Spoiler: older but better-looking video
* What is this?
A ZDoom/GZDoom conversion (mostly) of Immoral Conduct, a weapon and general gameplay mod from 2002 for EDGE. The original creator, Cory Whittle, pretty explicitly said not to use the art assets from it, so I didn't (with the exception of about four small things). Instead, it's all code; you load it with the original EDGE version of the file and get the graphics and sounds from there.
* Isn't there already somebody doing this?
Yes. Before their thread appeared I had started doing it and stopped partway through, not thinking that I'd ever get back to it (and asking if they wanted what I had done to make their lives easier). Then a few months later I started working on it again because of something people call the Sunk Costs Fallacy. Besides, there's no fewer than three WolfenDoom projects and like a dozen Brutal Doom variants. One more of this isn't going to hurt.
* Is it accurate?
...mostly. EDGE can do things DECORATE can't (and vice versa) and I tried to smooth out the weapon animations as best I could with the Offset property. I'd say it's about 94% accurate, with the other 6% hopefully being subtle, non-obtrusive, or possibly nonexistent. Or an improvement, in the case of shotgun reloading.
On the positive side, the ICD-DDF documentation is basically still applicable, with a few differences:
Spoiler: including but not limited to* Is it done?
Provided nobody finds any earth-shattering bugs it's as done as it's gonna be, yes.
* What about the kill count UI and helper marines?
Having a HUD that tracks when all of a particular enemy are dead is, perhaps, not as useful on an engine that normally tracks the amount of enemies on a given map, and one with so many custom enemies and where enemies can be spawned in at a moment's notice. As for helper marines... EDGE didn't have multiplayer capability at the time, and having AI of dubious worth spawn on co-op starts would cause problems with netplay.
* >Zdoom >netplay
BE THAT AS IT MAY
1. Download "Immoral Conduct DDF Special Edition" (oh god the link on Cory's page 404's I think this might actually be the last place you can download the original mod at the moment)
2. Download one of the following:
* (G)ZDoom patch Version 3.
* "New" Graphics Version 3, containing sprite replacements for the Uzi trooper and SSG guy.
3. Launch ZDoom or GZDoom with both wad files. Both of them. This is important.
Spoiler: Credit where credit is due.