[ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.
Kate
... in rememberance ...

[ON HOLD] Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

Post by Kate »

Welcome to the world of Pokémon! The wild Demons have taken over the Phobos base and all you have are a couple of Poké balls and some Potions. Let's catch some and wreak havoc!

PokéDOOM takes the standard DOOM gameplay and punts it straight out of the window, dropping a Realtime Tactics RPG in its' place. Hectic battles ensue as you send out up to 6 monsters under your command to battle the Demons that stand in your way. Trainers and a rival make things even more challenging and mind-numbingly ridiculous to comprehend. Cooperative is experimentally functional and PvP Trainer Battles are soon to be supported, with in-game and cross-game trading up on the planning board as well.

If you're actually interested in screwing around with PokéDOOM in its' current state
Grab the main wad from here and the Doom-regional pokédex from here. Currently, only Doom (1 and 2) is supported.
DO NOT USE DRAG AND DROP TO LOAD THE WADS, it won't work. Instead, use a launcher and make sure to load Pokémon.pk7 before Doomdex.pk7 to make sure everything is loaded correctly. Skulltag does not work with PokéDOOM, as it lacks recent SVN features. If you have decorate errors and you've loaded them in the right order, then use the SVN build from DRDTeam.

Last updated: April 6th, 2012

Quick clarification on three things:
  1. You will NEED to disable Smart Aim in order for the targetting to work properly. If you have problems ordering your monsters around even when they're in the center of the screen, turn Smart Aim OFF in the Gameplay Options.
  2. Keep in mind that in order to recall monsters, you'll have to hold the alt-fire down for three seconds. Watch the countdown above the monster's head and keep it directly below your crosshair.
  3. It will take longer if you try to recall a monster from a larger distance. At ~1500 units, you cannot recall a monster at all. You will need to get closer.
Spoiler: Gameplay video
  • Known Bugs
    Previously fixed problems are not listed
  • Stationed monsters don't walk back to their goal circle when pushed away
  • X-Speed does nothing useful currently
  • Flying monsters don't auto-level very well (and wind up attacking ledges fruitlessly more often than not)
  • Flying monsters at different heights may get stuck in a melee loop trying to attack each other and missing constantly (related to the above problem)
Last edited by Kate on Thu Jan 17, 2013 5:48 pm, edited 21 times in total.
esselfortium

Re: (WIP) Pokémon DOOM: Titanium

Post by esselfortium »

This confuses and terrifies me. I love it.

Unique, original weapons mods like this, Psychic, and the D72 gameplay videos you've shown are few and far between.
Big C

Post by Big C »

This is three kinds of wrong and fifty kinds of pants-soilingly awesome.
ZDG

Post by ZDG »

"Awesome" isn't enough for this.
TwelveEyes

Post by TwelveEyes »

This is awesome and hilarious at the same time. Good stuff!
JimmyJ

Post by JimmyJ »

This looks amazing, and isn't something I expected to see when I checked out the forums this morning. I can't wait!
Apothem

Post by Apothem »

This gives me hope for some of the other ideas I had, I'm glad to see such a badass mod finally getting some attention! Keep it up Pink_Silver! :)
InsanityBringer

Post by InsanityBringer »

you know, I was *just* about to release a new build of asteroid cacodemons, but this cooler project would steal all of my attention! Oh well, there's always two weeks from now.

Ok, I'm just kidding of course, this is looking great.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

Haha neat. :D
Unholypimpin

Post by Unholypimpin »

WOW this looks amazing, could almost pass for a whole new game, that is of course if the monster lvling system and pokeball system isnt bugged out.

either way this looks very heavily scripted and original. I LOVE IT!!! arachnotron pokemon is already my favy!!
Grymmoire
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Post by Grymmoire »

I've been waiting a long time for this to get announced and draw some public attention.

Will you be able to control what attacks your "pocket monsters" use during combat? Or does they just have their one melee and ranged attack (depending on the monster)?

Looks like the fighting style is gonna take some getting used to, a lot more hectic than I'm used to for such small battles (which is a good thing).
Ghastly
... in rememberance ...

Post by Ghastly »

Wanted to post earlier, but words cannot express enough, concerning this marvellous concept you have created...

My life now complete, I will go sit in a corner.
Demolisher
Graphics Processor: nVidia with Vulkan support

Post by Demolisher »

I thought that my lifelong dream was to join the marines, but now I want to be a Pokémon doom trainer.
MagSigmaX

Post by MagSigmaX »

This is so kick ass! and I lol'd very hard at the silliness of throwing pokeballs to the demons, you gotta catch 'em all eh? I will definitely download this when it comes out. Keep up the good work! :thumb:
Sephiron

Post by Sephiron »

THIS IS FUCKING GENIUSSSSSS

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”