Weather Spawner

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.

Weather Spawner

Postby Boondorl » Thu Nov 11, 2021 1:50 pm

At long last, a light-weight Actor for all your weather spawning needs. Weather Spawner is yet another Actor-based solution for handling weather in maps, but this time with a significantly new interface. Unlike weather spawners of the past, this one doesn't come with default effects but allows mappers to entirely create their own in mere minutes. With the power of the custom WTHRINFO lump, creating your weather is as simple as making a definition in MAPINFO.

There are also huge optimization benefits to this Actor. For starters, it's only a single Actor that needs to be placed in the map. No more Actor spamming to get your desired storm. It also doesn't create a ton of weather spawning Actors meaning your maps remain efficient and weather will only ever spawn where the player is. On top of this, it'll make sure not to spawn in water and will properly hit the top of water for those cool rain splash effects. All of this in one incredibly easy to use bundle. Want even more control? As a bonus, it has a plethora of ACS functions designed to give it full scriptability (there's so many I can't even list them all here!). It also comes with some user options to tweak its general properties right out of the box, such as the volume and amount of precipitation.

Got a feature request? Those are cool too! Feel free to leave your feedback here as I'm always looking for new options to add. I can't guarantee they'll get done in a timely manner, but I'm sure I'll be updating this every now and then with some bugfixes and new toys to play with.

Requires GZDoom 4.7 or newer

Documentation is included in the Release download
Release download
Github

How to Use:
Spoiler:

A quick guide:
Spoiler:

Mods and maps that use this:
Spoiler:
Boondorl

Re: Weather Spawner

Postby Enjay » Thu Nov 11, 2021 2:11 pm

Very cool. Thank you very much for this. I look forward to trying out a few things with it.

13 pages of documentation! :shock: Very thorough. Again, thank you.
Enjay
Everyone is a moon, and has a dark side which he never shows to anybody. Twain

Postby Lippeth » Thu Nov 11, 2021 4:12 pm

Wow, this looks very useful. Really look forward to having fun with this. Cheers!
Lippeth
Metalvangelist

Discord: Lippeth#2552

Postby Deon » Tue Nov 23, 2021 8:29 am

I was thinking about implementing a weather system in my maps, and this came out! Thank you very much, I will definitely try to make it work! I appreciate all the effort put into this work.
Deon

Return to Script Library