Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

For Total Conversions and projects that don't otherwise fall under the other categories.
Forum rules
The Projects forums are only for projects. If you are asking questions about a project, either find that project's thread, or start a thread in the General section instead.

Got a cool project idea but nothing else? Put it in the project ideas thread instead!

Projects for any Doom-based engine (especially 3DGE) are perfectly acceptable here too.

Please read the full rules for more details.

How do you feel about the difficulty of Hell-Forged Maps on UV (Grandmaster)?

Poll ended at Mon Dec 20, 2021 11:26 am

Too Easy
9%
Somewhat Easy
4%
Just Right
22%
Somewhat Hard
52%
Too Hard
13%
Impossible
No votes

Total votes: 23

Amuscaria

Hell-Forged (updated to v1.11 - development paused)

Post by Amuscaria »

OVERVIEW

(thanks a ton to Icarus for making a review of the Alpha :D)

Hell-Forged is a Doom spin-off for Doom 2 and the reboot, and sort of a sequel, to Demon Eclipse's second episode. Thanks to Tarnsman's feedback from some years ago, he's convinced me to focus on the Hell-tech theme of Demon Eclipse instead of having two essentially different games in a single package. This project takes a lot of inspiration Hexen, Quake, Blood and Duke3D, while trying to make it look and play as authentically Doom as possible.

DOWNLOAD
Hell Forged (v1.11): https://www.moddb.com/games/doom-ii/dow ... orged-v111
Bright Maps (by SkyMarshall): https://drive.google.com/file/d/12Dp5UK ... 3N5qv/view
HD Sound Pack (by Captain J): https://www.mediafire.com/file/u77pmbmxxwfm5d7
Rebalanced Mod (by HyperExia): https://drive.google.com/drive/u/3/fold ... 1HeabBOJlT

GAMPLAY CHANGES

While Hell-Forged aims to preserve Doom's gameplay style as much as possible, somes use of ZDoom's features were implemented.
Spoiler:
===========================================================================================================================
LORE
Spoiler:
THE ARSENAL

Unlike the arsenal in Doom where later weapons made earlier ones obselete, each weapon in HF is designed for a specific role, and will not become redundant. Furthermore, all weapons except the Templar sword (atm) have an alternate attack.
Spoiler:
BESTIARY

Along with a familiar cast of hellspawn form Doom I & II, Hell-Forged brings a cast of new monsters that come from the deepest pits of hell. Some of them are more powerful variants of old favorites, others straight out of your worst nightmares. Some enemies are limited to a specific episode.
Spoiler:
ITEMS, POWER-UPS AND INTERACTABLES
Spoiler:
SCREENSHOTS
Spoiler:
FULL CREDITS LIST
List of companies and people from which I've borrowed resources from, or have inspired me greatly over the years as a Doom-modder.
Spoiler:
==========================================================================================================================
Spoiler: NOTICE
Last edited by Amuscaria on Wed Oct 19, 2022 5:05 pm, edited 488 times in total.
hnsolo77

Post by hnsolo77 »

those look awsome, keep up the good work man
wildweasel
Preferred Pronouns: He/Him
Operating System Version (Optional): A lot of them
Graphics Processor: Not Listed

Post by wildweasel »

Eriance wrote:I was running GZdoom 1.22 and noticed that anything with a A_Explode seems to do a balooza of damage. Is that some sort of bug? Or is A_Explode no longer used in the old fashion. I wasn't dooming for a few months and am not aware of anything that has been mentioned recently.
That is a bug in GZDoom 1.0.22. You'll need to download an unofficial version that has the A_Explode fix included.
Amuscaria

Post by Amuscaria »

wildweasel wrote:That is a bug in GZDoom 1.0.22. You'll need to download an unofficial version that has the A_Explode fix included.
Where can get the unofficial version. I checked on the Gzdoom website and didn't find a link to it.
TheDarkArchon

Post by TheDarkArchon »

Tormentor667

Post by Tormentor667 »

Eriance, you are crazy :) Your work is absolutely admirable, without any doubt and I can't wait for Episode 3 :)
Shadelight

Post by Shadelight »

Wow, I can't wait for the new episode, awesome job Eriance. :)
Karnizero

Re: The Demon Eclipse Thread - New weapons up

Post by Karnizero »

Eriance wrote:I couldnt find my old threads so i made a new one (Search option gave me a bunch of unrelated threads). I'll post the updates and NEWs on Demon Eclipse and the new sprite sheets for those that dont want to wait for the beta releases.

