[Resumed]Yuki's ZDoom 64 - Accurate D64 in ZDoom

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Would you join a community mapping project for this?

Yes
33%
No
29%
Maybe
38%

Total votes: 21

YukiHerz
Global Moderator
Graphics Processor: Intel (Modern GZDoom)

[Resumed]Yuki's ZDoom 64 - Accurate D64 in ZDoom

Post by YukiHerz »

I've always wanted to see Doom 64 running on ZDoom, obviously that wont happen and this isn't exactly it, but this was made by looking at the actor definitions from Doom 64 Ex, making sure all frames, duration and effects are translated as close as possible (and by that i mean, almost everything is 100% faithful to what the D64EX source code says).

BUT, that's not it, this file comes with no graphic or sound resource of its own, instead it requires creation of a container file with all the necessary assets, below you'll find a resumed guide on how to create this file.
IMPORTANT
Do not, DO NOT SHARE SAID FILE with the resources AND DO NOT ASK FOR IT EITHER.

What do you need beforehand?
-The Doom 64 Wad extracted from your copy of the game, DO NOT ASK FOR EITHER THE DOOM64 WAD OR THE ROM FILE.
SuperSomariDX(Regarding Sound converting) wrote: Or just run it through foobar2000's foo-midi component with the d64 soundfont loaded and right click all the tracks, convert, then to ogg they go.
Spoiler: Guide
If anyone can make a better detailed guide then be my guest.
Spoiler: Recolored Sprites
Same for this one.

Downloads:
-Text64.pk3
--This file contains all the Decorate, TEXTURES.Stuff and other text lumps that make this possible.
-Chris' Doom 64 Sounds: http://forum.zdoom.org/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=19403
--You'll have to use these if you want D64 sounds for now, i know it defeats the purpose of not offering the game's resources in the download, but i can't think of anything to change that for now.
-Yuki64.pk3
--An extra mod with modified weapons, other stuff will be added in the future, load last.

Load Order:
-Doom64.pk3
-Text64.pk3
-Doom64Extra.pk3(File with the recolored shotgunner, nightmare, spectre and baron).
-D64sounds.pk3(Optional)

To Do:
-Finetune the Scales.

How is this possible?
-TEXTURES lumps, many hand-crafted TEXTURES lumps and other files, my wrist is hurting from so much writing.

What does this exactly have?
-Almost everything that matters, no maps, because i don't think they can be converted with ease.

Screenshots:
Spoiler: Big updated pics
ImageImageImageImageImage

Screenshots(Outdated):
ImageImageImageImageImageImage

Credits!:

Code: Select all

Text64.pk3:
ID Software, Midway
Aubrey Hodges & All the personnel involved in
the original Doom games and Doom 64.

Kaiser and all those who helped make Doom 64 EX.

The Zdoom Community, special thanks to
Blue Shadow, Wild Weasel, Loismustdie555,
Mayhem666, Volumetric Steve, Mallo,
The Zombie Killer, SuperSomariDX,
Demo the man & many others.

Yuki64.pk3:
ID, Midway
Cage
Last edited by YukiHerz on Mon Feb 15, 2016 9:14 pm, edited 8 times in total.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Re: [WIP]YHDoom 64

Post by YukiHerz »

First update:
-The Shotgun Guy, Nightmare Imp, Spectre and Baron of Hell can now use their own sprites, but will fall back to the Zombieman, Imp, Demon and Knight sprites if they are not supplied, use the palettes from doom 64 and the intuitiveness of slade 3 to obtain their recolored sprites, the Shotgunner set should be named TPOS, the Nightmare Imp should be named TRON, the Spectre should be named SPCT and the Baron should be named BOS1.

-Fixed small behaviors and values, fixed the arachnotron only firing one plasma, fixed animations for powerups, given the Cacodemon a Missilemore flag for the moment.

-Fixed random player gibbing sprites when playing doom 1/ultimate/freedoom phase 1.

-Nightmare Imp now replaces Chaingun guy.

-Added Original Hud (Keys display on the top left and it has the ability to show inventory and secondary ammo).

-Added replaces to certain props, ignore the two errors in the console please :p.

Link already updated.
Last edited by YukiHerz on Wed Feb 03, 2016 11:39 am, edited 1 time in total.
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

So this is a replacement wad but fine tuned so sprites and actors don't have odd behaviors?
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Post by YukiHerz »

Yes, exactly, you just need to supply it the actual sprites and graphics as explained in the main post.
Matsilagi
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Legacy GZDoom)

Post by Matsilagi »

Wroked fine, except that the shotgunners are using their default sprite for me.

Aside from that, nice work, rest seems perfect.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Post by YukiHerz »

I forgot to add how the load order should be, and a small guide on obtaining the recolored sprites, either you just happened to miss something or you just didn't notice the difference :p.
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

HazeBandicoot wrote:I forgot to add how the load order should be, and a small guide on obtaining the recolored sprites, either you just happened to miss something or you just didn't notice the difference :p.
I know about the D64 shotgunner beign equal, problem here is that it REALLY didn't load the sprite because it still uses the small original Doom sprite.
And yes, i copied the files correctly.

EDIT:Just saw the guide, gonna try to understand it.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Post by YukiHerz »

Wait, you mean vanilla doom sprites?
Could you take a screenshot? i can't seem to reproduce this on my end (with the same file).

Edit: It was in fact, my error, i feel dumb now.

Fixed file uploaded, i forgot to set the textures definitions to Sprite instead of Graphic, also new file has the first preview of the mother demon (Summon 64Resurrector).

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, recolored sprites must now be named TPOS instead of SPOS for the shotgun guy, make sure you edit your files accordingly.
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

HazeBandicoot wrote:Wait, you mean vanilla doom sprites?
Could you take a screenshot? i can't seem to reproduce this on my end (with the same file).

Edit: It was in fact, my error, i feel dumb now.

Fixed file uploaded, i forgot to set the textures definitions to Sprite instead of Graphic, also new file has the first preview of the mother demon (Summon 64Resurrector).

EDIT 2: Forgot to mention, recolored sprites must now be named TPOS instead of SPOS for the shotgun guy, make sure you edit your files accordingly.
Thanks a lot, all works well now, congrats!

Also, the Mother Demon is hard as fuck, that is amazing!
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Post by YukiHerz »

Like a final boss should be :P.
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Re: [Finished]YHDoom 64

Post by YukiHerz »

Uploaded final version for now, all monsters, all weapons, all projectiles, all props except the trees, all textures+a few TEXTURES.txt variants, Resurrector.

There's still a few things to do, but since they are minor i've postponed them for later:
-Make decorate entries for the trees and Non Blocking versions of hanging props.
-Fix any irregularities with the weapons.
-Finetune the scales.
-Create a custom Playpal for Zdoom users.

Now a question for the community, would you like to see a community map project to create "Official" maps for this project? an alternate campaign to the events of Doom 64?

Edit: Re-uploaded file because i derped hard.
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

Is the Unmaker appearing on the main campaign?

Also, does it have the upgrades?
YukiHerz
Global Moderator

Post by YukiHerz »

At the moment the Unmaker doesn't replace anything nor is dropped by any monster, same with the keys, the weapon will jump to the upgraded fire modes depending on your WeaponPower amount, which is an inventory, use Give WeaponPower 1 to get a WeaponPower:

-The first time the laser shot will be a faster version with more damage.
-The second time it will shoot two fast lasers in a small spread, effectively making it useless at long distances.
-The third time it will shoot three fast lasers, two in small angles to the sides and one to the front, restoring long distance usage.

I hope to add the unmaker in the campaign, which i'm holding off of making at the moment as i wait for a friend who wants to map for it as he's busy with his life atm, however i'll give some information regarding the maps:

-Aiming at UDMF.
-The maps have to be playable in Zdoom, Gzdoom stuff can be used but it shouldn't interfere gameplay for those using zdoom.
-Additional textures and variations can be added by mappers, these will be later merged into the megawad's wad/pk3.
-I don't wanna make it 32 levels as i feel like not many are up to playing that many levels anyways, i was thinking either 10 maps or 16.
-Extra multiplayer maps are also planned.
Matsilagi

Post by Matsilagi »

HazeBandicoot wrote:At the moment the Unmaker doesn't replace anything nor is dropped by any monster, same with the keys, the weapon will jump to the upgraded fire modes depending on your WeaponPower amount, which is an inventory, use Give WeaponPower 1 to get a WeaponPower:

-The first time the laser shot will be a faster version with more damage.
-The second time it will shoot two fast lasers in a small spread, effectively making it useless at long distances.
-The third time it will shoot three fast lasers, two in small angles to the sides and one to the front, restoring long distance usage.

I hope to add the unmaker in the campaign, which i'm holding off of making at the moment as i wait for a friend who wants to map for it as he's busy with his life atm, however i'll give some information regarding the maps:

-Aiming at UDMF.
-The maps have to be playable in Zdoom, Gzdoom stuff can be used but it shouldn't interfere gameplay for those using zdoom.
-Additional textures and variations can be added by mappers, these will be later merged into the megawad's wad/pk3.
-I don't wanna make it 32 levels as i feel like not many are up to playing that many levels anyways, i was thinking either 10 maps or 16.
-Extra multiplayer maps are also planned.
I have a rather cool idea, but i don't know if it's possible
Make it spawn the BFG if the player doesn't have it, when it gets the BFG, all BFG spawns are replaced with Unmakers, got the Unmaker aswell? Spawn the PowerUps (Keys), doing that will make it so those only appeares rarely, so you can use them without cheating.
Marnetmar

Post by Marnetmar »

HDoom 64 when?

Return to “Gameplay Mods”