Before I begin, I should ask that while fixing gameplay issues and revamping maps improves the core experience, the only thing keeping this mod from becoming a fully legal IWAD for gzdoom are enemy graphics/sounds, just to warn you, there's lots of gaps to be filled, about 7 bosses and 15 enemies and those cannot be filled with unoriginal/modified resources if we want to stay legal (which is my goal for the 2.0 version). Other than that, we are good to go, the weapons, music, textures, HUD, menu nad some other stuff are fully custom and I got the permissions to use it in an IWAD. If you want to take chances with me at creating a fully custom IWAD, go ahead, i'll appreciate it (btw gameplay-wise the mod's finished, along with the story and everything else but the enemy graphics/sounds)
Warning: You'll need your latest gzdoom svn to get this thing running, get it from http://svn.drdteam.org/gzdoom/ Or try to use latest official gzdoom which has necessary features.
Hello dear lads, this is Soulcrusher, a mod that is somewhat between a partial and total conversion for gzdoom. Final version is officially out! Get it now, don't wait, just play it when you have time, I need your feedback for the bugfixes in the future. Link: https://www.dropbox.com/s/cfrt0x6l5pobh2v/SCMain.zip
1.3 Update: https://www.dropbox.com/s/iu0kpbdhng9rq30/SCMain.wad
- Final boss dialogue works
- Final boss was made more fair, and the secret gun ACTUALLY works on him now.
- Final boss's area was redesigned to prevent some stupid bugs.
- STADMIN's gameplay flow has been improved a bit
- Sonic Gun no longer flashes when firing
- Last two levels now contain regenerating ammo.
- Fixed a bunch of visual bugs.
- Sniper Rifle's been partially buffed.
If you have any issues launching the mod in gzdoom, use this kind of a commandline parameter chain: -file SCmain.wad SCMonstr.wad SCtex.wad SChud.wad SCmusic.wad
- It has 9 levels, 6 bosses, should keep you busy for a bit.
- There's a font bug you will notice but i have yet to find a fix for it.
- It's playable from start to the end.
- It's fairly balanced.
This mod won't be up on /idgames because while I can connect to it, I can't upload anything for some reason.
Maps, gameplay and various stuff was designed by me
Weapon graphics/some enemy graphics/music were done by Nmn while we still worked together, actually it was his work that inspired me to start something overwhelmingly big like this.
Below's the final trailer.
Spoiler: ScreeniesAlso here have two new screenshots!
Here's a bonus little FAQ if you are curious about the details of this mod (It's spoilered because it's lengthy)
Spoiler: FAQResource credits:
- Redneck Rampage
- System Shock
- Doom 2.5
- All others which I forgot about.