[slow WIP] Shadows of Apocalypse - BETA public DEMO

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
ramon.dexter
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

[slow WIP] Shadows of Apocalypse - BETA public DEMO

Post by ramon.dexter »

Shadows of Apocalypse

Post apocalyptic, open world story driven rpg like Strife total conversion.

features:
- hub based world
- strife-like gameplay with strong emphasis on main story and sidequests
- detailed world filled with hand crated voxel models and sprites
- new enemies (mainly from realm667)
- new weapons
- new items (mainly from realm667)
- new HUD - classic doom and new experimental layout
- radiation system (credits to Vostyok&Gez)
- use to pickup by argv&gutawer
- tilt++ by nash
- edge climbing by dodopod
- spriteshadow by nash
- quit messages by AFAdoomer
- spotlight actor flahlight by steve
- duke nukem styled powerups that could be activated and deactivated
- camping system

The story will take place in post-world-war III Bohemia. I would not reveal much of it, since it's still in progress. I have created a rough concept of a story and complete concept of a world.

Rough story sketch:
There was a great war. Noone knows who started it, and it doesn't matter. The atomic war was not so bad as everyone expected. Some places were not so badly destoyed, like the Bohemian lands, People emerged from their shelters and begun a new life, again. And with people returned greed and power struggle. One of the many power groups are the rangers. The so-called guardians of peace. The player will be a ranger, send to inspect why the main base does not respond to radio calls. During his yourney he will encounter many mutated creatures, as well as many friendly npc's and vendors. But this is only rough sketch and could be changed in the future.

Progress:
I'm planning to create total conversion, with many new acs driven mechanis. I'm skilled in drawing sprites and I have lately learned how to create voxel modesl, so I'm making completely new voxel based props. But the work is little bit overwhleming, so if anyone would volunteer, I would be happy.

I have yet created one map as finished, and one maps is in progress. I'm planning to have at least 20 maps, with various size.

I have already created a new weapon set, with weapons downloaded from realm667, and also created two new weapons myself. For the items, I have downloaded and modified some new inventory based items - mainly new healing items and ammo items. The weapons have reaload states.

For immersion, I have implemented USDF based dialogues for conversations and terminal interaction. The USDF is pretty easy to use, so it could be used in many ways.

Download is not yet planned, since it is in very early alpha state. I have the sources stripped in many files, so I have to pack the resources first before the release. So please don't ask, it is very early state. But if anyone wants to try, I can pack it and you can try it in gzdoom builder.

And also because I'm from czech, I developing it in czech language. The release will be translated into english, but only the dialogues. The graphics will be still in czech. The story takes place in czech, so the signs, ets. will be in czech. Sorry, we don't speak english here. The stalker series had sign in cyrillic, so czech in latin script is more easy to read and translate :)

Some pics:
Spoiler:
CREDITS:
Spoiler:
DOWNLOAD LINK:
BETA PUBLIC DEMO
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1hiAYF ... R0LrQuW5K9

CAMPING GEAR:
https://drive.google.com/open?id=1y4Wzr ... cOg6swpvGv
Last edited by ramon.dexter on Wed Sep 12, 2018 11:54 am, edited 45 times in total.
sonic_HD87

Re: [WIP] Shadows of Apocalypse

Post by sonic_HD87 »

too good to be WIP.

I love those voxels! :wub:
TheMightyHeracross

Post by TheMightyHeracross »

Make sure you turn off cyborg conversion before using the surgery machine!

Joking aside, this looks great. I can't wait for a release (but take your time)!
doony

Post by doony »

I really want the demo, this looks fantastic, in special this machinegun, amazing work with the sprites there
thonglover
Graphics Processor: ATI/AMD (Modern GZDoom)

Post by thonglover »

Im hyped for this now.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Wow
.ex.inferis.

Post by .ex.inferis. »

Why do I have to wait to play iiittttttt argh
oODemonologistOo

Post by oODemonologistOo »

Looks like a S.T.A.L.K.E.R. or Fallout inspired mod. Can't wait!
Nash

Post by Nash »

Holy fuck, ten fucking thumbs up. Keep it up!
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Some new screenies and info update!!

The screens in the first post are actually from unifinished second map.

Here are some pics of the finished first map. I can pack the things up and release some pre-alpha release, just to take a look and the feeling of the mod. But only MAYBE, if I have time. I'm a busy man, with a family and a job. and, well, it's christmas time, so I have other things to do :)

I have some npcs here, but they are only static sprites. I will include a USDF conversation into them, but they are all static. If anyone would volunteer to animate them, I can make rest of the decorate job. I'm little bit skilled artist, but the animation and rotations is way off my skills, so if you want this project to be way more advanced, I would be very grateful if anyone would lend a helping hand.

Also, there is one strange thing. I'm using some fence textures. The textures are 256x128 pixels TEXTURES. I want these textures to be lower, so I scale them by 2. In software render, everything's OK. In opengl, the lower 1 pixel is stretched all the way down from the rest of the texture, making strange effect. I have described it in one of the pics below. I need some advice, how to fix this in the engine. The other way to solve this is to stretch the texture physically, which lowers the quality...and I don't like this. Especially for the fences, higher res texture is better because of the details and stuff. So I need to fix this in engine. Maybe it's some strange setting in my gzdoom, so if anyone would help me, I would be happy.
Spoiler:
Vostyok
Preferred Pronouns: No Preference

Re: [WIP] Shadows of Apocalypse - new screens (23/12/2015)

Post by Vostyok »

My cockroaches!!! Don't hurt them!
Nash

Post by Nash »

ramon.dexter wrote:it's a remote base, so you have to grow your own food...
Spoiler:
It just works (I hope)!
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

The roaches are sweeties :wub:
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

I see a lot of material in the screenshots exclusively created for WolfenDoom Blade of Agony but I have never gotten a pm asking for permission to use these...
ramon.dexter

Post by ramon.dexter »

Yes... Sorry, but I completely forgot to ask. My apologies.

One big sorry for all who will recognize their work - just notice me and I will pour ash on my head. I'm a messy person, so sometimes I browse the web and save everything that I like, but without writing down authors name. So don"t think I present everything as purely my own job - no way. But the internet is full of people and I sometimes forget where I downloaded this or that. Big sorry. Especially for master tomentor, I just forgot to ask. Sorry again. :oops:

PS: And the nukage barrels...these will be also replaced by voxels...and the grass..

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”