Memoirs of Magic

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Memoirs of Magic

Postby TheStrawberryOctopus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:04 pm

Hello there Everyone; Strawberry Octopus Here!

I have been working on this project for the last month of two, the project being the first I have worked on, and I am finally happy to showcase:
Image

This is a Fantasy Doom Total Conversion Mod which I am working with in GZdoom!

Before beginning, I would like to thank Terminus for helping me out with some of the more difficult aspects of coding this. He has helped me a lot when it came to learning Slade!

In terms of news updates for this mod, I plan to showcase every weapon that has been created with the mod first. Due to the amount of weapons and information regarding them, I hope you don't mind me updating this thread once a day, as they is a lot of information to cover!

Below you will find a List of the Current Updates, Imaginary, Sprite work and Videos below. They will be all organized in their respective categories

Trailers
Spoiler:


Weapon Showcase

Spoiler:



Official Artwork

Spoiler:


Sprite Work
Spoiler:
Last edited by TheStrawberryOctopus on Tue Jun 27, 2017 8:52 am, edited 35 times in total.
User avatar
TheStrawberryOctopus
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2015

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby wildweasel » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:28 pm

Welcome to the forums. You may want to look at the Official ZDoom Community Rules, where I have cleverly hidden left instructions on using the YouTube tag.
User avatar
wildweasel
I love the smell of sourdough in the morning
 
Joined: 15 Jul 2003
Location: avatar by kurashiki

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby TheStrawberryOctopus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:29 pm

wildweasel wrote:Welcome to the forums. You may want to look at the Official ZDoom Community Rules, where I have cleverly hidden left instructions on using the YouTube tag.


Oh fudge, sorry about that.

I honestly though it wouldn't appear in the preview tab. Let me fix that relatively quick like!
User avatar
TheStrawberryOctopus
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2015

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:31 pm

Sounds also thumbnail looks neat! Gotta wait for the video!
User avatar
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Urban Clustermess
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby TheStrawberryOctopus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 12:44 pm

Oh yes, I was able to fix the video now, Sorry about that guys!

Thanks Weasel, I wasn't aware you had to snip the "watch" bit out of the link!
User avatar
TheStrawberryOctopus
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2015

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:23 pm

i've watched the video, and i say, goodness gracious! it looks absolutely neat!

but i think an axe needs more animations. returning to the idle sequence is like teleporting, otherwise it makes it awkward.

and terminus? you mean terminusest13?
User avatar
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Urban Clustermess
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby TheStrawberryOctopus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:29 pm

Captain J wrote:i've watched the video, and i say, goodness gracious! it looks absolutely neat!

but i think an axe needs more animations. returning to the idle sequence is like teleporting, otherwise it makes it awkward.

and terminus? you mean terminusest13?


Yes, Terminuest is a good buddy of mine!

He's helped me with a few things such as learning ACS and overall answering any questions I have regarding Zdoom programming!

Also I know what you are referring too in terms of how quickly the axe swings. I based the swinging animation for the weapons after games like Daggerfall
User avatar
TheStrawberryOctopus
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2015

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby Captain J » Sun Dec 27, 2015 1:45 pm

so that was intentional, then. can't wait for the demo release!
User avatar
Captain J
Oh... Oh hi!
 
Joined: 02 Oct 2012
Location: Urban Clustermess
Discord: DiscussJ#3128

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby zrrion the insect » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:27 pm

This looks pretty great. I can't wait to see more.
User avatar
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.
 
Joined: 25 Jun 2009
Location: Time Station 1: Moon of Glendale

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby chronoteeth » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:45 pm

this is a totally terrible thing to instigate, buuut

this IS gonna be sfw, right?
User avatar
chronoteeth
abubub
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby TheStrawberryOctopus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:47 pm

chronoteeth wrote:this is a totally terrible thing to instigate, buuut

this IS gonna be sfw, right?


Yes!

Spoiler:


In fact, this mod is not going to have any gore at all, despite the fact they will be plenty of gibs. Gibs are always satisfying, even when they is no gore.
User avatar
TheStrawberryOctopus
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2015

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby Nash » Sun Dec 27, 2015 2:51 pm

Always love seeing non-Doom projects around here. Keep it up!
User avatar
Nash
Nash Muhandes [Audio Engineer | Game Designer | Scripting]
 
Joined: 27 Oct 2003
Location: Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby chronoteeth » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:22 pm

TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:this is a totally terrible thing to instigate, buuut

this IS gonna be sfw, right?


Yes!

Spoiler:


In fact, this mod is not going to have any gore at all, despite the fact they will be plenty of gibs. Gibs are always satisfying, even when they is no gore.


no no, not gibs, but I think you know what I mean! Thank you for the clear up
User avatar
chronoteeth
abubub
 
Joined: 08 Sep 2004

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby TheStrawberryOctopus » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:30 pm

no no, not gibs, but I think you know what I mean! Thank you for the clear up


Nono, I know what you meant, but I also mean the game will have no gore too!

Like, in every account, this game should be sfw!
User avatar
TheStrawberryOctopus
 
Joined: 27 Dec 2015

Re: Memoirs of Magic

Postby phantombeta » Sun Dec 27, 2015 3:54 pm

chronoteeth wrote:
TheStrawberryOctopus wrote:
chronoteeth wrote:this is a totally terrible thing to instigate, buuut

this IS gonna be sfw, right?


Yes!

Spoiler:


In fact, this mod is not going to have any gore at all, despite the fact they will be plenty of gibs. Gibs are always satisfying, even when they is no gore.


no no, not gibs, but I think you know what I mean! Thank you for the clear up

What do you mean? O_o
User avatar
phantombeta
Fear the black wings of death
 
Joined: 02 May 2013
Location: The United Soviet Socialist Dictatorship of Hueland (BRASIL CARAI)
Discord: phantombeta#2461

Next

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: Yahoo [Bot] and 4 guests