New Gargoyle Wand:

I got bored last night and i remade the Gargoyle wand from scratch. Didn't want to continue using that chepa Heretic recolor forever.

Hellforge Cannon:

Replaces the mace-weapon, but does more or less the same thing. Againm, didnt want to use Heretic ripoffs forever.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
NEWS:

I'm currently finishing the DE-Ep3 weapon CGs and decorating them. I decided to get rid of a some weapons as there were simply too many and some of them did more or less the same things. There will not be 7 weapons (excluding Vorpal Blade) for Demon Eclipse: Episode 3. Each uses it's own ammo, and on the will regenerate ammo on it's "home stage". I'm still trying to figure out what i want a few of them to do.

Unlike other Doom mods, there will be NO pea-shooter/pistol equivilent weappns for EP3. Instead, you will start with the Vorpal Blade and there will be 1 weapon per 6 stage, and the 5 pieces of the Unmaker you will collect in 5 of them to assemble your ultimate weapon. Each weapon will have two modes of fire, i'll figure them all out eventually. The graphics are mostly done, i just need to add some highlights and need to CG 2 more weapons and their pickup and projectiles/attack-graphics.

I'm finishing up the remake of the 10th mape "Hellkeep". Running into a slight mappers block at the moment though. Hopefully it will be finishes sometime this week along with all the Ep3 weapons.

DE-EP3 monsters are taking a long time. Currently finishing up the Chaos-Elemental and the Hellstorm Soul Harvester. I'm almost done editing the Anagorak (of HS) from the heresiarch.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
[...]
OMG!!!!!

Really, you are a real fuking artist!!! (in the good sense, of course :-P)

I need some Monsters, Characters and Weapons like this for my TC (an Heretic Total Conversion)
Do you mind if i get those both weapons for my TC? :roll:
(or if a take some monsters/Characters for my TC?)
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

any chance you'll ever make more human/uac weapons?
NiGHTMARE

Post by NiGHTMARE »

Those do look awesome :).

eliw00d: I seem to recall, but could be mistaken, that DE Episode 4 will be set on Earth/in a human outpost of some kind. So presumably that will make use of more human-built weapons.
Jimmy

Preferred Pronouns: He/Him

Post by Jimmy »

I have to say, these are probably the best sprites you've done so far. I can't tell exactly what the Hellforge Cannon is supposed to be, though. Is it some kind of demon vertebrate with a smashed skull?
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

NiGHTMARE wrote:Those do look awesome :).

eliw00d: I seem to recall, but could be mistaken, that DE Episode 4 will be set on Earth/in a human outpost of some kind. So presumably that will make use of more human-built weapons.
man, i would love to see a rifle or sub-machine gun made by eriance. or more frames for his existing weapons! wink wink nudge nudge say no more...
sirjuddington

Post by sirjuddington »

eliw00d wrote:
NiGHTMARE wrote:Those do look awesome :).

man, i would love to see a rifle or sub-machine gun made by eriance. or more frames for his existing weapons! wink wink nudge nudge say no more...
I agree :P There seems to be a lack of good centered custom (sub)machine guns / rifles for doom...
eliw00d

Post by eliw00d »

SlayeR wrote:I agree :P There seems to be a lack of good centered custom (sub)machine guns / rifles for doom...
indeed. i drool at the thought of an eriance smg or rifle, in the style he made his uac weapons.
Baratus
Preferred Pronouns: They/Them

Post by Baratus »

Dude. Sweet. :shock:

Return to “TCs, Full Games, and Other Projects”