Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC! (MARCH 2022 AND ANNOUNCEMENT!)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Dude27th

Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC! (MARCH 2022 AND ANNOUNCEMENT!)

Post by Dude27th »

[Check my Twitter for the latest updates ^^: https://twitter.com/Dude27th]

This is my "Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC" mod:

Zombies Ate My Neighbors TC is a Total Conversion mod that aims to recreate the videogame by LucasArts "Zombies Ate My Neighbors" as a first person shooter, recreating the levels of the game as maps in a pseudo 3D environment.
Not always beign 1:1 but regularly aiming for a good 1:1 conversion as long as it doesn't detract for the pace of the game.
And if there is a way to remake something in GZDoom then I'll surely give it chance c:

Old Alpha Stuff:
Spoiler:
More unnecesary development info:
Spoiler:
Screenshots:

More Videos:
Spoiler: March 2020 Demo
Spoiler: 2019 Demos

Credits:
Spoiler:
Changelog: (From Newest to Oldest)
Spoiler:
And yes , if you want to try it here are the download links ^^:

DOWNLOAD HERE ^^: (Both 64bit GZDoom and 32bit LZDoom included!)

Patreon :
https://www.patreon.com/posts/new-march-demo-64539891
(Don't worry is a public post ^^)

Mirror in ModDB:
https://www.moddb.com/mods/zombies-doom ... ugfix-demo

Old Demos:
Spoiler:
Social Links:
My Twitter: https://twitter.com/Dude27th
Patreon: https://www.patreon.com/Dude27th

Also if you want to contact me directly you can send me a message in my Twitter as it is where I am more active! ^^
Thanks for reading! ^^
Last edited by Dude27th on Tue Apr 12, 2022 1:50 am, edited 30 times in total.
BFG

Re: Zombies Doomed My Neighbors !- Zombies Ate My Neighbors

Post by BFG »

I also had this idea, so i'm, glad you made this. I think it would need some sort of radar to know where the monsters are (to make up for not being birds eye view). Also I know you want to maintain the pixelated style but maybe put on an option to toggle on for new monster and decoration sprites, and recreate all the monsters by mixing different FPS monster sprites together, that would be neat to be able to have that option!
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

BFG wrote: Also I know you want to maintain the pixelated style but maybe put on an option to toggle on for new monster and decoration sprites, and recreate all the monsters by mixing different FPS monster sprites together, that would be neat to be able to have that option!

Yeah, but why ? That will make to lose all the point of the mod :|

EDIT: Well maybe some customs monsters would be nice if they still fit the style , but what do you mean with "mixing different FPS monster sprites together" ? It sound like a frankestein abomination but probably I just get it wrong.
Last edited by Dude27th on Sat Jul 16, 2016 11:15 am, edited 1 time in total.
afguynwh

Post by afguynwh »

This actually looks really cool. I would help you, but I have no idea how to code or anything like that. Hopefully, some people will step up to help you! I think this mod could become awesome once the ball actually starts rolling. :D
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

This looks pretty cool, but I've gotta ask: why're you using Skulltag in 2016 when Zandronum exists? S'kinda weird, dude.

Also, why did you just dump your entire Skulltag folder into a zip, iwad included? That's kinda slightly illegal... and also makes me wonder if the other posters so far even downloaded your mod to try it... >.>

And a final edit, you didn't even put the actual mod in the zip, just a shortcut to wherever the mod is on your computer. Uh...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

twinkieman93 wrote:This looks pretty cool, but I've gotta ask: why're you using Skulltag in 2016 when Zandronum exists? S'kinda weird, dude.

Also, why did you just dump your entire Skulltag folder into a zip, iwad included? That's kinda slightly illegal... and also makes me wonder if the other posters so far even downloaded your mod to try it... >.>

And a final edit, you didn't even put the actual mod in the zip, just a shortcut to wherever the mod is on your computer. Uh...
Not necessarily illegal; the Doom2.wad included with it is Freedoom.
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

wildweasel wrote:Not necessarily illegal; the Doom2.wad included with it is Freedoom.
Really? Guess you would have to rename it for it to work with Skulltag... still, there's no actual mod here, pls fix modder. I did mean it when I said this looks pretty cool, hehe.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

twinkieman93 wrote:
wildweasel wrote:Not necessarily illegal; the Doom2.wad included with it is Freedoom.
Really? Guess you would have to rename it for it to work with Skulltag...
Yeah , I renamed it so Skulltag take it by default , I aimed it to skulltag because I started with a old computer working on it and Skulltag was the best source port which work, so that's why.
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

twinkieman93 wrote:
... still, there's no actual mod here, pls fix modder.
...... What ? .....

I guess did you mean that is not properly packed and I'll gonna fix that in a proper release of the mod, but "there's no actual mod here" .... dude , that's rude. I could say that you don't exist too, but that would lead to nothing. It's better face it and accept that; I exist, you exist, and this mod also exist too.
VGAce

Post by VGAce »

hah! this looks great

keep in mind zombies ate your neighbors is basicaly a sequel to ghoul patrol
another game with the same mechanics and nice sprites
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

VGAce wrote:keep in mind zombies ate your neighbors is basicaly a sequel to ghoul patrol
I thought Ghoul Patrol was the sequel? *shrug*
twinkieman93

Post by twinkieman93 »

El_Sombrerero wrote:
twinkieman93 wrote:
... still, there's no actual mod here, pls fix modder.
...... What ? .....

I guess did you mean that is not properly packed and I'll gonna fix that in a proper release of the mod, but "there's no actual mod here" .... dude , that's rude. I could say that you don't exist too, but that would lead to nothing. It's better face it and accept that; I exist, you exist, and this mod also exist too.
No, no, I'm not saying your mod doesn't exist, but, there's not an actual mod file in the file you uploaded, is what I mean. Like, take a look; there is no actual mod file anywhere in that archive.
...On a second look, though, it looks like you just put everything in the skins folder. I apologize, but, you know, I think my confusion is justified. >.>
wildweasel

Post by wildweasel »

Yeah, um...maybe it'd be better if you only uploaded the files specifically related to the mod instead?
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

Yeah, I'm gonna do that
Dude27th

Post by Dude27th »

VGAce wrote:hah! this looks great

keep in mind zombies ate your neighbors is basicaly a sequel to ghoul patrol

I think that Ghoul Patrol is the sequel. But maybe I could be wrong. :?
But what was the point by the way?
I mean, I know Ghoul Patrol and also like a that game, but what was the motive to mention it?

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”