I'm new in the Doom Modding Scene. (German User) This are my first steps with the doombuilder. First: I've played in the 90's any 3D FPS Amiga Games. Alien Breed 3D 1+2, Fears, NemcIV, Genetic Species etc..
I have Successfully create a backup from my HD on Real Amiga 4000/PPC to work under Winuae. I've found the Orignal Source Code to Aline Breed 3D 1 and 2. At the same time i played handful Doom Games under zDooom and gzDoom and tried other Ports. I look the other mods and the Potential of zdoom/gzdoom
I thought... i have the the Original Source Code. Also the GFX,SFX,OST,Mission Text and all the Devpac Assembler files.
This is my first Work in progress. Alien Breed 3D - The Killing Gounds i try to create all the same features the comes from AB3D Engine how Multiples Floor, Transparent Waters port to gzDoom. Original textures, Level Design, Enemys etc.. If is the finished and the HD version too. You can create AB3D Levels self
Software i used:
On PC: Adobe PS CS2, Audition 3.0, Slab6, DoomFontGen and other Font tool to Convert Amiga Fonts to PC Font, Editors, Directory Opus 10, gzDoomBuilder, Blender etc..
On Amiga: Personal Paint (to convert the Anim States and other things), Audiomaster for few IFF SFX to WAV they don't understand Audtion . Directory Opus 4.xx
Most of the
Things i have done:
- All the Fonts stuff
- Hud (Can be used for default doom games too). the hud comes with 2 variant for Display Size 10 + 11. First is the vairnt from AB3D 1 games second comes from Ab3D2 Game. I had to reArranged the hus to 16:9 stuff
- Game OST and Ambient Sound (Convertet From Protracker/Octmed)
- All the Textures.
- HD Textures (This is for a Extended Version from Killing Ground) (will be Optional!)
- Sprites. Not All Convertet but not builded. Important: All the original Sprites from Alien Breed 3D 1 and 2 does'nt have the P2,P8,P4,P6 angle states. If any will, can be make these Sprites I build the Sprites Lump without the angle states.
- SFX Convertet
- Mission texts. It comes in a English and German version (Only Mission Text)
- Missing a few Features how footeps etc...
Limitation: Is really builded for a 16:9/16:10 Resolution
- The Most steps in the World are to 'big'. i adjust them.
- The FPS Guy on AB3D 1 is ~32Pixels wide. Our Doomguy is too wide and pass not through the door with 32pixels.I must recalculate the Map (most Rooms and doors) size to Doom Size.
Here are the Videos. First Video show the Plain Level under Amiga the second video show my work in Progress with the first Level
Map screen (Remember, Alien Breed 3D 1 doesn't have a Automap). I Create the Maps at the same Time to play the AB3D on Winuae on Second Screen
Here are my Works and the Original Textures, Sprites from Team17's Source Code
i would like thanks to all the other Modder and Creators in the Doom Scene and Team 17 and John Girvin for the qbreed Archive
...And yes i'm the coder from the LH.idTech1(Start,i).