Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Projects that alter game functions but do not include new maps belong here.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are ONLY for YOUR PROJECTS! If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Xim » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:14 pm

Well, I made another weapons mod, this one is kinda inspired by the Duke Nukem Weapons, but it's not exactly like them, really. It's nothing too big, but I did include a couple of cool surprises. This requires the latest SVN of (G)ZDoom. I've mostly just tested it with GZDoom, though.

THE WEAPONS
Spoiler:


CHANGE LOG
Spoiler:


CREDITS
Spoiler:


SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:

CLICK HERE TO DOWNLOAD


Also, those who want to play this mod with wads that have replacements for the Wolfenstein SS Guard, here is a patch that disables the WOLFSS replacements in my weapons MOD. You'll likely have to put this after the weapons mod and before the levels though.
Xim-No Wolf3D Stuff Patch.wad
You do not have the required permissions to view the files attached to this post.
Last edited by Xim on Mon Jul 14, 2014 10:25 pm, edited 18 times in total.
User avatar
Xim
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Chii » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:31 pm

I like the N64 soda launcher! but no 3D explosion :(
User avatar
Chii
Banned User
 
Joined: 04 Jan 2009
Location: Japan

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Dokuro » Sat Sep 26, 2009 1:52 pm

Kick ass man! really nice and silver grenade pumper?
User avatar
Dokuro
Pipiru piru piru pipiru pi
Banned User
 
Joined: 31 Jan 2008
Location: Nepal

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Sonnyboy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 3:32 pm

They look good.

But, judging from the screenshots, I would say that the pistol is off-center.
It looks like it's aiming at the left of the screen.
User avatar
Sonnyboy
The Good Son
 
Joined: 03 May 2009
Location: A pinch here, a dab there

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Xim » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:02 pm

Sonnyboy wrote:They look good.

But, judging from the screenshots, I would say that the pistol is off-center.
It looks like it's aiming at the left of the screen.


Hmm, yeah. Well, I fixed it (hopefully well enough) and re-uploaded it.
User avatar
Xim
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Sonnyboy » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:09 pm

The link seems to be busted... maybe it's just a problem with IE, but I would like to try this.
User avatar
Sonnyboy
The Good Son
 
Joined: 03 May 2009
Location: A pinch here, a dab there

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Xim » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:17 pm

It works fine for me, so it must be IE.

<insert firefox preaching here>
User avatar
Xim
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby ProjectAngel » Sat Sep 26, 2009 10:39 pm

Cool mod. :3

Might I ask what the brown grenades are supposed to do?
User avatar
ProjectAngel
Forever lurker
 
Joined: 18 Feb 2009

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Xim » Sun Sep 27, 2009 12:35 am

The brown grenades are slug rounds. The projectile itself does more damage but they don't explode. They might be good to use on enemies that don't take splash damage, perhaps a demon of a certain cyber variety.
User avatar
Xim
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2009
Location: Somewhere with trees

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby darmuss » Sun Sep 27, 2009 2:26 am

I like it.

'One thing; it looks a bit strange that the grenades are shooting out from the middle of the screen while the weapon is located to the side.
User avatar
darmuss
 
Joined: 25 Feb 2005

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Cardboard Marty » Sun Sep 27, 2009 8:48 am

Very awesome mod so far! I'd like to see the implementation of a certain weapon of the "freeze", "shrink", and "devastator" variety later on ;)

I do think however, that the Desert Eagle should be a bit faster. Right now, it's freakin' slow. But that's just me.
User avatar
Cardboard Marty
"WHAT??? YOU are telling me the guy just updates when ever he wants?"
 
Joined: 23 Oct 2004
Location: Blue Vertigo HQ
Discord: Cardboard Marty#1337
Twitch ID: CarlosAtBV

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Parthoris » Sun Sep 27, 2009 11:24 am

Marty Kirra wrote:Very awesome mod so far! I'd like to see the implementation of a certain weapon of the "freeze", "shrink", and "devastator" variety later on ;)

I do think however, that the Desert Eagle should be a bit faster. Right now, it's freakin' slow. But that's just me.

You seriously been under a rock, Voltlock has created all the Duke3D weapons and the Expander does expand enemies, the freeze ray does freeze'em and geuss what else, the shrink ray shrinks them... and when you walk over to them just like in Duke3D the screen looks down and the foot comes out and you crush em!! I don't know how he did that but its very good! Its made for Skulltag but a few deleteions of MINIGUN etc in the Decorate source and you'll have a ZDoom version :3:
User avatar
Parthoris
Corvus the Heretic
Banned User
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Location: England I mean... The Heretic Docks

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Xaser » Sun Sep 27, 2009 1:51 pm

And?
User avatar
Xaser
anarchivist
 
 
 
Joined: 20 Jul 2003

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby zap610 » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:39 pm

Parthoris wrote:
Marty Kirra wrote:Very awesome mod so far! I'd like to see the implementation of a certain weapon of the "freeze", "shrink", and "devastator" variety later on ;)

I do think however, that the Desert Eagle should be a bit faster. Right now, it's freakin' slow. But that's just me.

You seriously been under a rock, Voltlock has created all the Duke3D weapons and the Expander does expand enemies, the freeze ray does freeze'em and geuss what else, the shrink ray shrinks them... and when you walk over to them just like in Duke3D the screen looks down and the foot comes out and you crush em!!


I wish you climbed under a rock and stopped posting.
zap610
Secretary of Balloon Doggies
 
Joined: 20 Feb 2005

Re: Xim's Nuke-Um Weapons

Postby Parthoris » Sun Sep 27, 2009 3:49 pm

zap610 wrote:
Parthoris wrote:
Marty Kirra wrote:Very awesome mod so far! I'd like to see the implementation of a certain weapon of the "freeze", "shrink", and "devastator" variety later on ;)

I do think however, that the Desert Eagle should be a bit faster. Right now, it's freakin' slow. But that's just me.

You seriously been under a rock, Voltlock has created all the Duke3D weapons and the Expander does expand enemies, the freeze ray does freeze'em and geuss what else, the shrink ray shrinks them... and when you walk over to them just like in Duke3D the screen looks down and the foot comes out and you crush em!!


I wish you climbed under a rock and stopped posting.


I think Xaser's frail little body would crush Zap :( so we can't or we will be murderers!
User avatar
Parthoris
Corvus the Heretic
Banned User
 
Joined: 26 Mar 2008
Location: England I mean... The Heretic Docks

Next

Return to Gameplay Mods

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: doomg1337fuck, Gifty, HolyHeadcrab and 8 guests