Fading Corpses Universal (AKA I hate leaving corpses lying)

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Beed28

Fading Corpses Universal (AKA I hate leaving corpses lying)

Post by Beed28 »

I'm one of the few people who absolutely hates leaving monster corpses lying around, cluttering up the place. Thankfully, with the power of A_RadiusGive and A_FadeOut, slain monsters will slowly fade away to nothingness, thus, solving the eternal problem of those massive Cacodemon corpses obscuring your view. It also works with almost anything. Doom monsters, Heretic monsters, Hexen monsters, even custom monsters, you name it.

Requires the latest SVN revisions of ZDoom or GZDoom!
Fading_Corpses_Universal_V1.0.wad
(899 Bytes) Downloaded 1508 times
Spoiler: Changelog
Spoiler: Known Issues
Greyfalll

Re: Fading Corpses Universal (AKA I hate leaving corpses lyi

Post by Greyfalll »

Hey Beed, I made an update for this that should fix the Archvile/Nightmare/Really long monster death issues; All I did was give the monsters a special item which is given from the "FadingCorpses_FadeItem" to keep track of if it faded or not, then made another FadeGiver that fades monsters in if they are not dead and have that item(which also removes said item when they have become opaque to keep compatability with monsters that like to mess around with their alpha). Here: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/766xjru8ku3aoj ... G.wad?dl=0
Cheers!
Nevander

Post by Nevander »

Beed28 wrote:- Because the monster actors are removed after fading out, monsters will not respawn with either the Nightmare! difficulty or if sv_monsterrespawn is on.
So it has a side effect of making Nightmare into Ultra-Violence 2.0 or something. Not sure if that's cool or bad... the thing that makes Nightmare so hard is the fact that they respawn. Now it will be like a harder UV, but with more ammo.
Beed28

Post by Beed28 »

Greyfalll wrote:Hey Beed, I made an update for this that should fix the Archvile/Nightmare/Really long monster death issues; All I did was give the monsters a special item which is given from the "FadingCorpses_FadeItem" to keep track of if it faded or not, then made another FadeGiver that fades monsters in if they are not dead and have that item(which also removes said item when they have become opaque to keep compatability with monsters that like to mess around with their alpha). Here: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/766xjru8ku3aoj ... G.wad?dl=0
Cheers!
Good job! The only gripe I found so far with this is that spectres don't "vanish" like the other corpses.
Greyfalll

Post by Greyfalll »

Beed28 wrote:
Greyfalll wrote:Hey Beed, I made an update for this that should fix the Archvile/Nightmare/Really long monster death issues; All I did was give the monsters a special item which is given from the "FadingCorpses_FadeItem" to keep track of if it faded or not, then made another FadeGiver that fades monsters in if they are not dead and have that item(which also removes said item when they have become opaque to keep compatability with monsters that like to mess around with their alpha). Here: https://dl.dropbox.com/s/766xjru8ku3aoj ... G.wad?dl=0
Cheers!
Good job! The only gripe I found so far with this is that spectres don't "vanish" like the other corpses.
Yeah, it seems to be an issue with the "Fuzzy" render style on actors. Not sure if it's a bug or if that's just the way it is. :shrug:
BFG

Post by BFG »

how will the Archvile ressurrect enemies if the corpses are gone?
hima3009

Post by hima3009 »

How can i increase the time of which the corpses laying around before fading out?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”