Doom: The Golden Souls 2 [DEMO 3 OUT!]

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Doom: The Golden Souls 2 [DEMO 3 OUT!]

Postby Batandy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:14 pm

General Description
Doom : The Golden Souls 2 is the sequel of the groundbreaking mario styled hub-based mod, this time you'll travel through levels with a world map, unlocking new paths by reaching secret exits or by collecting big coins. You must retrieve 7 Golden Souls stolen by the Cyberdemon's minions in order to save the world... once again!

The Gameplay
Thanks to the feedback of the community, GS2's gameplay is vastly improved over the original game!
*Higher jumps with an almost full air control! You can dodge,turn around in midair and make precise jumps from platform to platform!
*No Oxygen required! That's right, full underwater levels are coming!
*Pk3 with complete root, the new game's much more optimized than the original, every map is in UDMF format!
*Reload has been moved from right mouse button to R!

Official Facebook Page
https://www.facebook.com/goldensouls2

3 Map Demo Latest Demo Download : https://www.mediafire.com/file/cdjyga76 ... _Demo3.pk3

Halloween Demo (2016) Download : http://www.mediafire.com/file/2jt8o6t68 ... _hfix1.pk3

3 Map Demo (2016) Download : http://www.mediafire.com/download/mwktc ... _hfix1.pk3

Old Versions
Spoiler:

Please download a devbuild to play the mod
https://devbuilds.drdteam.org/gzdoom/

Credits
Spoiler:

The Items
Spoiler:

The Weapons

Spoiler:

World Map
Wip shot:

Image = Level Cleared
Image = Level still not completed
Image = Level not yet unlocked
Last edited by Batandy on Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:46 am, edited 34 times in total.
Batandy
Have you tried blowing into the cartridge?

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Postby magmus » Sat Jan 17, 2015 2:50 pm

This looks great! I am looking forward to the release.
magmus

Postby xenoxols » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:02 pm

Well I'm exited for one. It looks like there still isn't much feedback from the weapons, that was probably my biggest issue with the first one.
xenoxols

Postby BonnieGoody » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:35 pm

My biggest issue was darn it, it was too heavily scripted for coop...
BonnieGoody

Postby wildweasel » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:39 pm

Batandy, since I don't currently have any huge projects occupying my time, I may like to look over your weapons for this one; I agree with xenoxols in that the TGS1 weapons were just not very satisfying to fire, and I'd like to help with that this time around.
wildweasel
I love the smell of sourdough in the morning

Postby Combine_Kegan » Sat Jan 17, 2015 3:43 pm

I still think the pistol should be given an infinite supply of reloads. That said, more wonderful golden soul maps? Why yes, sign me up.
Combine_Kegan
The GMOTA Guy

Postby Tormentor667 » Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:11 pm

Ohyes!
Tormentor667
needs more detail

Postby a1337spy » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:03 pm

If there are any new monsters. are they gonna be bullet sponges? As that was the main issue I had with the first Golden Souls.

Edit:
And will the monster placement be balanced? I don't want to see barons and cacodemons on the first map.
Last edited by a1337spy on Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
a1337spy
Gotta Get a Grip

Postby Sgt. Shivers » Sat Jan 17, 2015 5:09 pm

Looks like the plant guys have been downsized, they were the main bullet sponges in number 1. Are we gonna get more level types in this one? Number 1 had bosses, "find 8 coins" and "find the exit" levels but it'd be neat to see more types like "get out in time" or "get this thing back to the start of the level".
Sgt. Shivers
Call Apogee, Say AARDWOLF!

Postby Jaxxoon R » Sat Jan 17, 2015 7:55 pm

Ah yeah! Finally Doomguy doesn't have that realistic air momentum that made platforming such a pain in the original, and it's good to see those stupid plants have been nerfed. I also really like the sound of the SMW custom music SPC (?).
Jaxxoon R

Postby SamVision » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:30 pm

this time you'll travel through levels with a world map

This feels like a regression.
SamVision

Postby Jaxxoon R » Sat Jan 17, 2015 8:52 pm

A world map functions pretty much exactly the same as a house-HUB-house thing, so I don't see how.
Jaxxoon R

Postby xenoxols » Sat Jan 17, 2015 9:00 pm

Well from what I've seen this is more like the old 2d Mario games, which are the only ones I actually like. Never liked Super Mario 64. And I like the world map because of that, but I'm wondering if you could get it to work like in Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World.
xenoxols

Postby zrrion the insect » Sat Jan 17, 2015 10:57 pm

This looks really great so far. If you need help with weapon sprites/code/whatnot I'd be happy to help.
zrrion the insect
Like a fish in a child's hands.

Postby Batandy » Sun Jan 18, 2015 2:32 am

World map is not a regression, it acts like the old one except that you unlock levels by completing levels and not with Souls.
The Plants have been nerfed, yes. They can be killed with 2 double barrel shots and the painchance is higher.
Wildweasel, sure, i'll send you a PM later. Zrrion i'll also send you a pM, Any help is appreciated! :)
Also i' m looking for mappers, since i want this mod to have double the maps compared to the first one, if anyone's willing to make a map, send me a pm
Batandy
Have you tried blowing into the cartridge?

Next

Return to TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects