Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Batandy

Doom: The Golden Souls 2 | OUT NOW! | Current Ver: 1.4

Post by Batandy »

Old Trailers:
Spoiler:
General Description
Doom : The Golden Souls 2 is the sequel of the groundbreaking mario styled hub-based mod, this time you'll travel through levels with a world map, unlocking new paths by reaching secret exits or by collecting big coins. You must retrieve 7 Golden Souls stolen by the Cyberdemon's minions in order to save the world... once again!

The Gameplay
Thanks to the feedback of the community, GS2's gameplay is vastly improved over the original game!
*Higher jumps with an almost full air control! You can dodge,turn around in midair and make precise jumps from platform to platform!
*No Oxygen required! That's right, full underwater levels are coming!
*Pk3 with complete root, the new game's much more optimized than the original, every map is in UDMF format!
*Reload has been moved from right mouse button to R!

Download on Itch.io
https://batandy.itch.io/goldensouls2

Please Play With Gzdoom 4.1.2 or higher!

Please do NOT play with other addons or gameplay mods unless they are specifically made for GS2, things WILL break!

----100% Walkthrough by pagb666----
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=69R6OP_ ... HPc8vUFR5l

Credits
Spoiler:
World Map
Last edited by Batandy on Thu Oct 21, 2021 4:28 am, edited 68 times in total.
magmus

Re: DooM : The Golden Souls 2

Post by magmus »

This looks great! I am looking forward to the release.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Well I'm exited for one. It looks like there still isn't much feedback from the weapons, that was probably my biggest issue with the first one.
BonnieGoody

Post by BonnieGoody »

My biggest issue was darn it, it was too heavily scripted for coop...
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Batandy, since I don't currently have any huge projects occupying my time, I may like to look over your weapons for this one; I agree with xenoxols in that the TGS1 weapons were just not very satisfying to fire, and I'd like to help with that this time around.
Combine_Kegan

Post by Combine_Kegan »

I still think the pistol should be given an infinite supply of reloads. That said, more wonderful golden soul maps? Why yes, sign me up.
Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Ohyes!
a1337spy

Post by a1337spy »

If there are any new monsters. are they gonna be bullet sponges? As that was the main issue I had with the first Golden Souls.

Edit:
And will the monster placement be balanced? I don't want to see barons and cacodemons on the first map.
Last edited by a1337spy on Sat Jan 17, 2015 4:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Looks like the plant guys have been downsized, they were the main bullet sponges in number 1. Are we gonna get more level types in this one? Number 1 had bosses, "find 8 coins" and "find the exit" levels but it'd be neat to see more types like "get out in time" or "get this thing back to the start of the level".
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

Ah yeah! Finally Doomguy doesn't have that realistic air momentum that made platforming such a pain in the original, and it's good to see those stupid plants have been nerfed. I also really like the sound of the SMW custom music SPC (?).
SamVision

Post by SamVision »

this time you'll travel through levels with a world map
This feels like a regression.
Jaxxoon R

Post by Jaxxoon R »

A world map functions pretty much exactly the same as a house-HUB-house thing, so I don't see how.
xenoxols
Preferred Pronouns: She/Her

Post by xenoxols »

Well from what I've seen this is more like the old 2d Mario games, which are the only ones I actually like. Never liked Super Mario 64. And I like the world map because of that, but I'm wondering if you could get it to work like in Super Mario Bros. 3 or Super Mario World.
zrrion the insect

Post by zrrion the insect »

This looks really great so far. If you need help with weapon sprites/code/whatnot I'd be happy to help.
Batandy

Post by Batandy »

World map is not a regression, it acts like the old one except that you unlock levels by completing levels and not with Souls.
The Plants have been nerfed, yes. They can be killed with 2 double barrel shots and the painchance is higher.
Wildweasel, sure, i'll send you a PM later. Zrrion i'll also send you a pM, Any help is appreciated! :)
Also i' m looking for mappers, since i want this mod to have double the maps compared to the first one, if anyone's willing to make a map, send me a pm

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”