It's intended as a single download that people can unzip and play on any computer, targeted at people who have either never played DOOM or anything beyond the official iD canon and the thought of downloading, configuring and launching several different engines with all kinds of weird WAD files is putting them off trying stuff out.
PortaDOOM is about having a single executable where you press a few keys and hey-presto! you're playing DOOM WADs in the correct engine with the correct settings.
Download: PortaDOOM Alpha 2 https://mega.nz/#!r4JCEZbY!6QCM6RjLuvLp ... OsFFSjajSw (572 MB)
Source Repository: https://gitlab.com/dosmag/PortaDOOM
- Complete Cacowards 2015 (other years to come in later releases)
- Commercial DOOM : DOOM1/2/Master/Final/NERVE, PSX & N64 (if you have the WADs; Steam & GOG installs detected automatically)
- Megawads: DTWID, D2TWID, NEIS, Maps of Chaos
- Total Conversions: FreeDOOM, Adventures of Square
- 96 pages of content & WADs!
- Fully portable DOOM! Config files and save games are stored with PortaDOOM, allowing for use on USB!