Another crazy idea conjured up by Jimmy and the regulars of his Twitch stream.
How (does it work)
You've befriended (and apparently married) a barrel full of blueberry paste named Violet Barrelgarde, but the demons don't understand your love.
Both of you must make it to the exit intact - if either of you dies, you must restart. Simply push her onto the exit gate to progress to the next map.
- To move Violet around the map, either push her from place to place, or pick her up with the altfire button.
- Monsters will target Violet as soon as they see her. Defend her with the limited provisions you get!
- You will be notified whenever Violet takes damage, or finds herself in hazardous material, or is left by her lonesome for a length of time. Basically it's impossible to abandon her. And besides, it's her who needs to reach the exit, not you.
- Violet sustains continuous damage when placed in blood, slime or lava. Use caution! Bio spheres will protect both you and Violet from all hazardous floors except electric floors.
- On the flipside, Violet can be gradually "refueled" in berry liquid flats, or by being pushed over medikits.
- Any time you are low on health, you can press "use" on Violet to "drink" from her, 10 health points at a time. This will bump your health up but drain hers. Furthermore this is the only way you'll be able to heal as medikits and stimpacks will only affect Violet.
- Violet can pick up items for you, transferring things like weapons, ammo and keys to you. She will take health and armor for herself, though, and certain powerups.
- Your fist has been outfitted with 20 times more kickback than usual, and this becomes even more powerful with berserk. Use it to your advantage, but only if you must! Smacking your honey, even in the name of escaping Hell, is not a light matter.
- You can reset the level by forcefully detonating Violet with the weapon in slot 0.
Resource PK3 w/ maps (v0.2.1)
"Vinesauce Edition" (Essentially 0.1.6 with some very minor aesthetic alterations)
Comment away and please feel free to tell me I'm weird.
Spoiler: Full Credits
Feel free to make user maps!
Yes. A map for this is super simple to make - heck, I threw together the map in the demo WAD in about 20 minutes. Everything is done through the ACS library so any format include Vanilla Doom 2 is viable - the level simply ends when the new barrel (actor name "Violet", editor number 30000) is discovered to be on a specific flat (named "EXITFLAT").
The final map order for this set is already decided upon so I'm not looking for submissions to this project directly, but I'm still incredibly interested in seeing what folks can come up with.