Brutal Wolfenstein 3d V5.0[DEMO RELEASED]

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Brutal Wolfenstein 3d V5.0[DEMO RELEASED]

Postby ZioMcCall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:24 pm

Brutal Wolfenstein?What is it?

Brutal Wolfenstein 3D is a TC for Doom 2:Hell on Earth which aim to recreate a new experience of the original Wolfenstein 3D,with new gameplay mechanichs such as new enemies,new weapons,interactive enviroment and,of course,blood.An huge amount of blood.

Version 5.0 Demo

The plan to make two different project,Classic redux and Project:bulletstorm,is scrapped.
The develompment is back to the classic v5.0 and a demo of the work made until now is RELEASED
This new demo show the new things i'm planning for improve my project,which are in short:

REMADE ARSENAL

The arsenal was remade from zero and now offer new mechanics,new sprites and new animations!
Also,we can even dual wielding Lugers and MP40s now.New weapons will be add and i yet decide which are.
You can try to guess what weapons could be in the image below.

Note that the grey weapon are the one that still wasn't add.

REMADE MAPS

Original Wolfenstein 3D maps was a little boring to play,especialy for the fact that didn't had height variations.
The feature to remake maps was yet in work for the scrapped Classic Redux and i decided to continue it for this standard version.Otherwise,maps will have simple enchancments,but enough for make the maps to look more nice.
The demo offer only the levels from the first episode of Wolfenstein 3D,but the final version will include all the maps from Wolfenstein 3D and Spear of Destiny

CUSTOM OPTIONS

A lot of modern Doom's mod use cvars,and now Brutal Wolfenstein have their own kind of them
Options are still in develompment and for now interest only for customize the spawn of Enemies,props,ammo and weapons

NEW ENEMIES BEHAVIOR AND LOOK

A lot of death animations was redrawn and new animations was add.For the demo,this count only for the enemies of the first episode.
For the complete version,i'm planning to rework the remaining of them and add some new enemies

Screenshots!
Spoiler:

These are the main changed things,but there are more minus.
I hope you'll enjoy this demo test and let me know all the bugs you'll encounter.

DOWNLOADS

V5.0 DEMO
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-wolfen ... ommentform

Previous version download
http://www.moddb.com/mods/brutal-wolfen ... ng-for-v50

Changelogs
Spoiler:

Credits
Spoiler:
Last edited by ZioMcCall on Mon Nov 06, 2017 8:36 am, edited 29 times in total.
ZioMcCall
I hate blackouts!

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein v4.0 Beta

Postby Clownman » Tue Mar 03, 2015 4:57 pm

I'll take a look at this later. By the looks of it, it seems you are trying to improve your mod atleast. ((Even though I'm not a huge fan of "Brutal Mods" personally, but still it's nice to see that you are accepting criticism unlike some other users I've seen.))

Although I need to note some things based on the screenshots and from the last version I played...

-Be sure to fix up the rather sloppy Nazi "Death Animations" (Curb Stomp/Fatalities)

-The Brutal Doom Nazis honestly seem... out of place when you compare them to the SS. I could try recommending some other sprites like the Lost Missions one I guess.

-This is VERY Important: Credit each individual person who made/ripped the resources. Don't just say what mods you took it from and call it a day.

-I honestly think you should keep Dr. Schabbs and Gretel Grosse the same as their original source appearances. I get you might be wanting to try something "Interesting" for them but... They aren't really that good.

-((Rather Personal but still)) Please remove that Dumb Creeper Girl thing... Wasn't the map based on Pac-Man originally anyway? Please put back the ghost, they made much more sense and they honestly weren't facepalm worthy.
Clownman
I'm not gonna fight you... I'm gonna kick your ass.

Postby ZioMcCall » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:12 pm

Is yet on my program to remove Cupa the Creeper and Replace the Pac-Man level with a new level.For the rest you are right,i must create a better credits and that I should ask their authors if I can use them or change them, but know that I asked permission to Sgt_Mark_Iv and other people to use their stuff before get my hands in his work.The boss i would love to redo from scratch because I did not like the style that they have in Wolfenstein 3D(In wolfenstein 3d i only don't like boss look,the other is amazing!), then I still have to add to them the dismemberment and a better look.
Unlike the 3.0 I'm trying to pay more attention to my work and do not rush to publish a mod made in half. I put this beta like test to know what things annoy as sprites made bad or bugs to fix..I'm sorry very much for my horrible English.
ZioMcCall
I hate blackouts!

Postby demo_the_man » Tue Mar 03, 2015 5:51 pm

Its time for another terminus stream, but it does look like you have done a lot more work on this than that versoin. Also, work to optimize your blood effects it cuases much lag.
demo_the_man
Did i ever tell ye the story of me old bones?

Discord: demo_the_man#8942

Postby Ultimate Freedoomer » Tue Mar 03, 2015 7:31 pm

Will this work with the Wolf3dTC? If not, will this eventually become compatible?
Ultimate Freedoomer

Postby Ma77 » Tue Mar 03, 2015 8:41 pm

other than some weird sprites this is a MASSIVE improvement from the last one the new weapons look and feel nice (reload for the luger is odd and stg has weird looking hand in iron sights)
The music is a nice touch too.
Ma77
its Alpha and Betas Kingdom come.

Postby ZioMcCall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:31 am

demo_the_man wrote:Its time for another terminus stream, but it does look like you have done a lot more work on this than that versoin. Also, work to optimize your blood effects it cuases much lag.

Well,in my computer the blood don't lag friend.This required a better video card or a better processor.
ZioMcCall
I hate blackouts!

Postby ZioMcCall » Wed Mar 04, 2015 7:35 am

Ultimate Freedoomer wrote:Will this work with the Wolf3dTC? If not, will this eventually become compatible?

I will do in future a version compatible with ALL the wad that you want,like Brutal Doom.
ZioMcCall
I hate blackouts!

Re: Brutal Wolfenstein 3D

Postby Mr.Enchanter » Sat Mar 21, 2015 4:26 pm

I love this mod, keep working also I redid a few sprites that were not Brutal-Hand converted, for example the STG
Mr.Enchanter
Certified Shitposter

Discord: Enchanter#5420

Postby Mr.Enchanter » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:43 pm

I'm working on the fists, would you be interested in these sprites? I need to make a few changes to the Panzershreck reload, but its pretty much done.
Mr.Enchanter
Certified Shitposter

Postby Mr.Enchanter » Sun Mar 22, 2015 5:46 pm

Also here's my STG iron sights sprite.
Mr.Enchanter
Certified Shitposter

Postby BFG » Mon Mar 23, 2015 7:36 pm

I thought this was a gorier version of Wolf, but it doesn't really look much like Wolf, I thought you'd use that AFADoomer's mod as a base.
BFG

Postby Tormentor667 » Thu Mar 26, 2015 5:16 am

After Brutal Doom, this must be one of the worst things I have ever seen in my life.
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby AFADoomer » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:21 pm

BFG wrote:I thought this was a gorier version of Wolf, but it doesn't really look much like Wolf, I thought you'd use that AFADoomer's mod as a base.

He is, kind of. An ancient, bastardized version that someone hacked apart to work with Skulltag. I'm not sure why he hasn't pulled from the last version, if only for the resources.

He still hasn't acknowledged me by name, of course.
AFADoomer

Postby wildweasel » Fri Mar 27, 2015 4:40 pm

AFADoomer wrote:He still hasn't acknowledged me by name, of course.

Yes, this is rather a big problem. Could the original poster kindly give credit to all involved parties?
wildweasel
I love the smell of sourdough in the morning

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods