're locked into the arena as far as I can tell.
PRIMEVAL

Post by PRIMEVAL »

One of the most ambitious mods I've played and had the pleasure of scoring. :)
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Minor update Uploaded
- Minor Texture Alignment correction
- Fixed Softlock with one of the Bosses. (thank you ValeriePalerie for catching that)
[EDIT]- Corrected Various Grammar Errors and Misspelling (thank you QuakedoomNukem for the corrections)

this current version is now beta v.1.1
ValeriePalerie wrote:Really great mod! One bug to report, after killing the Cyber Overseer you're locked into the arena as far as I can tell.
This has been fixed and is now availble in the minor update. thank you :)
Ferretmanjcdenton
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by Ferretmanjcdenton »

Yeaaaaaa ..it's here ..thanks
ValeriePalerie
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by ValeriePalerie »

Quick addendum to my previous bug report, I hadn't noticed when writing and assumed it may have been to do with the softlock, but in the latest version the game still doesn't reward you properly with the boss soul after killing the Cyber Overseer.

But beyond that, I just finished a second playthrough today because this mod basically captures what I loved most about soulslike games, that being the exploration and character development, and I can't wait to see what else you're all planning for the future!
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Update Uploaded

- Changed Mystic Helga's Soul Shard mechanic; Soul shards are now exchanged for White and Black mana.
+150 White Mana and +100 Black mana per Soul Shard
- Various Items and Chests replaced and Repositioned in the Overworld
- Removed the A_FastChase and Extra Fast modifier for the Old General, Griggs
- Fixed the XP Gain and Soul reward for the Overseer. (thank you ValeriePalerie for catching that)
- Various Geometry Changes in the Overworld map and Map 17
- Texture Alignment correction

this current version is now beta v.1.2
ValeriePalerie wrote:the game still doesn't reward you properly with the boss soul after killing the Cyber Overseer.
This has been fixed, thank you for reporting this.
ValeriePalerie wrote: But beyond that, I just finished a second playthrough today because this mod basically captures what I loved most about soulslike games, that being the exploration and character development, and I can't wait to see what else you're all planning for the future!
Thank you so much for playing out Abysm 2, I'm glad you enjoyed it.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Update uploded:
- Added Dialogue for the Tavern Keeper
player is able to full heal and purchase apples
- Changed White Mana pickup amount from 6-5
- Changed Black Mana pickup amount from 5-4
- Change Geometry on the Tavern
- Minor Texture Alignment
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

I want to ask you something. But before that, it maybe because of my GPU or my low-end laptop.

Whenever I play this mod, including abysm 1; I experienced lagging every few seconds.
Using command console "freeze" make it not lag anymore. But using "kill monsters" (then "freeze") cause me lag a lot more.

Do you know the reason why? Or I'm right it's because of my laptop.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Netheritor wrote:I want to ask you something. But before that, it maybe because of my GPU or my low-end laptop.

Whenever I play this mod, including abysm 1; I experienced lagging every few seconds.
Using command console "freeze" make it not lag anymore. But using "kill monsters" (then "freeze") cause me lag a lot more.

Do you know the reason why? Or I'm right it's because of my laptop.
Does the framedrop happen in all the maps?
the Overworld map is huge and will definitely affect the framerate due to the amount of Monsters and Geometry in there.

Also make sure there are no other mods loaded with Abysm 2

Whats your specs?
I have an MX130 GPU 4 Gb of RAM for the laptop i test this in.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Update Uploaded (This version is now Beta v1.3)
- Removed and re positioned some Health Potions in Map 02, Map 03, Map 05 and the overworld.
- Fixed the Mis-tagged Door in Map 09 (thank you Willy W. for finding this)
- Fixed the broken Slope Geometry in Map 14 (thank you Lynn for finding this)
- Change the Geometry in the Boss Arena in Map 07 to keep the Boss from getting stuck (and possibly cheesed)
jazzmaster9

Re: Abysm 2: Infernal Contract - Beta v.2 Action RPG - TC

Post by jazzmaster9 »

The Current version will now be considered Beta V.2
ModDB link will be updated Soon.
ModDB link Has been updated
Netheritor

Post by Netheritor »

Uh, yeah. Mine is that cheap intel. Been tested it with other PC that have radeon. It's smooth but still have trace of lagging.
It's just.... your lag is different from other mod lag. In other mod, if I pause and resume, it will go smooth for a few micro seconds. While yours is like..... there are specific "something" that run after a few seconds.
jazzmaster9

Post by jazzmaster9 »

Netheritor wrote:Uh, yeah. Mine is that cheap intel. Been tested it with other PC that have radeon. It's smooth but still have trace of lagging.
It's just.... your lag is different from other mod lag. In other mod, if I pause and resume, it will go smooth for a few micro seconds. While yours is like..... there are specific "something" that run after a few seconds.
Strange, What version of GZDoom are you using?
I did some tests around the Town area and got only a few drop in fames

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”