It's Real And It Kills AKA Everything Sucks- Heretic Megawad

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

It's Real And It Kills AKA Everything Sucks- Heretic Megawad

Postby enkeli33 » Sat Nov 03, 2018 9:59 am

Hi guys, I'd like to promote my project - an episode for Heretic

• Contains 9 maps (8 + one secret)
  • It's Vanilla Heretic
  • 90s style

From txt:
"I'ts Real And It kills (AKA Everything Sucks)" is a PWAD for Heretic. It contains a new episode (8 maps + one secret map).

The whole episode was made in "Heretic" format in Doom Builder 2. So basically it's Vanilla.

And because it's Vanilla, don't use jump and crouch, please.

===========================================================================
* Maps *
===========================================================================

E1M1 - The Harbor
E1M2 - The Caverns
E1M3 - In Tremor Dei
E1M4 - The City
E1M5 - The Winter
E1M6 - The Spaceship
E1M7 - The Water Maze
E1M8 - Procyon Lotor
E1M9 - House of Blood

Or

Matthias
enkeli33

Re: It's Real And It Kills AKA Everything Sucks- Heretic Meg

Postby Nems » Sat Nov 03, 2018 4:35 pm

I'm just getting back into Heretic so I will definitely give this a shot. May take me a few days but once I'm done playing it I'll leave my thoughts and comments on it. Always nice to see more Heretic stuff get released. (:
Nems
Wait what

Postby enkeli33 » Sun Nov 04, 2018 3:14 am

Nems wrote:I'm just getting back into Heretic so I will definitely give this a shot. May take me a few days but once I'm done playing it I'll leave my thoughts and comments on it. Always nice to see more Heretic stuff get released. (:

I am looking forward to your feedback :)
enkeli33

Postby Nems » Mon Nov 05, 2018 8:36 pm

I finished playing it last night and I really enjoyed it! The beginning was a bit rough for me at first as I had to resort to melee for most of level 1 but after that the difficulty stabilized itself. I really loved the use of Heretic's colorful textures and how each level focuses on one color for most of it. I think of all the levels, I was most impressed with the Spaceship one as it never even occurred to me that such a level could be made with Heretic's textures. That was a creative use of textures.

I hope you make more Heretic levels in the future. This was a blast to play. Well done. <3
Nems
Wait what

Postby enkeli33 » Tue Nov 06, 2018 1:26 am

Nems wrote:I finished playing it last night and I really enjoyed it! The beginning was a bit rough for me at first as I had to resort to melee for most of level 1 but after that the difficulty stabilized itself. I really loved the use of Heretic's colorful textures and how each level focuses on one color for most of it. I think of all the levels, I was most impressed with the Spaceship one as it never even occurred to me that such a level could be made with Heretic's textures. That was a creative use of textures.

Hi,

Thanks for your feedback! I am happy you liked it.

I wanted to make pure vanilla first, but Heretic has almost no textures, so I downloaded some on Realm667 and with them you have suddenly lots of ideas - like the Spaceship for example :D Also I am a little bored of medival in heretic, so I wanted to make something differented :)

I hope you make more Heretic levels in the future. This was a blast to play. Well done. <3

Well I want to focus on Hexen now actually :D
enkeli33

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects