HD-style slow bullet

Post your example zscripts/ACS scripts/etc here.

HD-style slow bullet

Postby Matt » Sun Feb 14, 2021 1:22 pm

https://mc776.neocities.org/dl/slowbullet.pk7

In the readme, I wrote:A finite-speed hitscan projectile based on Hideous Destructor's bullet.

Useful for very small, very fast projectiles (like, you know, bullets) where a regular fastprojectile would be making thousands upon thousands of collision checks every tick.

Distributed under GPL as a derivative work of the GZDoom source.

Instructions
To see what it's about, load the entire pk7, hit IDFA and select weapon slot 4 ("SlowBulletTester").

Most changes you might want to add should be available through the properties or virtual function overrides.

Use +NOBLOOD to get rid of the impact blood.

Known bugs
Collision against 3D floors and some walls not entirely reliable.

This replaces this previous obsolete attempt.
Matt
Putting the XD into *xdeath since 2007

Location: Gotham City SAR, Wyld-Lands of the Lotus People, Dominionist PetroConfederacy of Saudi Canadia

Re: HD-style slow bullet

Postby luigiman0640 » Sun Aug 22, 2021 2:42 am

So I'm looking at this to try and make a Source engine styled tracer, and I'm a bit confused as to how to change and remove a few things in a new class, namely the trail and its variants, ricochet, impact effect, and damage. I'm guessing that this can all be changed through the virtual functions, but I don't exactly see how. Do keep in mind that I am new to complex ZScripting like this, and I'm not commenting on the code itself, which seems to be fairly well documented. I can tell what chunk of code does what, but I just can't see how to bend those to my own needs.
luigiman0640
Retro/Nintendo Fanatic

Discord: luigiman0640#0351
Twitch ID: luigiman0640
Operating System: Windows 10/8.1/8/201x 64-bit
Graphics Processor: nVidia (Modern GZDoom)

Return to Script Library