Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kontra Kommando

Aliens: The Ultimate Doom

Post by Kontra Kommando »

I decided to put together what are in my opinion the best aspects of each of the Alien games that I worked on:

I present to you:

Here's what you can expect to see in it:

-Textures, and sprite objects from Alien Trilogy (UD)

-Xenomorphs from Alien Trilogy (TC) 2017

-Weapons from Aliens: the Ultimate Doom, as well as non-xeno Monsters.

-Music from Aliens: The Ultimate Doom v8.0

Download Link:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/1fhnq6yko ... 5D+v.1.zip

Credits:
https://imgur.com/o4phFth
Spoiler:
Last edited by Kontra Kommando on Sat Aug 06, 2022 3:37 pm, edited 285 times in total.
Sgt. Shivers

Re: Xenomorph Drone [Custom Monster WAD]

Post by Sgt. Shivers »

Neat, looks really unique compared to the other xenomorph sprites.
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Sgt. Shivers wrote:Neat, looks really unique compared to the other xenomorph sprites.
It is :) he did a very good job with the xeno. I know, i tried it and i love it :)
Ixnatifual

Post by Ixnatifual »

I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Ixnatifual wrote:I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)
What's making you say that :lol:

I know it's because of the looooooooooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnnng tail right?

Joking aside all the xeno in the movies have a fairly long tail so i think Kontra Kommando wanted to reflect that particularity and we have to admit he did a good job doing so.
Kontra Kommando

http://www.mediafire.com/download/f...Drone_v_1.1.zip

Here is a link to version 1.1

Endless123 from the zDoom forum brought a couple issues to my attention, and I made some corrections; the Read Me file lists them.
Kontra Kommando

Ixnatifual wrote:I take it gestated from Marsupilami. :)

LOL Well, the Xenomorph can grow up to 7.5 ft tall, and they are even larger long-ways.
wolfman

Re: Xenomorph Drone Version 1.1 [Custom Monster WAD]

Post by wolfman »

The link to v1.1 is broken.

Working link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fs439 ... _v_1.1.zip
Kontra Kommando

Re: Xenomorph Drone Version 1.1 [Custom Monster WAD]

wolfman wrote:The link to v1.1 is broken.

Working link: http://www.mediafire.com/download/fs439 ... _v_1.1.zip

Yikes! Thanks for catching that!
Kontra Kommando

Re: Aliens Themed MAP01/Drone v1.2/Warrior Xeno Preview

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n...l_One_v_1.0.zip

Attention: This is intended for GZDoom, and crouching will come in handy. Especially, because of the slopes in the corridors.

Attached is a link to an Aliens themed map I have created; the level has the working name of Starship Konrad. It is a medium sized map, with few, but deadly enemies, ,little ammo ,and provisions. This WAD is more inspired by Ridley Scott’s Alien, than James Cameron’s Aliens. Nevertheless, there is more than one Xeno to deal with, unlike the original Alien movie. It is my hope that this map will inspire a sense of reluctance and terror on the part of the player, when venturing into the many dimly little, and shadowy areas. You will hear the sounds of the xenomorph drones skulking in the shadows, eagerly waiting for you to stumble into them. This WAD is a survival-horror, not an action game. You will need to explore the map thoroughly, if you want to have better chances at survival.

This will be version 1.0 of this WAD, as I plan to come back to it, and add even more detail, and custom textures. This is the first level of many, which I plan to create, making this essentially a demo to a larger TC WAD. I also plan on creating a more diverse set of enemies, which will be in a later verison of the map. This includes the facehugger, warrior, chestburster, and perhaps the dog-xeno. I also plan on making the queen, but she obviously won’t be featured on MAP01.

The Xenomorph Drones have been supped up. Their attack range has been increased to 64; their speed increased to 30; and they now have A_Fastchase, which makes them strafe left and right to avoid danger. This is done to make them more becoming of the movie monster they emulate; agile, fast, and lethal.

Version 1.2 of the Xenomorph Drone is included in the Map WAD.

Moreover, take a look at the comparison pic of the Warrior and the Drone. I plan on completing a new sprite sheet for them, and will make them available for download.

Pic
http://imgur.com/ClHpxVr
Endless123

Post by Endless123 »

Great work on the map and the xenos my friend :D
Kontra Kommando

http://www.mediafire.com/download/n875n ... _v_1.0.zip

Mediafire link was invald again, but it wasn't at first due to the fact that their are downloads in the counter. I don't know what is up with this file hosting site, but this is not the first time this has happened.
Kontra Kommando

Endless123 wrote:Great work on the map and the xenos my friend :D

Thanks dude! :D
-Ghost-

Post by -Ghost- »

Will you borrow the weapons from the other Aliens TC here to get that full Marine experience?
Kontra Kommando

-Ghost- wrote:Will you borrow the weapons from the other Aliens TC here to get that full Marine experience?
Yep, Starship Konrad has a Pulse rifle that shares the same sprites as the one for the 94' Aliens TC, except this version has the quake-style grenade launcher as the secondary attack. Right now there is a slight issue with the version I have included in the WAD (IDK if the author or someone else has fixed it yet); after the gun fires, the lighting-levels go up, and stay that way.

I will also include the Smart Gun for sure in later levels.

I'm not going to include the pistol from the TC, but I think I want to look around for something cool. I was thinking about the 6-shooter revolver, because it has a very satisfying gun shot sound. But Idk if it looks right using it in the future. Nevertheless, it is a classic weapon. If a pump action shotgun is good for Doom's version of the future, I guess a six shooter is permissible in the aliens universe.

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”